Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Stats And You!

Well, since the update we are now able to see our specific values of attack power, accuracy, defense, evasion, attack magic, enfeebling magic, healing magic, enhancement magic, magic accuracy and magic evasion. I decided to play around with some level 31 rings (+5 stats) on my 37 Pugilist and found out the following things about stats and disciples of war:

For every 5 PIE you get 5MP, 1 Enfeebling Magic and 1 Magic Evasion
    For every 5 INT you get 1 Magic Attack
    For every 5 VIT you get 5HP and 1 Enhancement Magic

Using up to 4x DEX rings for a total of +20 showed no change in Accuracy or Evasion. VIT showed no change in Defense.

On my 31 Conjurer I only had MND rings handy and found out the following for disciples of magic:

For every 5 MND you get 1 Healing Magic and 1 Magic Accuracy

If anyone has any other disciple experience with stats in increments of 5 please post and share your findings! This could be handy for understanding stats better as well as possibly pointing out something to devs. It may be a bug that DEX doesn't show any gains for DoW. It's interesting to know now that MND doesn't increase MP anymore and that it seams to be a 1:1 ratio for PIE/VIT:MP/HP. I'm assuming the +1 magic stats per 5 base stat on DoW would translate to +2 magic stat but if anyone can confirm, kudos!

I'll update this main page periodically with everyone's findings!

Recap By Disciple:
    *Starting at 50 (possibly earlier) you get +1 to a secondary stat (like healing magic) for every +4 base state (like MND) instead of 5.

DoW Stats:
    5STR - Unknown increase in Attack Power but no apparent change in attribute menu
    5VIT- 1:1 HP ratio, 1Enhancing Magic, unknown increase in Defense ""
    5DEX - Unknown increase in Accuracy/Block/Parry but no apparent change in attribute menu
    5MND - 1 Healing Magic, 1 Magic Accuracy
    5INT - 1 Attack Magic
    5PIE - 1:1 MP ratio, 1 Magic Evasion, 1 Enfeebling Magic

DoM Stats:
    5STR - Unknown increase in Attack Power but no apparent change in attribute menu
    5VIT - 1:1 HP ratio, 1Enhancing Magic, unknown increase in Defense ""
    5DEX - Unknown increase in Accuracy/Block/Parry but no apparent change in attribute menu
    5MND - 1 Healing Magic, 1 Magic Accuracy
    5INT - 1 Attack Magic
    5PIE - 1:1 MP ratio, 1 Magic Evasion, 1 Enfeebling Magic

DoL Stats: (amount:gain unknown)
    STR - BTN - makes it easier to locate the angle to chop
    VIT - MIN - makes it easier to locate the power to mine
    DEX - FSH - makes it easier to choose rod movement
    MND - MIN - increase item yield
    INT - BTN - increase item yield
    PIE - FSH - increase item yield
    *Gathering - lessens depletion rate of the remainder gauge for main hand, second hand increases chance of gathering items.
    *Output - increases item yield, for FSH increases hit rate.
    *Perception - increases high quality yield rate.

DoH Stats: (exact benefits unknown)
    STR - BSM main hand; ARM secondary hand
    VIT - CRP, LTW, ARM main hand
    DEX - GSM, WVR main hand; CRP secondary hand
    MND - CUL main hand; BSM, WVR secondary hand
    INT - ALC main hand; GSM, LTW secondary hand
    PIE - ALC, CUL secondary hand
    *Control - Assists in keeping the elements harnessed
    *Craftsmanship - needs testing/dev answer
    *Magic Craftmanship - needs testing/dev answer

Further testing results by others:

[dev1144] Effect of Core Stats on Skills Explained. Devs, We Need Answers Please

Deus Diabolus' Blog
    (20)
    Last edited by MartaDemireux; 10-28-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Bayohne's info + Reinheart's translation

Player
    Character
    Alvaro Vanagandr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    On 36 LNC, +5 STR rings (tested with 1-4 rings up to total of +20 STR) saw 0 change in Attack Power, or any stat (except for the 2 Defense from each ring).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroVanagandr View Post
    On 36 LNC, +5 STR rings (tested with 1-4 rings up to total of +20 STR) saw 0 change in Attack Power, or any stat (except for the 2 Defense from each ring).
    Thanks for the test!

Updated OP and added a recap for each disciple. Be interesting to see if different stats effect each DoH differently, though I doubt they do.
    (1)
    Last edited by MartaDemireux; 10-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well, managed to finally test out some rings on CNJ41 and PGL37 and both yielded the same results with stats. Either I misread or they ninja fixed it in 1.19a or something but CNJ41 now getting 1 healing/magic accuracy per 5MND. Obviously the stats must be involved in a complex algorithm for each ability that I don't feel like figuring out haha but there you have it for a general idea for DoM and DoW!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Strykh Jern
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    This is quite interesting, though I think it could be developed a bit. For instance, I read this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenka View Post
    From my observation earlier 1 attack = 2 damage, 1 DMG = 8-9 damage therefor 1 DMG = 4 attack or so.

8 attack vs 2 damage = SAME

I think the Hart would perform better though, I think DMG has more profound effect than I just stated however such as raising doing what STR and Attack both do at the same time.
    (0)

Player

cnj 390 attack potency did 250, 230 with fire 2 and lightning 2 consistently on 49 basilisks from halatali quests.

thm 410 attack potency did 270, 250 with the same spells consistently on the same mob, with affinity(about 85-90% efficiency).

Casters seem to get a LOT of output from potency, however their overall damage on same level mobs seem lacking compared to like marauders who do 500-800 aoes.

451 attack potency, thaumaturge

370-380 with fire 2, 380-390 with lightning 2.
    (1)
    Last edited by FluttershyPony; 10-21-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hmm thanks for that! I might experiment with nuke potency (ignoring affinity weaknesses) on CNJ in regards to the influence of INT/Magic Attack.

I played around with Healing Magic/MND with Cure II and it seems:
    199MND + 311Healing Magic gave me a low of 373, an average of 392 and a crit of 450
    193MND + 301Healing Magic gave me a low of 362, an average of 374 and a crit of 460
    179MND + 306Healing Magic gave me a low of 362, an average of 370 and a crit of 450
    173MND + 296Healing Magic gave me a low of 348, an average of 360 and a crit of 440

So it appears that the higher the Healing Magic, the higher the floor; the higher the MND the higher the crit and potency (in general). However I have reason to believe that the recipient stats effect the potency as well. Casting with MND179 + 306Healing Magic on a level 17 Gladiator gave me a low of 346, an average of 350 and couldn't get a crit. No idea what stat (or maybe the level itself) is the culprit though, but it may be like FFXI's Dancer with user's MND versus recipients VIT...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Moiren Houl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Right now "secondary" stats (M.Acc, M.Evasion, etc) get +1 for every 4 of their "primary" stat (like MND for M.Acc or VIT for Enh.Magic).

Simply look your equip menu and look your base stats. For example you have 206 MND. By adding 1 MND, you'll get 0 M.Acc bonus. By adding 2 (206 -> 208) you'll get 1 M. Acc. By adding 3 / 4 / 5 you'll still get only 1. With 6 (-> 212) you'll get 2 M.Acc

I tested this with a Lv50 CNJ (or maybe I was on my THM? Well I dont think it matters). Dont know if this could change:
    - When a particular amount of stats (like MND or M.Acc) is reached
    - Based on player level
    (0)
    The best things in life are always free...~

ffxivhub.tumblr.com ~ FFXIV: A REALM REBORN news

Player
    Character
    Hiraeth Petrichor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Moiren View Post
    Right now "secondary" stats (M.Acc, M.Evasion, etc) get +1 for every 4 of their "primary" stat (like MND for M.Acc or VIT for Enh.Magic).

Simply look your equip menu and look your base stats. For example you have 206 MND. By adding 1 MND, you'll get 0 M.Acc bonus. By adding 2 (206 -> 208) you'll get 1 M. Acc. By adding 3 / 4 / 5 you'll still get only 1. With 6 (-> 212) you'll get 2 M.Acc

I tested this with a Lv50 CNJ (or maybe I was on my THM? Well I dont think it matters). Dont know if this could change:
    - When a particular amount of stats (like MND or M.Acc) is reached
    - Based on player level
    Hmm maybe it's a threshold once you reach level 50. At 31 I added 4 +5MND rings and got back 4 Healing Magic instead of 5.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moiren Houl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Before 1.19 was released they said that @ high levels base stats (character growing) would matter less, but stats from equips would matter more. So that could make sense
    (1)
    The best things in life are always free...~

ffxivhub.tumblr.com ~ FFXIV: A REALM REBORN news

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast