Gladiator Lv 60

EU Data Center (Chaos)

Nimbo Dias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 57
    EU Data Center (Chaos)
    "The Chaos data center recommended for European players will be transferred to a new location based in Europe"
    Scheduled to 19th of October

What about a new server?

If you look at Japan Data center it has 32 Servers;
    If you look at NA Data center it has(already taking into account the Chaos Transfer) 24 Servers;
    If you look at EU Data Center it has 8 servers.

At least give the EU players a couple more servers, with the transfer of the data center I am sure quite a few European NEW players will try out FFXIV, and as we are all aware the game is amazing, wich means if you try it out you'll end up playing it for a long time! Give them the opportunity to start on a fresh server instead of having to join a filled up one where they dont even have Plots to buy, where most statics are already set up, where the market is more than vicious, etc, etc, etc.

Europe needs more servers, Zodiark(PS4 server) is the most recent server Europe has and its over 1 and a half years old.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nimbo Dias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    (keep in mind that I'm talking about EUROPEAN servers only, I am quite aware that if we were talking about all the data centers in general making a new server is probably not necessary, then again the servers population topic and the debate about creating new servers is, of course, a vast topic)

With all that in mind I sincerly hope European players get at least 2 new servers, maybe 1 with the transfer around 19th of October and if it prooves necessary another one later on.

Above all enjoy the game : )
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Can I ask why you think new servers actually needed though? Yes there is a housing shortage across all servers, but that's only because of the number of plots compared to the numbers of players and adding new server(s) won't fix that (those plots on a new server would still be gone within the first few weeks, if it even takes that long. Small plots would probably go first day).

Also fresh/new players won't be able to afford housing any time soon and by the time they do, it'll be bought by existing players who transferred over. Not allowing transferring isn't really an option either, who wants to (knowingly) start on a server that's empty?

Although I personally have never left my server, from what I understand, most of the players are on a handful of "big" servers (by their choice) and the other servers are relatively empty/have a lot of capacity already and there's just no need for new servers (from an operational viewpoint). It'd just be more cost for SE to set them up and maintain them. They're probably also trying hard to keep the servers as minimal as possible since they can't do world merges as easily as they did in the past with FFXI and FF XIV 1.0 (since there is housing now, that won't "merge" as easily as just moving player data together).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nimbo Dias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    As I said before, Im not talking about all the servers in general. Im talking about the EU data Center that consists of 8 servers. NA has 24, Japan has 32, are you telling me that the entire Europe together has less people than NA or Japan? When Zodiark was released as a fresh server a lot of people Joined it and started fresh new accounts. Where is the fun about joining a server filled up with people that have done most content? If I was a new player I wouldnt like to join a server that is over a year old. Then again this is a very vast topic, nonetheless Europe cant be with only 8 servers, its almost impossible to create a new character in any of the European servers with the exception of Zodiark and sometimes even on Zodiark is quite difficult. All in all its not fair for European folks to only have 8 servers compared to NA and Japan.

You're from Sargatanas so you need to put urself in the shoes of somebody from Europe. Not from an NA data center.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Director_Zero View Post
    are you telling me that the entire Europe together has less people than NA or Japan?
    People who play the game? I have no idea... no one does, they don't publish those statistics, but I do know there are a lot of European players playing on NA designated servers (myself and everyone in my FC are some examples) and no amount of new servers will make us switch, even if they made it free, because even though it would be great for the improved latency, losing the housing and the rank 8 FC is too much of a price and I can't think we're the only people who think that. Also being on a server with an active population makes things a lot easier when trying to find a party or even duty finder.

Where is the fun about joining a server filled up with people that have done most content?
    I guess it depends on what you want, but personally I would prefer to join a server where it has an established player base who do everything and not just people who are levelling/doing no end game things because they're all new accounts. It also makes it a lot harder to setup things like Pony Farms if 99% of the players haven't even unlocked things, even if you rushed to it and have.

its almost impossible to create a new character in any of the European servers
    I have just tried right now (9.52pm UK time) and it's letting me create on Shiva, Odin, Zodiark and Lich. That's pretty good?

You're from Sargatanas so you need to put urself in the shoes of somebody from Europe. Not from an NA data center.
    Just to clarify, I am from the UK, in Europe, I just play on an NA designated server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nimbo Dias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Regarding Character Creation Restrictions:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...23e07acb3d22f6

Even Zodiark is closed as you can see.

If you think its good enough for Europeans to have 2 servers to choose from, because only 2 servers are open right now, sometimes its just 1, well its ur opinion. Mine's that Europe needs more servers. 8 servers is far froom good enough, plus if FFXIV wants to keep expanding their player database they will have to make more servers sooner or later anyway, this is just a good opportunity to do so.

You play on a legacy server, you're an old player. New players might not want to join that kind of elitism. We need to respect the new players as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Director_Zero; 10-02-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Regarding Character Creation Restrictions:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...23e07acb3d22f6

Even Zodiark is closed as you can see.
    I'm afraid that page is not live and it never has been. It is a snapshot at certain times of the day (it even says this at the top of the page):

This information will be updated at the following intervals:
    1:00/ 6:00/ 11:00 /15:00/ 20:00 (GMT)
    The only way to reliably check if a server is open is to literally try and create a character (and keep refreshing the in-game list every 3 minutes or try again later). Even the 3rd party websites that check the servers for you only parse that SE webpage so the information can be out of date less than a minute after they check/the page updates.

If you think its good enough for Europeans to have 2 servers to choose from, because only 2 servers are open right now, sometimes its just 1, well its ur opinion.
    Well yes, it is my opinion, but as long as *1* server is available for new players then surely that's that's all that matters? After all to a new player unless they have any idea about the specific servers/have a wish to join a specific one, what does it matter if there is 1 or 8 open? As long as there is an EU server available then they can join it and play the game.

If they want to join a specific server then that's another matter and it's when people want to do that we get the overcrowding on some servers, hence they aren't always available.

Mine's that Europe needs more servers. 8 servers is far froom good enough, plus if FFXIV wants to keep expanding their player database they will have to make more servers sooner or later anyway, this is just a good opportunity to do so.
    You argue that EU should have more servers because there is only 8, but so what? How many servers do you personally play on? Although the NA servers I play on apparently have 24 (I haven't counted, I'm just using your number) I play on just 1. I am sure there are people who play on multiple servers, but I think it's reasonable to assume that (given the time it takes) the majority of us play on just one server.

And what good is adding more servers without players to fill them? If the existing servers were coming up to capacity, they'd add more servers and probably offer transfers to those servers. Clearly they're not at capacity as they still allow new people to join, even if it is restricted/they prefer people to join the emptier servers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nimbo Dias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    You argue that EU should have more servers because there is only 8, but so what? How many servers do you personally play on? Although the NA servers I play on apparently have 24 (I haven't counted, I'm just using your number) I play on just 1. I am sure there are people who play on multiple servers, but I think it's reasonable to assume that (given the time it takes) the majority of us play on just one server.

And what good is adding more servers without players to fill them? If the existing servers were coming up to capacity, they'd add more servers and probably offer transfers to those servers. Clearly they're not at capacity as they still allow new people to join, even if it is restricted/they prefer people to join the emptier servers.
    You're beeing selfish. "European players can join 1 server and thats good enough" is it? Okay. I dont think so. There is something called equality, JP 32, NA 32-8=24, EU= 8 where's the equality here? Does NA deserve more servers? Does JP deserve more servers? I dont think so.

Then again this discussion is taking us nowhere, Im quite sure some people will agree with you, others will agree with me. I only created this post to try and give the future European new players more options. And I do honestly hope they get them. From a fair play POV its unfair for Europe to only have less than half of the servers of Japan and NA.

We cant argue about how many players from Europe play the game, but I can argue with you in demographics, Europe has around 742,5M , Japan 127M, NA 565M people. Having said that, I dont have anything else to add to this discussion other than hope for new European servers. Good Night
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Does NA deserve more servers? Does JP deserve more servers? I dont think so.
    Clearly I've offended you, I apologise. I wasn't trying to ask the question of if Europe deserves more servers, but rather if Europe actually needs more servers. 8, 24 and 32 are just numbers after all and we each only play on one server at a time. Does it really matter if NA has more servers than EU if there's still somewhere for EU players to play? Do you really want them to create 16 more EU servers just to balance the numbers out, even if that means those 16 servers will basically be a ghost town because there aren't the players to fill them?

We cant argue about how many players from Europe play the game, but I can argue with you in demographics, Europe has around 742,5M , Japan 127M, NA 565M people.
    Actual demographics don't really mean anything in this context though because number of people in a country/continent does not determine how many people actually play this game. While we're all human, our cultures in our countries are also very different and the game doesn't necessarily appeal to all people in all countries the same way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nimbo Dias
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    How much trouble can 1 new European server be?

If you compare work vs profit, profit will come on top.

Plenty of dead NA and JP servers, just fuse some of them together, and open up 1 in Europe to balance it out, because lets face it, European servers are pretty much at their limit in terms of population.

Im not asking for 16 more EU servers, Im asking for at least 1 new EU server. They should've actually released it when HW got released in my opinion.

There is plenty of people to fill up 1 new server, if we were talking about 16 new servers I'd obviasly agree with you.

Just 1.
    (0)
    Last edited by Director_Zero; 10-02-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast