Character
    Rydia Azran
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60

Hotbar/Crossbar on the PS3

Hey there FFXIV Forums!

I have a question that I've failed to find an answer concerning the hotbar. I'm currently playing the game on PS3 and I've gotten to the point where I want to optimize my crossbar.

My question is, is it possible to set up a hotbar above my crossbar (on the ps3) to have as a place to remind me of long cooldowns like Blood for Blood, Perfect Balance, Invigorate, etc?

If there is I would love to know how and would appreciate the help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    V'iuji Za'xary
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Hey

I know you can on the PS4 as I have exactly what you describe setup. Not sure on the PS3, but if you can it's done through the HUD setup screen. Tried to find some more info for you too and failed
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kakashi Hatake
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    First off, I cant help myself. You should get a ps4, you will thank yourself and the game looks great xD.

That said, like the above poster mentioned, go into your system HUD settings on the menu. You can then select one of the greyed out hotbars you see on the screen here. I like to use the vertical ones.

Activate that hotbar and you can now place skills with timers and procs on this vertical bar so, when you need to press them on the crossbar, you can see if they proc'd or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rydia Azran
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Hey, thanks for the replies! Attempted to do what was suggested but it seems that the option is lacking on the PS3, guess I have another reason to upgrade to the PS4 lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    You can't add standard horizontal and vertical hotbars to the PS3 version. So no you can not do what your asking.
    (0)