Player
    Character
    Seventh Element
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Since you are all discussing stat changes, post patch 1.19, I thought I'd pass along some info regarding the changes to stats that we received from Triairy. It looks like he left off physical evasion, so I'll bug him about it.
    Any chance we can see what effect each point of stat has on those?

I crudely tested +10 mind and I couldn't see hardly any change to health points cured on my self.

Does it have some variable connected to the target of the cure?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sev; 10-22-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Stu Foo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Since you are all discussing stat changes, post patch 1.19, I thought I'd pass along some info regarding the changes to stats that we received from Triairy. It looks like he left off physical evasion, so I'll bug him about it.
    There is absolutely no way that in 1.19a that only DEX is block rate. Pumping STR (Like +85~100 over natural STR) will improve your blocking by a large amount, even against lv.58~60s. My DEX hasn't moved an inch and I am noticing differences of up to 30-40% block rate, all other conditions equal.

If it is intended to be DEX, why? Why would they intend to have DEX do six things while STR only does one or two? Why have such low natural DEX on the only class that's intended to use a shield?

STR should be blocking rate, VIT should be parry, and DEX should be evade.

Can we get a comment on what makes our shields mitigate more damage when we do manage to block (outside of the shield stat itself and the +5 from sentinel's trousers)? Non-deflection-buffed blocks are just pitiful. (Side-question: Are they ever going to fix Aegis Boon not showing the monster's attack animation when we block with it up? It has never, ever worked right.)

Thanks Bayohne.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tibian Rahm
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 60
    Stats should be reworked a bit for casters. Vitality should not be tied to enhancing magic, and piety should be removed as a base statistic. I feel that adding enhancing magic to vitality shows you are trying to find additional statistics to place to validate keeping some. Removing piety can solve a lot of that problem. Since piety and MP are 1:1, split it up to where 1 MP = 2 Int and 1 MP = 2 Mind. Magic evasion can be placed on VIT and enfeebling magic should be tied to INT.

Furthermore, get rid of that awful tiered structure (if it actually exists) of enhancing/enfeebling magic. Or if keeping the tiered structure, make the gains much much much more prominent. Ie: Tier 1 Protect = 81 Defense, Tier 2 Protect = 91 defense, and so on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stufoo View Post
    There is absolutely no way that in 1.19a that only DEX is block rate. Pumping STR (Like +85~100 over natural STR) will improve your blocking by a large amount, even against lv.58~60s. My DEX hasn't moved an inch and I am noticing differences of up to 30-40% block rate, all other conditions equal.

If it is intended to be DEX, why? Why would they intend to have DEX do six things while STR only does one or two? Why have such low natural DEX on the only class that's intended to use a shield?

STR should be blocking rate, VIT should be parry, and DEX should be evade.

Can we get a comment on what makes our shields mitigate more damage when we do manage to block (outside of the shield stat itself and the +5 from sentinel's trousers)? Non-deflection-buffed blocks are just pitiful. (Side-question: Are they ever going to fix Aegis Boon not showing the monster's attack animation when we block with it up? It has never, ever worked right.)

Thanks Bayohne.

It is easily seen the intention of these stat is the change to make them worth something for everybody. Dev team not like people to build class by focus just 1-2 attribute so they want people to spread point more or decrease some part to increase some part. STR is for doing damage! so it is favor stat to people eventho it only do one thing. it is the most expensive.

Look at materia chart, that is also confirm that SE want people to spread attribute out.

(0)
    Last edited by Alise; 10-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Stu Foo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post

Dev team not like people to build class by focus just 1-2 attribute so they want people to spread point more or decrease some part to increase some part. STR is for doing damage! so it is favor stat to people eventho it only do one thing. it is the most expensive.

Oh okay, so the dev team doesn't like people to build classes that focus on just one or two attributes, but they give DEX six beneficial effects and STR only one. Makes perfect sense to you I'm sure.

How does changing STR to only affecting attack power make it more useful for anyone? It already does that somewhat, you're actually taking the additional benefit of STR away and putting it on DEX. Why would you use anything but VIT/DEX in this new setting? It's just like the VIT/STR setting we have now but just switching the useless stat around, and your "spread point more" logic is meaningless. Players are going to max their stats to perfect the role they want to play no matter how bad you mess up what each one benefits.

The point still stands that even if they make DEX govern blocking that GLA will become even worse at it, it's our second lowest stat and we have no DEX gear at all, stat merits and the new jewelry won't be able to push us from 190 to what we need to satisfactorily mitigate stronghold monsters, much less HNMs.

STR for blocking (instead of VIT or DEX) makes sense, it alleviates the issue of the dedicated tank class (GLA) from stacking only VIT, since they also use it for physical defense and HP, and since they aren't a heavy damage dealing class, the extra STR benefits them only slightly in doing more damage output for keeping hate.

VIT for parrying makes sense because it forces a marauder tank to focus on it, instead of only STR or DEX, since they are a heavy damage dealing class and would benefit too greatly from having those be the only stats they need.

DEX for evasion would help PGL out a bit because they are only an off-tank with damage dealing focused on multiple, low damage hits, where criticals will come into effect more often (and they get blindside), so having DEX be their focused stat would be useful if it did evasion and critical power.

That is how you balance out the stats that people will want to use in a physical tank role, you can't just look at DEX and say, "oh well no one uses this at the moment let's cram every mitigation proc on this one stat" because then everyone will just move from the current stat to the new one. How can you even imagine that's a good idea while also saying what you've said above?

Also, STR is garbage for doing damage, attack power and critical power are much more effective.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stufoo; 10-22-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Player

VIT effects Enhancing magic? *facepalm*
    (0)

~Rationality falls quite short for those living in their own world~
    "See the world for what it is, not for what you want it to be!"

Player
    Character
    Sontawila Wila
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    As many has asked, would you kindly tell us what affect what and how? For example, how much ATK would you gain from +1 STR? How much Def youget from +1 VIT....etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    VIT effects Enhancing magic? *facepalm*
    That's not really a hard to figure. In XI Vit was part of the cure calculation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Bug him about telling us how much 1 point increases each by while your at it .

I assume it is 1-for-1 right now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    STR: Attack Power
    DEX: Physical Attack Accuracy/Block Rate/Parry Rate
    VIT: Defense/Enhancing Magic/Max HP
    INT: Attack Magic Potency
    MND: Healing Magic/Magic Accuracy
    PIE: Magic Evasion/Enfeebling Magic/Max MP

My question is this; why not bring back AGI & CHR that was taken out in alpha?
    (0)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast