Player
    Character
    Zazanther Rerenther
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltvoyance View Post
    Give it a try, see how it works =P I cant test that one unfortunately cause my SMN is only 50, so I dun even have Tri-Disaster ;^_^
    Yep, works nicely. Just have to have a wait between applying Tri and Con, so now I have room for her aoe on my main bar
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jim Berry
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadae View Post
    For whm I have the stones and aeros macroed with themselves going from 3 to 1 so it will cast the first stone or Aero I'm at the appropriate level for. And you can queue it as normal. Saves space and makes it MUCH less annoying when I have to do lower level dungeons.
    Nice... Never thought of that idea.
    (0)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    My post reduces more damage then parry does.
    {http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/}

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I think the main issue with macroing is that the ability to do so largely depends on the situation; There is a definite and notable difference between OGCDs on a macro and those that are not, but at the same time, doubling up on button space is -so nice-.

In all honesty, Square needs to streamline how combos work, or provide us with our own modular interface - Being able to cut down on the button bloat would keep the doubling up for necessity while freeing up other buttons for time sensitive OGCDs.

Back to the topic on hand

I can't think of any effective double-ups for Black Mage.

Machinist, assuming you don't have to silence something, you can put Gauss Round + Headgraze on the same one, and Ricochet Headshot on the other. Unless you need to silence someone, these are basically interchangeable OGCDs, even macro'd you can fit one between shots and two between instant shots.
    (0)

Character
    Eve Malqir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I've seen/heard of some dragoons doing a macro to combine Wheeling Thrust and Fang and Claw, since only one of them can ever be used at a time. I don't endorse GCD macros, since there's enough of a delay that it'll impact your output, but that IS one that'll save you space if you're that desperate for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kochie Monster
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    I know a blm that has all his thunders on one button starting at 3 then 2 then 1 so when going from astral fire to umbral ice the thunder cast while mp is filling will trigger highest pot thunder depending on current mana, and thunderclouds will always be thunder 3, but... sometimes i just wanna cast a thunder 2 due to shorter cast time so i don't do it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    BLM: all thunders on one button highest to lowest
    BRD: misery's end+bloodletter - though frankly stopped using that one but still used it for a long time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rox Unlimited
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZanther View Post
    Would there be a way to macro Tri-Disaster and Conflag together? If so, would be nice as I can move Garudias cone aoe to Conflags spot and use it more effectivly.
    Yes this works however, although the quite rare, if Garuda is not in the middle of a cast she will fire it off before the dots are added to the target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jun Isune
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
    BLM: all thunders on one button highest to lowest
    Personally I wouldn't do this, simply because if you're spamming the button you might end up casting a wrong Thunder spell. Say you intended to fire off a Thundercloud proc with Thunder III, yet you pressed the button a split second before GCD finished. In that case Thunder III will not fire, the macro however keeps executing and might fire Thunder II or Thunder instead if the GCD finished by the time the macro gets there. This is entirely possible the way macros are executed in FFXIV. Depening on how you play this might not be that much of an issue, but if you like to spam buttons like I do then you might misfire frequently.

The one thing I use.

BLM: Fire IV and Blizzard IV

Wonder why nobody mentioned that yet since I think it's pretty obvious. Both can only be fired during Enochian, which makes that one button something that stands out, plus these spells are mutually exclusive so the macro virtually cannot misfire. Well it can if you have significant lag while changing AF / UI phase and the macro is fired quickly enough during that lag, but I believe that happened to me exactly once since HW launch so chances are pretty low.

Also, all melee and ranged physical classes could macro pretty much every off-GCD attack action on one button, sorted by their priority. Yes this might misfire but in that case it's pretty neglectible since you generally want to fire all those abilities anyway. Keep more vital abilities out and you're good.
    (0)
    Last edited by Egnasya; 09-28-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sailysium Leingod
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltvoyance View Post
    A lot of us know that at times, fitting all your skills into the bar can be very difficult or even impossible; especially for controller players.
    If you're using a controller you shouldn't have many issues fitting your skills if you implement extended cross bars with L2+R2 (plus a cooldown hotbar off to the side). Personally I only really need to use doubling up macros for sch/smn anyway for managing pet abilities (more so with sch).

Not really a fan of doubling up on skills in general since, while in theory they seem to work, I normally end up in situation where the macro isn't useful on certain tactical interrupts in rotation. Though you mention we're excluding those situations when doubling I'm more comfortable activating them myself as I track the cooldowns.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast