Player
    Character
    Honey Hole
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Richiealvian View Post
    Oh man, even worse when you had to enhance your gears to +10 or 20 and only then would you utilise slots to meld materia/cards/enhancements/scrolls on to it.. on some games..
    I ended up ragequitting Tera after burning 800+ master enhancement scrolls on my dumb armor & getting nothing.
    I love XIV too much to quit over temporary setbacks like this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    This is the step back I take, I'm all about melding what I need, not melding to be the best like no one ever was. Look at what you are doing and ask yourself, "Do I need this or am I just doing it for the big numbers?" You are better of in a financial and mental state to focus on what you need rather than want because when you try to get the best stats and then look to what you can make you'll realize that, while yes you can get the best stats that they aren't really necessary at this point in time.
    That's sort of interesting because it's why I wanted to meld out my accs & belt. Looking at how long the i55 lasted (thru multiple armour sets at that), it seemed like a decent use of materia rather than burn it trying to meld the individualized AF sets.

I could sell it instead & just meld IIIs but idk what the point is. For me, crafting theory is what's interesting, which means I'd like to get near-capped stats to play around with progress & see where it's possible to drop steps, cp efficiency & all that yummy numbers stuff.

If the endgame is making gil, then I don't need 2-star gear to do so, you're right, my current crappy gear is more than enough. I should just SB all day or sell hq mats to other crafters, but that isn't really interesting.
    Making gil is just a happy byproduct of crafting I guess? I don't really need anything right now.
    I just want to gear up so I can play w my spreadsheets & it's frustrating being arbitrarily blocked by rng.
    It's interesting that a lot of XIV isn't "necessary", and that what each player's endgame is isn't necessarily tied to DoW/M progress.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rinoa Heartily
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by hqdm View Post
    I ended up ragequitting Tera after burning 800+ master enhancement scrolls on my dumb armor & getting nothing.
    I love XIV too much to quit over temporary setbacks like this though.

That's sort of interesting because it's why I wanted to meld out my accs & belt. Looking at how long the i55 lasted (thru multiple armour sets at that), it seemed like a decent use of materia rather than burn it trying to meld the individualized AF sets.

I could sell it instead & just meld IIIs but idk what the point is. For me, crafting theory is what's interesting, which means I'd like to get near-capped stats to play around with progress & see where it's possible to drop steps, cp efficiency & all that yummy numbers stuff.

If the endgame is making gil, then I don't need 2-star gear to do so, you're right, my current crappy gear is more than enough. I should just SB all day or sell hq mats to other crafters, but that isn't really interesting.
    Making gil is just a happy byproduct of crafting I guess? I don't really need anything right now.
    I just want to gear up so I can play w my spreadsheets & it's frustrating being arbitrarily blocked by rng.
    It's interesting that a lot of XIV isn't "necessary", and that what each player's endgame is isn't necessarily tied to DoW/M progress.
    I'm exactly the same as you, or perhaps were. All I wanted to do was get to the maximum cap I can get, do at least once or twice of the hardest recipe with the optimal rotations, see how "easy" i could make it and then be done with it. It felt like "end game" to me, and a final boss to overcome, first undergeared, then overgeared.. those were good fun. But it really is an expensive thing to do..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    I remember when failing a meld meant losing the gear too.
    Those were the days.
    Relic 1.0 ... You were a bastard to get.

Speaking of relics... I really hope the new relic doesn't have a % loss chance on any materias it might need.
    Losing 2 million gil on a 80% meld rate again will make it... not fun. orz
    (4)
    Last edited by Niqote; 08-30-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    Xaenyth Godslaer
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 55
    If there is one thing I learned from playing Conquer Online it is how to succeed in this kind of thing with low odds. First off, you never, ever want to blow that many items in one go. Try it three or four times, if they all fail go do something else. Wait a few mins, teleport somewhere else, try again.

RNG is not entirely random and there seem to be high and low points. Sometimes it just gets stuck in a section with very similar numbers. If you fail more than 5 in a row blasting through 10 more is usually just going to be a complete waste. It doesn't make logical sense but, believe me, do the above method and you will succeed in melds without wasting so much materia.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Moonleg Starborn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Now I honestly feel bad for successfully triple-melding my earrings last night with a total of three materia ...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mizuki Ishikawa
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by hqdm View Post
    Aion abyss gear says hi. Wants to know if you have anymore manastones to burn.
    (0)

Character
    Selli Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I think I died a little inside. I'm so sorry, OP.

I also wouldn't recommend walking under ladders, hanging out with black cats, doing anything on Friday the 13th, ect. at least for a while.

[EDIT] Those complaining about other games, I feel your pain. I came from Vindictus where failing to enhance your weapon would 100% destroy it (at a certain +level) or you could buy a ~20$ item that saved the weapon from being destroyed, but did not increase your success chance. Enchanting items was even worse since each item could have two enchants (I think accessories could only have 1, though. I haven't played in a couple years). All of the good enchants did not have a higher success rate than 25% and had a 50% chance to destroy the item upon failure. It could easily cost you 100-500$ to gear an end game character. >.> Free to play honestly really sucks like that. :\
    (2)
    Last edited by Selli; 08-30-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yumi Umi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Kinda disappointed in u op lol
    U decided to gamble that much vs just waiting and buying a tier V materia thats probs cheaper than all of those wasted tier IV melds.
    Also like mentioned before dunno y u would want to meld that much when over melding tier 4 on the new gear isn't worth the hassle.

Smh poor decision making lol regardless if ur uncle moneybags.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Honey Hole
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumi_umi View Post
    Kinda disappointed in u op lol
    U decided to gamble that much vs just waiting and buying a tier V materia thats probs cheaper than all of those wasted tier IV melds.
    Also like mentioned before dunno y u would want to meld that much when over melding tier 4 on the new gear isn't worth the hassle.

Smh poor decision making lol regardless if ur uncle moneybags.
    well, even had I waited for a reliable source of T5 materia I'd still have to overmeld 2x CP IV + 2x cmd IV. T5 for necklace just means +3 craft (+9 (/11) vs +6).
    Overmelding multiple T5 doesn't solve the problem either as they're not in denominations that let you drop slots. ie., would still need to use 5 materia.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mike Fisticuffison
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    This is why I don't craft seriously. No matter how seasoned or geared you are, you're still RNG's bitch in the end. Makes one wonder the point of leveling them, sometimes. (like I'm one to talk)
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast