Player
    Character
    Gary Reason
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60

Constantly Crashing my PC

This just started happening today. I have been playing incident free for weeks. I will launch the game, play for about 20-30 minutes, and then start experiencing issues. Sound, music in particular, will cut out. Then graphical issues like mobs not showing up or character animations not happening at all despite the damage being done. In addition to that, windows I open simply will not appear, but I can hear the sound of the window opening and closing. If I try and reload my ui, the game drops to about 3 FPS and then crashes my machine, forcing a hard reset. If I don't reload UI, the game eventually becomes unplayable anyway, and I have to hard reset my machine.

I have googled this and tried a number of fixes. I searched here and on reddit and found similar problems and not much in the way of solutions. I reinstalled FFXIV, I completely reinstalled my GPU drivers, I updated to direct x 11 and changed the setting in game to direct x 11 support. Nothing is seeming to fix this.

My graphics card is almost 5 years old, its a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 . My CPU is an i5-2700k. I have 8 gb of decent RAM. Again, never had an issue until today. I tried playing with settings super low, and in all different modes, nothing helped.
    I know others have had issues with freezing/crashing, is there any solution out there that I haven't tried yet? Is it just time for some new hardware? Getting pretty frustrating. Thanks for any help you guys might have. I searched a while, didn't find anything that I hadn't already tried.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zahara Valefor
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    What OS (ver, etc) are you using? What mobo chipset is your system? Chipset drivers up to date? What sound setup are you using (mobo chipset/separate soundcard, etc)? Powersupply rating vs Power usage ok? All the same it might be time to update GPU/other hardware..... ‽
    (0)
    Last edited by Zahara; 12-02-2015 at 08:04 AM.