Thread: DX11 Issue

Player
    Character
    Faer Row
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 41
    I've tried everything I can scrounge up and this happens to me on a desktop with an R9 380. Uninstalled all programs that put an overlay over the game, underclocked my GPU, turned reflections and other settings up and down, played in windowed and fullscreen and every time the game will cause the video drivers to hard crash and require a reboot. No issues at all with DX9.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fudo Myoo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Still having problem with DX11, using a Sapphire R9 285 OC single card. No issues at all with DX9
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Limit Break
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Yep, same, completely unreliable in DX11, which is unfortunate since it did actually run more smoothly on my system aside from the crashes.
    (1)

Player

Hi I'm also affected by this problem.
    My Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 955
    16 GB RAM
    Gigabyte R9 380X Gaming G1
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest Patch level)

It's happening with latest and all prior available Windows 10 Drivers.
    Only Message in the eventlog:

The displaydriver "amdkmdap" stopped working and was recovered.

Is there any possibility for providing more information? Debug flags, logs or anything else?
    (0)

Player

There are a few programs you can use to check logs, I use WhoCrashed to give me a crash dump when I restart.

I believe I finally fixed my problem, it's been 2 weeks now with no crashes.
    My specs:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Intel i5-4690K
    Windows 10

I used DDU from guru3d to uninstall everything related to my display driver. Follow all the instructions including restarting into safe mode, and then do a clean install of your driver. This will get rid of any registry files that can conflict with your current driver, causing it to crash under areas of stress[that's what happened to me every time I went to Limsa, certain parts of the Sea of Clouds and the Aetherochemical Research Facility].

I don't have AMD but if you have any kind of software you can use to regulate your fans to keep the temperature down, that's the other thing I've been doing. I have Nvidia so I use Precision to keep temperatures at 70 or lower just to make sure overheating isn't an issue.

Hope this helps someone.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jenity Dionysus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    My friends and I are also having crashing issues with the DX11 client. Has there been any official word on this issue? It seems very widespread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psycho Bunny
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Same problem here even bought a $120 power supply as someone said that might be the issue. I'll be playing and then boom, computer acts like it went to sleep. The BGM keeps playing, but monitor turns off. I can even remote desktop into it but I only see a black screen. Even if I try Steam Streaming to stream it to my laptop it connects after the crash, all audio outputs to my LAPTOP but the screen is black! So it's really the video card crapping out it sounds like. GTX 970 here, i5-4690k and Win 10.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rufus Wightman
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    See, I'm also having a problem with my MSI R9 380 on DX11. I just barely installed the card, and yet when I play on DX11 I get the same old error message, of DirectX encountering a fatal error with the code 1100002. My drivers of course crash and reboot. And this happens either as soon as I log on on DX11, or up to 30 minutes' worth of playing. I also tried to underclock my GPU to see if it'd make a difference, but no. So I started playing on DX9. And sure, there's a dip in graphics, as well as performance I feel, but at least the crashes stopped.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Terry Mckinney
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    yea apparently amd is ignoring this issue not one single representative for amd had acknowledged this issue and it had been ongoing for over a year.i have this problem as well with my msi 380 .it doesn't just affect this game but other dx11 games as well completely unstable drivers
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Domini Palazzo
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 34
    A fatal directx error has occurred. (11000002)
    Gigabyte R9 285 oc (without OC)
    Borderless Windowed mode in FFXIV. Also checked Fullscreen without v-sync.
    Using Crimson 16.3 - removed previously drivers with DDU.
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast