Player
    Character
    Ferreol Juliembert
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

PS4 Controller Not Responding Ingame on PS4 System

I just started having this issues on Monday the 12th around 18:00 EST on Exodus server. It starts acting up as soon as the client opens up. All other functions on the PS4 work with the PS4 controller. It's fully charged and fully functional which makes me to believe it's a problem with FFXIV.

I've tried the following troubleshooting:
    • Went into System Config and changed game setting from controller to mouse & keyboard back to controller
    • Restarted the client
    • Restarted the PS4 Controller
    • Restarted the PS4
    • Restarted the PS4 and let the power cycle completely clear
    • Recalibrate the PS4 controller to the PS4 (It worked for a few seconds then started acting up)
    • Backed up my save data, deleted it from the PS4 relaunched the client

Nothing has worked. I've opened up a ticket with the ingame help option. I was only able to log in by plugging in a mouse to my PS4.

I've also searched the internet for a solution, but all the stuff that I come across is compatibility issues with the PS4 controller and PC a year plus some time ago.

Please help me
    (0)
    Last edited by Happybit; 10-13-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ferreol Juliembert
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quick bump - I checked Square Enix's support site. It gave a suggestion to re-install Final Fantasy XIV.

If I do decide to do this, my character will be saved on the server correct?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sixx Silvers
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    As long as you don't physically delete your character from the character selection screen you won't lose your character, so yes it is backed up online.
    (1)