Player
    Character
    Klarity Sincerity
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 46

Change monk "fists of ____" please.

Right now you pretty much put up fire and forget about them. It is rare that earth will save you from something that wont kill most of the other dps/heals anyway and wind doesn't make you run fast enough to make a difference in boss fights since the areas we fight in are small... also shoulder tackle.

I have seen a few suggestions I like and have some of my own...

Option 1: Our main AoE attack is earth and arm of the destroyer looks like it could be earth related. I think going with that theme it would make sense to give Fists of earth a damage bonus to our AoE, a TP reduction on our AoE or some combination of the two.

Then add a skill speed bonus to Wind. To balance this with Fire we would probably need some of our overall damage pulled back out of GL and put into Fire.

The idea here being Wind for getting GL up and Fire when you can keep it up. Then Earth for when you need aoe damage.

Option 2: Remove fire and add that damage back into GL or wherever is needed to keep our damage at the same place it is currently. This would leave us with being able to choose between Wind and Earth which is far better than our current options because the current option isn't really an option. Fire is best almost always.

Option 3: Remove fire and add that damage back like Option 2. Add "Fists of Water" with the effect of a small % snare and threat reduction.

Option 4: I saw someone else suggest this and it sounds great however for it to be balanced we would have to have some of our own damage nerfed and I don't like that but.. Change our Fists into group buffs related to what they do for us. Short duration buffs with a cooldown or permanent buffs. Pretty sure this would make monk required for raids and that isn't what should happen.

Option 5: Remove them all. I like the animations and the abilities sound cool but the majority of their use is when I am bored waiting on people to finish their cutscenes.

The Fists are not in any way game breaking but they are something that should be looked at. I am sure lots of people have lots of ideas on how to make these better... pretty much anything except fire all the time would be better imo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Wat. Have you stepped into Savage (or even Coil) or PvP? The 10% damage reduction is pretty significant when you're taking unavoidable damage in magnitudes of 5k or more. It's not killing dps regardless of now, but it's still pretty damn helpful to lessen the burden on your healers.

Mobility is also pretty important when avoid some mechanics during periods of time where you can't attack (or sprint for that matter) and especially in PvP where only ninja at the moment has a natural increase to movementl
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Stefan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceisNice View Post
    Wat. Have you stepped into Savage (or even Coil) or PvP? The 10% damage reduction is pretty significant when you're taking unavoidable damage in magnitudes of 5k or more. It's not killing dps regardless of now, but it's still pretty damn helpful to lessen the burden on your healers.

Mobility is also pretty important when avoid some mechanics during periods of time where you can't attack (or sprint for that matter) and especially in PvP where only ninja at the moment has a natural increase to movementl
    Have YOU stepped foot into savage? 5% damage is WAY more important than movement speed or damage reduction. Magnitudes of 5k or more? Try 8-12k raidwide damage. The thing is, if you need FoE to survive, you messed up somewhere. If you need FoW to do a mechanic, you need to just move faster. I see the point you're trying to make, but it's just wrong.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Isn't FoE for soloing, like Titan-egi, and not really meant to be useful in group content? And FoW is just for running around when not doing instances, just to get around faster. Not all skills have to be useful in all contexts. Just about every class has skills that aren't that useful 99% of the time in a PvE raid, trial, or dungeon setting. I mean, when's the last time you've seen Freeze used outside of PvP, or Sneak Attack in a 50+ dungeon/raid/trial, or Tri-bind, or the binding ninjitsu, or stone I when stone II is available, and the list goes on... useful skills in the right situations, sure, but those are few and far apart, and it doesn't break those classes to have rarely used skills.

Is MNK broken in some way? Is there some issue with the class that you think needs to be resolved? If so, then changing underused skills to correct that issue makes sense. If not, then why change those skills? If the class is balanced without the changes, then giving skills a buff means giving others a debuff to maintain balance. If there's a balance issue you're seeing, that's another story.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    Have YOU stepped foot into savage? 5% damage is WAY more important than movement speed or damage reduction. Magnitudes of 5k or more? Try 8-12k raidwide damage. The thing is, if you need FoE to survive, you messed up somewhere. If you need FoW to do a mechanic, you need to just move faster. I see the point you're trying to make, but it's just wrong.
    Because you can't attack the boss during the likes of landing phase or Phase 4 earthshakers in T13. Not to mention Fists are oGCD so you can swap it on the fly and mitigate a party-wide buster if given the chance. FoE is far from useless and FoW has it's application, which the OP seems to disagree on. If you can help the healers in one form or another without being detrimental to your own damage, there's no reason not to (and honestly if you're doing 5% less damage for 3 GCDs and that leads to a hard enrage, then dps as a whole needs to improve.) Especially if you're a progression group where it's more valuable to get through the fight mechanics (surviving preys, minimizing the needed outgoing heals) and see the enrage where you can then fine tune and improve dps.
    (7)
    Last edited by RiceisNice; 09-22-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sailysium Leingod
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Personally FoW is just for getting around slightly faster when not in a fight though if i noticed I took slightly longer than usual to start moving somewhere I do stance dance between Fire and Wind at that particular time (though rarely occurs). Tbh a disciplined Monk should be responsible enough to stance dance FoE for mitigating BIG unavoidable damage at downtime regardless if you'll survive without on top of popping mantra and working on chakra and FS (Ravana Ex w/vuln stacks on during big damage or A1S jumps are perfect examples). When I switch to a healer's perspective in raids it's a definite reminder of that when dealing with follow up damage and noticing dead dps who aren't disciplined with their B4B as another example. All other uptime/cases belong to Fire 100%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sailysium; 09-23-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rauban Daz
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60

Actually Ninja does not have increased movement speed in pvp if they have Kiss of wasp or Kiss of the viper activated.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Stefan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    snip .
    One person taking 10% less damage during an aoe is not "helping the healers"...They are going to AOE heal you anyway. I'm in a progression group (Nearly done A4S) and I can tell you that not once has our monk changed his fist. It's the healers job to heal, the monks job to dps. They don't need help, but the boss does need to die. There is not a single mechanic that monk should be doing in the current content that your suggestion is useful.
    (3)
    Last edited by Renault; 09-23-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Professor Moon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    It's really silly how everyone wants every skill to have use in a raid. Lol.

Let's change Haymaker and one ilm punch too
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhaja Foxtail
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Don't need to change One Ilm Punch, just let it actually be used >__>. I was amazed you could use it on the final boss in SV HM, and haven't really used it since =\
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast