Character
    Smitten Kitten
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80

Request: Forum Account Termination

Login Name: Renor

So, I got the following message in my email this morning. I contacted support as it suggested at the bottom, but they informed me that there was no way that they could appeal this decision because the forum is run by the forum administrators and they didn’t have any contact information. They suggested that I get a friend to post my appeal for me on the official forums, so that is what I am presently doing.

Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that we have terminated your access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Agreement that occurred on 9/1/2015. Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Agreement.

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines:
    *Use of inappropriate or aggressive language.
    *Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.
    *Posting that constitutes discrimination against another forum member or group (also including forming groups for the purpose of discrimination), insults, slander, libel, harassment of a group or individual.

Based on the actions in this most recent incident and any prior record on the service account, we have terminated your access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum in accordance with the FINAL FANTASY XIV Agreement.

For information on prohibited activities in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum, please refer to the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, FINAL FANTASY XIV Agreement, and the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines.

As your access has been terminated due to a violation, you will be unable access the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum by creating another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account.

NOTE:

If you suspect the violation resulted from unauthorized access to the account or the actions of an unauthorized third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or if there are other points you wish to clarify, please review the following information on the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5383&la=2&kid=57402

This message has been sent to you for notification purposes only, and we are unable to address further inquires via replies to this email. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com/

-SQUARE ENIX Account Administrator

Apparently I had received multiple warnings, but this is a first time offense as far as I know within a significant amount of time, and no warnings were received before the termination of my account. The only other time I can recall having a run-in with the forum staff was during the closed beta of ARR which was several years ago, now I agree that my behavior was inappropriate in this instance, but I feel that a permanent suspension is a little heavy handed (no warnings were given to cease and desist). I’d like to take steps towards amending things, and if possible appealing my permanent ban.
    (0)
    Last edited by KittenMittens; 09-02-2015 at 07:57 AM.