Player
    Character
    King Jak
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 65

Upcoming Server Move / Character Transfer Questions

My wife and I are currently in a 2 person free company of our own making on Ragnarok. Since this server cluster is moving to Europe, we may experience higher latencies than previously and as such we are looking into moving to another server. The only reason we are on this particular server in the first place is that it was one of the ones that were available to freely transfer to during the ARR beta. All of the servers listed for said transfer, however, were either listed as Japan or NA/EU. We were unlucky enough to have our server be the one that happened to get selected for the Europeans. We understand that the Europeans need their own sever cluster (or clusters), we are not contesting this. We simply had several questions regarding the process before we undertake any kind of server move.

1. We underwent the bonding ceremony in the game (platinum package). If we both transfer servers, do we keep our rings (and all other associated items) and do they continue to function? Would she keep her dresses and the chocobo?

2. Are we just screwed as far as the free company goes? We have a house on a small plot and most servers have no plots of any size available. We both bought our own rooms and I purchased the company workshop. I assume our company, house, and investments in the property are simply gone. Is this going to be the case? The entire free company would be moving. It would sure be nice if we could get refunded for our investments or have the company assets moved, as this server move is something that was not under our control.

3. Are we going to be held to the same normal transfer restrictions as a usual server transfer? Monetary limitations, etc.

4. Does everything in the Armoire chest move over with our characters?

5. Do we keep our non-gil currency and affiliations? (i.e. seals, MGP, etc. and beast reputation/grand company affiliations and ranks)

6. Can we put in our server transfer in a way that we both are certain to get onto the new server together? There is no point in playing the game at all if we can't play together.

7. As our first couple of retainers are from v1.0 it says that we will need to rehire them. If we transfer and then rehire them, do they retain their levels and inventories? Or will they be like new retainers, completely empty?

Any light you can shed on these questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Jak
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 65
    We went ahead and did the server move early as we were concerned that waiting until the freebie might give us some problems. Here is what we found out in case anyone else had the same questions:

1. As we both moved to the same server, the ring and all bonding items still function properly!

2. Unknown, we moved early so we were placed under the normal restrictions.

3. See above.

4. As far as I can tell ALL of my items from my armoire are still there.

5. ALL non-gil currencies moved over just fine. We also kept our GC rank and beast faction rep.

6. Unknown, we moved early, but didn't have any issues transferring to the same server.

7. We did not have to rehire retainers as we transferred them to 2.0 when ARR went live.
    (0)
    Last edited by KingJak; 09-24-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Incomplete