Player
    Character
    Shuu Naranol
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Targeting.

Cycle through enemies - nearest to farthest, and farthest to nearest. In short: Tab and Shift+Tab.

This is an excellent thing to have, and by default it's configured to an excellent key as well. But what I can't wrap my head around is why does it target enemies that are way out of range??? Seriously. Why does the system allow me to target something that I won't be able to attack anyway? In some dungeons (and in quite a few open-world scenarios as well), it's a nightmare. In some dungeons, there are aetheric barriers or any such, and lo' and behold, the targeting works perfectly well, as it should, not going for enemies I can't do anything with.

Can we please have it work the same way, in general, everywhere, without aetheric barriers? Ignoring out-of-range enemies? I don't even know why this doesn't still work like that, by default, with 3.1 being just around the corner.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    What aethereal barriers are you talking about? Dungeons have walls and floors and other objects which prevent you from seeing enemies beyond theme on screen. Thus you can not target them. Adjust your camera so enemies no longer appear on screen if you can.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shuu Naranol
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    What aethereal barriers are you talking about? Dungeons have walls and floors and other objects which prevent you from seeing enemies beyond theme on screen. Thus you can not target them. Adjust your camera so enemies no longer appear on screen if you can.
    Uh-huh, go do Tam-Tara NM for example (mostly for the barrier, the mob just before the last boss). Or Sastasha NM for haywire targeting (the area before the first boss) or even Neverreap. Just the two most prominent examples.

Yes, the camera can be adjusted... I mean it's totally not an added inconvenience when you can't even see which direction you're facing in the middle of a mob while having to position attacks and at the same time also dodge AOEs and make sure nobody's getting anything they're not supposed to (aggro, debuffs, etc)... all that on top of perpetual lag which can very easily ensure you're just that fragment of a moment late with an action so whatever bad was about to happen - does happen.
    Instead of, y'know, having a proper targeting system that doesn't cycle to mobs halfway across the map or to mobs out of range at all, or that simply defaults to cycling through the current enemy list (at least, if not actually turning the character to face those too) when you already have multiple enemies attacking you.
    Sorry if I'm being very specific, but just tried to pick up WAR again and to me, these additional details really make it maddening. But yeah, the targeting system as a whole could do with these facelifts, regardless of my personal issues.
    (1)
    Last edited by BreathlessTao; 10-21-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: REMOVE THE BLOODY CHARACTER LIMIT ALREADY, IT'S INFURIATING THAT I CAN'T WRITE A PROPER POST ON A GODSDAMNED FORUM.

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Targeting is a nightmare on PS4 I was in the Gobwalker in A2 and for the love of God I couldn't target the bombs twice causing them to blow up on everyone but it was really frustrating...when tanking sometimes one mob may try to stray and low and behold I can't target it cycling through forcing me to use aoe Emity instead of simply provoking or just hitting that enemy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sophocles Rex
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    For your a2 bomb problem, hold L1 then press up and down on the d-pad. Problem solved.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomine1992 View Post
    Targeting is a nightmare on PS4 I was in the Gobwalker in A2 and for the love of God I couldn't target the bombs twice causing them to blow up on everyone but it was really frustrating...when tanking sometimes one mob may try to stray and low and behold I can't target it cycling through forcing me to use aoe Emity instead of simply provoking or just hitting that enemy
    Fortunately, that is pretty much the only place I can think of that has 10 mobs to cycle through when you want to find one specific target in less than five seconds.
    (0)