Page 5 of 3410 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nerael Valdir
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Was leveling my Monk the other day. Got Brayflox normal for low level roulette.

Warrior(synced down from 54) would not switch to Defiance for the life of him. We tried asking, we tried poking, we tried auto translate, we tried EVERYTHING.
    Not a single response. Never used overpwer, only used his aggro combo on a single mob and that's it. If the mob died? He would just wait until the rest were dead

Luckily the MCH was pushing one mob back and locking it into place.
    I would pull aggro on the other mob to make sure our AST was safe.
    Our AST was very competent and kept us all alive.

Final boss the WAR went down ofcourse because he didn't dodge a single thing nor move boss out of the poison pools, so I wound up tanking the boss

Monk tanking FTW!
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Silver
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    BLM I ran with once had rotation of: Flare, Transpose. Repeat.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Oj Au
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by randysquirrel View Post
    BLM I ran with once had rotation of: Flare, Transpose. Repeat.
    oh god, he didnt at least fire 3 first?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mihael Blue
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Had a BLM pull everything and blamed me whilst tanking that I was too squishy when he died. Biggest facepalm I've had in ages.

The worst is probably a tank in Haukke Manor not knowing how to tank and kept 1 vs 1ing targets with his sword combination only.
    (2)
    Exorcist of Oceania Core Empire <OCE> Oceanic Tonberry FC
    FC Thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/309373-Oceania-Core-Empire-FC-Recruitment
    FFXIV Housing Club - Sharing and inspiring housing designs Come find us at https://ffxivhousingclub.wordpress.com/ & http://ffxivhousingclub.tumblr.com/

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Silver
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ191 View Post
    oh god, he didnt at least fire 3 first?
    lol no, literally just flare transpose flare transpose.

There have been others, but this is the one I always remember
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raela Sarinelle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Friend offered to tank my mch with his pld in DD last night. I'm not a huge fan of mch and was kinda iffy on dealing with DF, but said sure.

The drg never ever aoed. I think she was synced down so she should have had one, but maybe not. First boss took forever to kill and she didn't touch adds, so her dps was also low.

The healer though.. Cnj, no soul crystal, wearing HQ vit acc. Gear was NQ whites, some underleveled. Autofollowed my friend and used medica to heal. Would not move out of aoes, so I said it was probably a bot and he should leave it out of the purple to kill it. It stopped following then and would refollow after pulls..

It let my friend die after the first boss and we wiped. Drg dropped out and we vote abandoned. I was going to kick after loot anyway.. Said no more DF that night.
    (7)

Character
    Dererk Titan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidala View Post
    Doing Sohm Al just now I ran into a SMN who would not use Ruin, Bio, Bio II or Miasma. The only spells he ever cast were Shadowflare, Painflare, and occasionally Ruin II or Ruin III. When asked if there was any particular reason he wasn't casting these spells he listed the spells he was casting and said the others were "level locked". He meant Tri-disaster was locked due to level sync. Even after being told he could still cast his DoTs normally and being requested to multiple times, he refused to. I don't even understand..

I will top your smn horror story.

Last boss in Fractal smn only casted Ruin. I had to tell him to dot it. He wasn't even using or even had his athear stacks up at any time to get dread wyrm possession had to tell him to do that to. We wiped about 3 times because adds wernt dying fast enough. Wasn't till the 4th that I noticed it was the smn.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rena Ryuugu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Well here is one I did to myself on accident. Went into the (I forget Dungeon name) Level 53 dungeon on my Ninja, this was just after the moonfire faire so I had just gotten my new shoes and yukata, ran to my FC home and started pulling out the mats needed to glamour it on but of course I wanted to put it on and make sure I liked the look. Decided I did and glamoured it, to what? I wish I knew cus I then proceeded to join the dungeon and after taking massive blows, doing much lower damage and yet trailing in 3rd, I stopped and said "my damage doesnt seem right..." opened my equip to see the level 1 shirt and shoes as my main gear as the healer stated 'Well don't think that armor is helping too much" xD

Though I think the most hilarious ones are when I am told to not do my classes core skills, such as a Summoner being told to stop doting and AOEing and stick to single target. I literally went numb at such a stupid comment but because of wait times and not wanting to start over just went with it.

Edit: and seriously, remove the 1000 limit or making it larger, the above post isnt even all that big.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Did Everweep as DRG yesterday, end up with a WAR, a SCH and a NIN. The tank does nice, aggressive pulls and I'm like "great, this'll be over quick!". I start doing the usual things and realise I'm going to run out of TP before the mobs are even halfway dead. I check the DPS and see that the NIN is barely hitting 250. 250 DPS as a level 60, fairly geared melee. I politely tell him that his damage output is quite low and that perhaps he should look into some rotation guides and videos on YouTube or something. Not a word in response. The tank and healer get a bit annoyed and rude with him, still no response. We kick him after second boss because honestly, he wasn't contributing much at all. We get a replacement MNK in seconds who dishes out fantastic damage on the last boss. Clear time ended up being 49 minutes.

Have also seen quite a few cases of me out-DPSing BLMs and whatnot in AoE situations when I'm on my SCH. Yeah.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mendalas Dragoonai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Was tanking expert roulette for the extra gil and instant queue(usually heal). My tank is i188 with strength acc. The run of Neverreap was absolutely flawless as we come up to the final trash pull before the last boss. I write out in chat that I would be pulling all the mobs back to the dhamel spawn room as to avoid the water spouts and to have more room to dodge the bazillion aoe's that happen. I do this every time and say it in chat too so there is no confusion. I've never had a problem with it for any group I've tanked (probably hundreds of times at this point) and it only takes about 4 seconds longer to position them. I die because the healer is too busy typing in chat that its pointless to do that and that I'm an awful tank. We wipe and come back as I'm explaining why I pull them back so its easier for me to dodge everything. Of course it's my fault that we died, even though I went through every cd and still died as the healer was raging over a tanking preference. Him and one of the dps (must have queued together) start cussing at me in chat and telling me that his warrior is way better and that he tanks A3S all the time. Then I see the loading screen right before I start to pull the group.... Kicked right before the last boss because I decided to tank the mobs where the dhamels are. Thought about reporting it for harassment and misuse of the kick feature, but shrugged it off and queued again since the GM would probably do nothing.

Awesome community we have here.
    (32)
    Last edited by Mendalas; 10-05-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Page 5 of 3410 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast