Character
    Claire Fury
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

Force Logout button

(sorry if this is in the wrong place)
    So i have frequent issues with my computer crashing and it cause me to have to sit and wait at the character selection menu, who else thinks they should incorporate a logout button that way players wont have to sit and wait to re log back in, especially when in dungeons or something other like that
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I think it would be better if they just got rid of that annoying "character still logged in" nonsense. We should be able to log back in instantly whenever we D/C.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    It's not as though SE is choosing for the process to take time. It takes time because the servers are in the midst of a rather intensive process to log you out. Until that process is complete, it could cause data corruption to log you back in when you'd only been half-way logged out.

Now, maybe there are ways for SE to speed up the process, and if so, that would certainly be good.

I do think there should be an immediate logout and close option instead of always putting you back in the launcher. But that wouldn't allow logging back in any more quickly. The server still needs to complete your logout before you can log in. But if you're done with FFXIV for the day, it could let you move on to other things while it does so.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I'm not sure where you are getting your information. You are either logged in or not. If you try login while still logged in on another device, you get the message "You are still logged into the game. Please allow a few moments for the logout process to complete. If you continue experiencing problems contact customer support." The "Please allow a few moments for the logout process to complete" is misleading since you must wait for you to actually perform the logout operation on the device your still logged on with.

If the game still thinks your connected because you became disconnected because of a brief power or network outage, or your PS4/computer locks up or experiences a kernel panic (BSOD), the game will still think you are connected and logged in, but will have stopped receiving data from you, thus displaying the "disconnecting" icon next to your characters name. Unfortunately it will not log you out of the game until you timeout, which seems to be about 300 seconds, or five minutes. This not only bad for you, but if your in a party it's bad because they must wait for you timeout and then log back in.

The solution is simple. Provide a "Force Logout" option when you try logging in on another device while still connected. Or simply force a logout when attempting to login while still connected. Either way would work.
    (1)
    Last edited by Laraul; 10-09-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lele Santoix
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    My character takes ages to even normally log out, and I have absolutely no idea why, seeing as my FC members don't have that problem (their character disappear immediately while mine may take 5+ minutes), I guess it's my connection...
    I would love to have a force log out option
    (0)
    Last edited by Meimi_chan; 10-10-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Claire Fury
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    That's why I am saying there should be a force log out button, because instead of sitting there waiting to logging in because the game still thinks you are logged in, you could just click a button and log your character out instead of it sitting there and wasting yours and others time
    (0)