Player
    Character
    Vraelia Valkyria
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80

Black List

Can we please for the love of God, have more than 200 on a blacklist? Upon RMTs and people that you want to be on there, there is not enough room. We literally need more than the 200 limit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delphor Pierce
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    There's no use putting RMTers on the blacklist, since there's always a new one that'll come along to spam you with Gil-selling /tells. It's better reserved for people you genuinely want to blacklist, and that you set your status to busy. The only downside to this is that you can't receive /tells from people on your friends list, which is dumb if you ask me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    200 might work if we had a simpler way of deleting the top (oldest) 100 or so whenever we need more room. Having to do it one by one is just such a chore. If we had twice the space, it'd still fill up and we'd be trying to one by one delete 200 of our 400 names. Twice as laborious half as often is pretty much a wash.

I wish we could just select a whole bunch of names and delete them all at once. (We also need a notes or category field, so we can remember which ones were obnoxious players as opposed to RMT, so we can leave those on there when clearing out the old RMT names.)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Techno Techie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    200 might work if we had a simpler way of deleting the top (oldest) 100 or so whenever we need more room. Having to do it one by one is just such a chore. If we had twice the space, it'd still fill up and we'd be trying to one by one delete 200 of our 400 names. Twice as laborious half as often is pretty much a wash.

I wish we could just select a whole bunch of names and delete them all at once. (We also need a notes or category field, so we can remember which ones were obnoxious players as opposed to RMT, so we can leave those on there when clearing out the old RMT names.)
    this completely. I think 195 of my blacklist slots are taken up by RMTs at any one time. And then I need to spend at least an hour deleting old ones off, so I can add new ones to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    There's no use putting RMTers on the blacklist, since there's always a new one that'll come along to spam you with Gil-selling /tells. It's better reserved for people you genuinely want to blacklist, and that you set your status to busy. The only downside to this is that you can't receive /tells from people on your friends list, which is dumb if you ask me.
    Too bad the GMs still advise you to put RMTs on the blacklist.
    (2)

Character
    Rivenblack Balemourn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I agree. More blacklist space, and more robust options. Also, remove the ridiculous limitations like not being able to blacklist in a dungeon (Usually where it is most needed!)

Some ideas:

1: Infinite Black List: Store Black list data locally, allowing for as large a b list fle as the user is comfortable with.

2: Robust Black List: Allow (With toggle options) a more robust black list experience with options to have blacklisted player's alts blacklisted as well, along with people in their FC and their Friends List. If I dont want to talk to one person, I dont want to talk to their associates and friends either. Allow cross server blacklists.

3: Robust Black List 2: Allow (With toggle) Blacklisted players (Includng those above.) to be made invisible in game, as well as render their auctions invisible. I do not want to see or support anyone I black list. Extend this to not allowing them to cast a spell on you and vice versa. Essentially let black list erase a person and all of their associates, if I so choose, from my gaming experience completely and totally. Extend this to party finder (I cannot see parties containing or started by black listed members.) and Duty Finder (Do not allow us to be grouped with DF groups that contain ignored players (No, it would not adversely effect que times as other MMOs prove.).

Make blacklist HURT. Make being blacklisted somthing people will want to avoid.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shirobi; 09-25-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Character
    Rivenblack Balemourn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Unless that player had been deleted, why would you ever consider removing them from your blist?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirobi View Post
    Unless that player had been deleted, why would you ever consider removing them from your blist?
    If it's filled with RMT spammers (rather than legitimate players you just don't like), then they're going to be banned in a few weeks to a month or two. There's no need for them to remain on there longer than that. I might (and do) wish SE was quicker about banning them, but it does happen eventually. So deleting the oldest entries (if they're RMT) doesn't matter because they're generally gone anyway, so it's a fairly safe way to free up space (just a tedious one).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'yuuki Nekohmi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Sweet god I can't give this thread enough likes.

I report EVERY spam tell that I receive (with a full quote of the message). Every. Single. One. I honestly don't even think they have chat filters in place because I get the same couple of messages constantly; despite the mass amount of reports I file.

I just re-hit my Blacklist cap after going through the painstaking process of cleaning the entire thing out recently and the spam is STILL coming. I swear to god SE if your RMT/Bot team can't be more efficient then give us unlimited lists.

I refuse to recommend FFXIV to anyone because the RMT spam is so bad and the tools we have to help SE combat it are non-existent.

I don't want to have to resort to putting myself back into "Busy" status. If I do then SE is taking the social out of the MMO and there is no fun in that. It almost feels like they're forcing us to seek out 3rd Party Chat Filter blocking options.

The RMT spam rage is real. >_<

Shame on you SE. Shame on you.
    (2)
    Last edited by Syrehn; 09-26-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirobi View Post
    ... as well as render their auctions invisible. I do not want to see or support anyone I black list. ... Duty Finder (Do not allow us to be grouped with DF groups that contain ignored players (No, it would not adversely effect que times as other MMOs prove.).

1) I never even thought about the MB effect. Nice call. I support this.

2) The first time I black listed someone I actually knew and no longer WISHED to know, it made me RAGE when they ended up in a DF with me. I was like, "Ummm wtf?!" "I have blacklisted this guy and yet now, now I have to help him with this RUN?!" *Left dungeon and took 30 minute penalty. No Fs given*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    When it comes to RMT/Gilsellers I would like a 'Report player' option rather than the 'Add to blacklist' option
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast