Player
    Character
    Aria Ashford
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post
    I just asked out of curiosity why he was not using Bane with his dots. He said "I'm tired."
    Brilliant. This is just going be my response to everything from now on.

(26)

Player
    Character
    Fionn Iolair
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    I loathe it when tanks play spin the bottle on the eyeball boss.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Eulios Ceyena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I was leveling PLD before expansion at Brayflox and I got healer who still... Conjurer. This conjurer don't have Cure 2 and never EVER using esuna while I got poison until stack to 5 at final boss. My health always drop to critical too since this conjurer don't have Cure 2 and keep spamming medica to heal me (And you can get imagine how I handle the aggro...). Those JP people choose to abandon duty rather votekick the conjurer...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rhotitar Bhaldeyrasyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Today I had a run in Aery with a terrible War. Been trying to level my monk. First thing the warrior thinks he can tank in Deliverance without having proper enmity lead. He uses Defiance after the first trash pack is done thankfully though it feels like he didn't due to me ripping hate at every fight even at boss fights where the tank doesn't have to do anything but keep hate on one mob.

Let me see what else

Had a run in fractal with a whm who insisted on casting Renew on me after the trash mobs were dead.

i got more surely have two more levels to chew thru on mnk.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rio D'khan
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    About a week ago, I loaded up my AST for the first time since unlocking it the day Heavensward launched. I ran a couple of Haukkes and a Brayflox before I realized I had Diurnal Sect. No one said anything.

---

I ran Library on my Monk, with a SMN as my DPS partner. Things were dying fairly slowly, but I didn't think too much of it until I noticed that the SMN had about half my max health. Checked his gear... every body piece was level 52, suitable for Dusk Vigil/Sohm Al; Library not so much. I was curious, so I grabbed my... abacus. After the second boss he was pulling less than 1/10th what I was. I mean I'm pretty chill when it comes to DF but I was basically solo dpsing, this was just a very different kind of unacceptable. Turns out his gear was broken; we wiped at the last boss and his max health was now a whopping 3700. For comparison, my monk was about 9600.

Icing on the irony cake, the tank dropped after the wipe and our replacement was a level 59 warrior who tanked the boss in Deliverance and out-dpsed me.
    (23)
    Last edited by Bamboofox; 10-05-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ameno Sagiri
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Let's see last interesting df I had was prolly doing a low roulette on my brd. Got Brey with a lvl 35 gladiator he was new and hadn't done his job quest. Ofc I'm on a Jp server so 90% of anyone you get in df only speaks Jp. While I can speak it I'm on ps4 and to use my Jp keyboard on my ps4 takes all day so I use auto translate majority of the time. this tank had no idea how to play his job, never used flash and barely used the full Emity combo, as you can expect mobs we're going all over the place. Through some broken translations I lead the team with me and the monk tanking everything so the healer could do his role. We won thankfully but sad that even tho tanking is my main job in this game I end up doing it on dps as well sometimes.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lana Syndare
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by xXRaineXx View Post
    Healer standing around doing no DPS healing every 3-4 seconds, often some pretends to do something by running around in circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg View Post
    I had to comment on this one as you're pretty much describing how I main as WHM. My problem is that if I go into Cleric Stance and start wailing away on the boss, I all too often end up in DPS tunnel vision mode, want to get ONE more Stone III off - and someone dies.
    3-4 seconds between heals means there isn't time to even consider touching cleric stance. The global cooldown alone is 2.5 seconds. Cleric stance has a cooldown of 5 seconds. So any healer who uses cleric stance needs the tank to survive for 7.5 seconds without a heal at the minimum.

A heal every four seconds means the healer can't do anything but heal, but can at the very least avoid some overhealing by waiting around a second after the GCD rather than spamcasting.

When this is the case, it generally means the tank is far too squishy, and the party is one mistake from a wipe.

So for my story:
    Neverreap. Paper tank. All STR accessories. Must have had broken armor too, since I had more HP than him. No sign that he even knows what a defensive cooldown is.
    It's a struggle, but the dungeon is designed to prevent too much stupidity all at once.
    The two giraffes pull, all the way to the water wall. The tank burns through a critical galvanize and stoneskin before he reaches the end. Throw a swiftcast adloquium on him so he doesn't die right there. Pull all the stops: sacred soil, eye for eye, virus, etc. Eos is Roused and Whispering Dawn is running. Burn through four lustrates while spam casting. DPS is getting hit, Eos is getting hit, I'm getting hit. Finally forced to heal myself. The tank drops, and it's terrible because he went a 'whole four seconds' without a heal. Not sure what was still attacking him.

Four seconds? Really?
    Adloquium has a two second cast time, and is affected by the 2.5 second global cooldown.

-2 seconds: Start casting Adloquium on the tank.
    0 seconds: Tank gets healed! Throw my last Lustrate here, too.
    0.5 seconds: Start casting Adloquium on myself.
    2.5 seconds: I get healed!
    3.0 seconds: Start casting Adloquium on the tank.
    4.0 seconds: Tank dies?
    5.0 seconds: Adloquium finishes.

Yeah. Tank is dead. Four seconds sounds about right.

**Note: It's actually 2.4 seconds on the global cooldown in my current gear. Oddly enough this gets the same dead tank in around 4 seconds.

The two dps and I then go on to kill the remaining mobs. I didn't seem to have any problem keeping the rest of us alive.
    (30)
    Last edited by Pells; 10-05-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: More to the story.
    Oooh, shiney...

Player
    Character
    Vivian Nox
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    but u can always cast dots without the cleric stance
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    In Aery with a group of three ppl who were together, I was a SMN and had a BLM, SCH and WAR in with me....

The whole time I kept getting called out for not killing things fast enough completely ignoring the BLM casting blizzard and not using AOEs so I ignore that hate..
    After a couple wipes I was blamed for not killing th bomb fast enough at the second boss like dude I'm not the only dps here...BLM still casting blizzard on the boss -_-

Then last boss I was dreading it so sable price comes up on the healer I turn to break it alone as the BLM is afk well the healer dies, I raise her and this idiot says I'm not helping the group carry you SMN...mean while the BLM starts casting blizzard again...being the only dps is to dang hard lol I don't see how ppl do it XD
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Soralis View Post
    but u can always cast dots without the cleric stance
    It's a waste of mana at that point really though
    (13)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

Page 3 of 1734 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast