Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70

Need more storage/inventory options

With the new expansion and trying to level all my previous 50 jobs to 60, and crafting, etc, I am completely out of space.

I thought to myself recently that maybe I should just suck it up and pay for another retainer. But then I stopped and thought - why should I have to pay extra to fix something that's broken?

I know this issue has been discussed and vague answers given, but something really needs to be done about this ASAP. An extra free retainer would be an acceptable solution. An extra retainer Tab would also be fine.

Just anything, please, I'm drowning in items.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    There's a lot of things that could help their inventory issues: A glamour log, a tackle box, moving all the currency-like trading tokens to the currency tab, etc. They should also have expanded the armoury chest when they added additional jobs.

Shortly before 3.0 came out, Yoshi-P acknowledged that they were aware inventory was becoming a major issue and needed to be fixed, but that since it was going to take them a while to fix it, they'd offer additional retainers in the interim. Then it turned out that they didn't offer additional retainers with the game (or even with purchase of the expansion), but only the option to purchase more extra retainers than we previously could. That's kind of a low blow when it's a substitute for fixing acknowledged issues in the game. We should have gotten at least the 3rd and maybe the 4th retainer as standard (with extra purchases for the 5th and 6th), or, as you said, additional space with each existing retainer.

And then they should still go back to working on the more significant fixes mentioned above (glamour, tackle, currency, etc.) that make inventory itself more functional.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Then it turned out that they didn't offer additional retainers with the game (or even with purchase of the expansion), but only the option to purchase more extra retainers than we previously could.
    Wow I didn't realize they did that. Still doesn't change the fact that they want users to pay to temporarily fix a major issue in the game. We already pay a substantial subscription fee - adequate inventory should be included. This is the kind of problem that starts occurring the moment you open any kind of cash shop. I'm fairly disgusted that SE has chosen to push people towards an additional purchase as a "solution".
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Krazy Kat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    disciple of hand/land and disciple of war/magic just in separate tabs is all i would need really
    having everything at 50/60 really overloads the weapon/ring tabs
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jalena Windwalker
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I would think that further extension of the armoury would alleviate a few problems as well to be fair, if we could store our older glams etc in there that would be so darn nice I can't even begin to describe!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Techno Techie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    I wouldn't mind a separate glamour system like what Guild Wars 2 has. After you've acquired a piece of gear in that game, you "unlock" the glamour for it so that you can apply it to other items, and you no longer have to keep the item around.

If FFXIV had a simlar system, I could imagine that once you apply the model glamour, you dye the item separately. Heck, turn the armoire into this kind of thing. I'm sure that would save tons of inventory space.
    (4)

Character
    Rivenblack Balemourn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoTechie View Post
    I wouldn't mind a separate glamour system like what Guild Wars 2 has. After you've acquired a piece of gear in that game, you "unlock" the glamour for it so that you can apply it to other items, and you no longer have to keep the item around.

If FFXIV had a simlar system, I could imagine that once you apply the model glamour, you dye the item separately. Heck, turn the armoire into this kind of thing. I'm sure that would save tons of inventory space.
    Took the words right out of my mouth!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoTechie View Post

That would be interesting, But I think more atorage in the Armory chest is still a necessity ever after that (Level all the Jobs and Classes (A total of 24) and you'll find that there would only be one extra slot left, Meaning that that tab alone, assuming every job is maxed, only has a content cycle left before you need to use Inventory space)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zana Jawantall
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I would like the ability to search in inventory.
    (0)