Player
    Character
    Siyenna Myst
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 34

Account/login restrictions when using 2 different machines/IP addresses: idea

Good evening!
    I hope this is the right forum to post this in (I am new to the forums and relatively new to the game).
    First of all I would like to say that I am very impressed by FFXIV and that it is nice that the team is so responsive to users.
    To the issue at hand: I move between 2 different homes all the time, and thus use 2 different devices (laptop and a PC) and different IP addresses to connect to FFXIV.
    Unfortunately, this always causes the system to restrict my account and logins, and causes me to have to reset my password every time.

I am aware of the SE security token and app, but for those not using these it seems to be an unfixable issue.

I would propose to add a feature in account settings (or via email, like Steam does) that allows the user to authenticate certain machines and IP addresses, so that this does not happen every time. It would be great if this was possible so that players in this position do not have to reset their password every time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sibeusky Rum
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 44
    Just get SE Security Token. That's SE's approach to security. No big deal.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xaenyth Godslaer
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 55
    This happened to me too! I regularly log in between two different locations but I've never encountered a problem. However, I went out of state to visit a friend and when I attempted to login from there I got locked out of my account. I can't log in anywhere but here from my phone because I am still logged in on it and the email in supposed to get to allow me to fix it has definitely not arrived in my email at all... What is the SE security token and how do you get it??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Everyone should be using the tokens...not only for the extra layer of security, but you get to set one crystal as a free teleport. With 3 favorites and one free, it can save a lot of gil over time. They have the free Android and iOS apps or the $11 USD physical token. My token is over 6 years old and still working fine with near daily usage..a worthwhile investment.

There is a button on the FAQ page (Lodestone>Help &Support>FAQ) that will lead you you to all the details about them.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raist; 09-01-2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: d@mnyouautocorrect

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirae_Soraida View Post
    I am aware of the SE security token and app, but for those not using these it seems to be an unfixable issue.
    Why would a person not want to use them as their being two options to use.
    (0)