Rygart Sawamura
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    If you like lot button go for drg and smn
    if you dont like lot button go for mnk, nin, blm and brd
    (0)

Make no mistake. I'm not you alliances. I'm here cause I just do what I felt is right thing to do.

Player
    Character
    Drakeos Shadowbane
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    NIN has alot of buttons though
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Destinova Trueblade
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    If you like standing still while blasting away, BLM fits the bill since that's pretty much their play style. Though since you still have to dodge aoes, you'll have to learn to maintaining your dps while moving to be good at the job.
    Or do Bard, their much shorter cast time makes them more mobile for the times that you do have to move (which is quite often), damage isn't as good as most, but their utilities make up for that. While they do have a good number of ogcd to weave, they dont have many gcds to worry about. (In fact, with Iron Jaws, refreshing your 2 dots is now 1 button!)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lanfear Sessurea
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Whatever you do don't level BLM if you want an easy class. ppl are on crack.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Fara Venator
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Summoner or bard
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Viviza Viza
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    To play at an adequate level, I'd probably say bard, machinist, ninja, and summoner, in that order. These jobs require the least amount of movement, positional attacks, and fussing with timers.

Black Mage is easy until expansion content but then goes crazy with the inclusion of enochian. Dragoon has always had a pretty intricate combo system and lots of off-global abilities to weave in. Monk has to continually be moving to keep hitting positional attacks.

Doing top-tier damage is another question entirely. All DPS jobs are difficult to perform at their absolute best. It takes a lot of practice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Atiqa Craiger
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Like you can see from the comments, asking what "which is the easiest DPS job?", will give you lots of different answers...

It depends on what you consider to be easy, and what you're more willing to learn. Personally I like more simple static rotations, and rather have more challenge when it comes to movement etc.

For example, I main MNK, and I think they are one of the easiest jobs to play currently, but many would disagree. MNK have a very simple rotation with very few abilities that you actually use. The challenge with MNK, is to always stand at the right position to get the full damage (when possible), and hardest of all, keeping up the greased lightning buff at all times possible. You have to know the fights you're doing very well, to get the most out of MNK.

You then have a job like SMN, which is ranged, can move around a lot(most skills can be used while running), and overall just doesn't have to deal with anything like MNK have to do with always having to move or keeping up some buff or something... But, SMN has a lot to keep track of, and you also have a pet to manage too. To get the most out of SMN, you have to be very aware and be able to quickly determine the next ability to use. It's not as straight-forward as MNK's rotation.

So you have to decide/find out, if you think heavy management of skills, or heavy movement/mechanics based jobs are for you.

Those 2 are the extremes of both ends though. NIN is melee, but they barely have any requirements for position, or anything really hard to keep up during fights... they have more skills to manage etc though. EDIT: to clarify, NIN isn't as heavy on skill management as SMN. They are more in the middle of being a movement/mechanics based job, and being a skill management job. Think of it like there being a scale 1 to 10, and NIN being a 5

BLM is another job that has an easy rotation, which is pretty static, and the challenging part is to do that rotation, while dodging mechanics. You have to plan ahead, so that you move as little as possible, and to keep up Enochian, like others have mentioned. Haven't personally played BLM at 60 yet, but I would say that BLM is harder to play than MNK for example.

Without going on too long, I'm just gonna say that, BRD probably is the easiest to play at the moment... Just like they were in 2.0, but the difference is that you can't be braindead and still do a decent job this time. Overall, all jobs are hard to play in one way or another, and it's simply what you are good at, that determines what you think is the easiest.
    (4)
    Last edited by Craiger; 09-06-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Neku Suzumiya
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    Thank a lot guys for the information, really! I feel like I'm leaning towards NIN but my only concern about them is I hear that they are very squishy, like they die very easily. Is that true?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Well all dps class are going to require you to move out of AoE. Ninja isn't anymore or any less squishy than any other if you dodge. Best suggest is level all your dps to 36ish and see what you like. This will also unlock all the cross class skills you'll need for dpsing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dyvid; 09-07-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deshawn Thompson
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 45
    Quote Originally Posted by megaflare13 View Post
    Thank a lot guys for the information, really! I feel like I'm leaning towards NIN but my only concern about them is I hear that they are very squishy, like they die very easily. Is that true?
    NIN has abilities that can keep you from getting hit and it has some self healing abilities. Also in dungeons you shouldn't be getting hit too much anyways.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast