Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Claudia Sinclair
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Thank you very much for the preliminary translation, Reinheart! I am (tentatively) glad to hear that the dye system will be less restrictive and offer more color choices in the foreseeable future.

Though now I am wondering if I should bother with getting a new set of "optimal" gear and customizing it with materia now. I'd hate to go through the trouble and expense only to have to do it again once my gear is released in a color I actually like. Ah well, 1.20 is probably at least a couple months away, so maybe I'll just attach a few materia but not go all out.

Personally, I find customization to be very important, so the new color system was one of the biggest issues for me with 1.19. I realize that people care about different things, but I hope those that do not care about color and customization can at least try and understand that a significant number of your fellow players do find these things very important.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    Though now I am wondering if I should bother with getting a new set of "optimal" gear and customizing it with materia now. I'd hate to go through the trouble and expense only to have to do it again once my gear is released in a color I actually like. Ah well, 1.20 is probably at least a couple months away, so maybe I'll just attach a few materia but not go all out.
    That is an interesting thought, it would be a pain to optimise your gear only to lose it when applying a new dye.

I really hope this isn't the case, I guess I'd have to opt for not dying it though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rilfid Gallen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    The PL thing does not effect me in the slightest. I can PL someone, not PL someone, or get PL'd or not get PL'd, it's my choice as of now. I can't make someone the gear in the color they'd like, or I can't make gear for myself in the color I'd like that directly affects me more. I don't care what other people do, I care about what I can do.
    ITT: People want cosmetic options over gameplay balance first.

Everyone's entitled to there opinion, but it's mine that unbalanced gameplay elements should be fixed before cosmetic fluff is added.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    The PL thing does not effect me in the slightest. I can PL someone, not PL someone, or get PL'd or not get PL'd, it's my choice as of now. I can't make someone the gear in the color they'd like, or I can't make gear for myself in the color I'd like that directly affects me more. I don't care what other people do, I care about what I can do.
    It's certainly nice that you can shut yourself out from the society you are a part of and disregard it completely. However, the rest of us don't live in a bubble. The way leveling (or any other part of the game) is seen in the eyes of the society reflects on our views about it as well. This is only natural.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rikerz Ronin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 20
    I think the new dye system is cool and adds a neat way to customize gear outside of materia. Furthermore, many people will have multiple copies of the same gear dyed different colors for different classes, increasing consumption and the volume of items moving in the market. This increase in volume is a good thing for the economy and inflation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deminia Brellenwind
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Copy/Paste from my translation thread on YoshiP's post regarding this one

Pretty sure people gonna be happy about this one once it's out
    I know I am.
    Thank you for the translation Reinheart! And phew - I am glad they are changing this. It sounds very much like they will not only be changing it, but also adding more color variations. /applauds loudly
    (0)

Player

This was a stupid change - people are accustomed to choosing their dye colors.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    All they really needed to do was add this small bit of info about future changes to colored gear and wouldn't of have all region rise up with thread about this one. At least it's coming... hopefully by 1.20
    (0)

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay in getting this to you all, but I hope that the response from Yoshida on this very hot topic will help to alleviate your concerns going forward. Take a look -

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    This is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I’m sorry that this post is late and I apologize for writing another long post.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by an item’s color affecting its stats in the new recipes. I have read all of your feedback and I would like to speak about the future of colors and their effect on stats.

The fundamental idea behind colors in FFXIV was to create differences in stats for gear. We wanted to separate gear, which was limited in number, into higher and lower tiers. However, we would like to alter this foundation of gear to:

・Color is for individuality
    ・Shape represents strength

However, we were unable to bring our data up to speed with this new model, which is the reason for our problems now.

Although I informed the team about the new specs earlier, I am the one who gave the go ahead, so I am responsible for the error in planning.
    I apologize for my mistake.
    (Also, I have come across some posts that suggest that certain developers have been responsible for specific developments, but this is false, and the developers aren’t even correct. Please keep this in mind.)

We would like to adjust the specs based on everybody’s feedback, but please take a look at the following first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The reason that I have avoided speaking in detail about colors is because the spec for creating color variations has been performed simply through texture changes. I have mentioned this in a different thread, but I would like to have 24 or 32 colors available for use on any gear item. I would like to accommodate the demands of all players; players who would like to wear all red, players who would like to wear all black, and players who want to have a different color for each piece of gear equipped.

However, if we create all of these colors using texture only, whether on the PS3 version or on a low spec PC, we would face some serious technical problems. Thus, we would like to make adjustments to the item data files themselves.

This is a bit technical, but we will perform color changes by changing the material color and separating the dyed colors from memory. We were able to confirm this with QA recently. Once this has been finished, players will be able to dye their gear in any color. Using the recipe “finished product + dye,” players will be able to freely change color variations as many times as they want.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reasons that we have encountered our current problems are:

・The color variations currently set up for each gear item are not uniform
    ・The colors have been prepared using textures, so more colors cannot be prepared
    ・In terms of data, the same items with different colors are treated as different items, so it is difficult to add additional colors
    ・Eventually, gear stats and color will be re-implemented as unrelated entities (data will be eased through a Color ID system)
    ・We wanted to allow crafters to create items with different stats by altering similar recipes

Our biggest mistakes were implementing colored items although the colors were not uniform and mixing colors with the concept of allowing crafters to create similar items with different stats. We should have spent more time developing these specs, and I apologize for the mistakes.

There are 2 ways we can fix our mistakes.

1. Add recipes for “Finished product + Dye” and add items for each additional color
    ⇒This is a temporary solution, but color and stats will be clearly separated
    ⇒The only problem is that it will take a long time to add all of the items

2. Remove class restrictions for colored gear until the Color ID system is ready
    ⇒The number of items will not increase greatly, so this could be implemented more quickly
    ⇒Stats will have to be sacrificed for color choices (this can be balanced by Materia)

We are considering the costs of the above two solutions.

Personally, I prefer the 1st solution, but it would be implemented with patch 1.20 in this best case scenario, so at least until then, the current situation will continue.
    (This will also negatively affect our ability to add other content and recipes)
    The 2nd solution cannot be implemented in time for patch 1.19a, but it can be implemented soon after.
    (We are looking into the cost of this solution as well)

We are sorry that we will continue to inconvenience you, but we will do our best to handle this issue as quickly as possible. Information will be posted as soon as decisions are made.

Please continue to submit your feedback!
    (112)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    The Cyclops
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 44
    Thanks Bayhone!

To Yoshi-P and all developers: no apology is necessary at this time for anything at all. You're doing a fantastic job on an incredibly complex project and deserve many kudos and thanks from all the players here. The scorn that you see in the forums sometimes is mis-directed in my opinion. You should feel proud of all the great work you've done to get this game ship-shape!

Cheers
    The Cyclops
    (29)

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast