Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats And You!

Since you are all discussing stat changes, post patch 1.19, I thought I'd pass along some info regarding the changes to stats that we received from Triairy. It looks like he left off physical evasion, so I'll bug him about it.

STR: Attack Power
    DEX: Physical Attack Accuracy/Block Rate/Parry Rate
    VIT: Defense/Enhancing Magic/Max HP
    INT: Attack Magic Potency
    MND: Healing Magic/Magic Accuracy
    PIE: Magic Evasion/Enfeebling Magic/Max MP
    (58)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player

Also if you could be so kind to ask id there is a difference between attack power and STR on materia. From my understanding STR is a WS damage modifier, While attack power increases your normal attacks damage. Any way to confirm? And thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Umo Heima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Since you are all discussing stat changes, post patch 1.19, I thought I'd pass along some info regarding the changes to stats that we received from Triairy. It looks like he left off physical evasion, so I'll bug him about it.
    Is there any plan to overhaul the Ask the Devs! topics? For example, this one.
    (8)
    English is not my mother language. I'm trying to do my best, so please don't be rude...

¡Únete a la Comunidad en español de FFXIV en MeWe!
    https://mewe.com/join/ffxivesp

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Could you bug him about the actual damage formula as well? Right now it's impossible to compare gear because we don't know the exact effects of stats. Also, does no stat modify crit rate?

It also doesn't seem to make sense that VIT affects enhancing magic. This could even lead to tanks getting more potent buffs than casters.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fusionx Griever
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    How about some information regarding like.. "attack power" vs STR? Which is better? I know for example in FFXI if you equip an item with STR you'll see your attack go up a bit right? But that doesn't seem to be the case with FFXIV.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Nothing effects evade? Interesting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Keftenk View Post
    Nothing effects evade? Interesting.
    They making AGI stat into the game that will be for evade. lol j/k
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    How about some information regarding like.. "attack power" vs STR? Which is better? I know for example in FFXI if you equip an item with STR you'll see your attack go up a bit right? But that doesn't seem to be the case with FFXIV.
    exactly that, i hope you can let us know about why we dont see any change in our attack power if we add strength and if theres a cap for those stats like no more than 300 points because from there you wont get any boost.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fran Targaryen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Thanks Bayohne!
    Question thou, which stat would effect crit hit rate? Thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by elreed View Post
    exactly that, i hope you can let us know about why we dont see any change in our attack power if we add strength and if theres a cap for those stats like no more than 300 points because from there you wont get any boost.
    STR, as far as I can tell, Boosts your one hit 1 hit WS tremendously, but as far as normal auto attack goes it pushes your damage output thresholds higher when pushed against Mob VIT. What is left over is the resulting DMG of your attack power VS Mob defense.

Basically, STR isn't exactly attack power. It supports your attack power by pushing it through the mob's VIT.
    (0)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast