Player
    Character
    Sophie Nyaa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Still crashing in pre-expansion towns with DX11.

Hi, I made a post about this a while ago and it got moved to resolved issues, however the problem is still happening. Now it even happens despite not being on max graphics. Basically, my display goes black on both screens and the sound skips making a buzzing sound until I restart. I've only seen this happen in major cities, mostly Limsa Lominsa but occasionally Gridania.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...xpansion-areas.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aranea Asmodai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Try turning DX11 off and go back to DX9
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sophie Nyaa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I think you're kind of missing the point of this forum. Ignoring the problem with a workaround and getting poorer quality on a machine that is well more than capable of running the game on max settings is not a good solution.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kamikaze Kage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70

Crashing both with DX9 anDX11

Yes I also believe that this issue needs to be fixed, I am also using a more than able PC to play this game at max settings, even so I dare not stay in major cities or overcrowded places for long since the game crashes.

I have since I started to experience this problem try and fix and tweak my PC in every single way.

Made the necessary changes in I explorer to avoid the HTTPS error.

Made a complete uninstall of GPU drivers and installed the latest drivers for everything, even BIOS.

Made regedit changes to check if it somehow was related to the settings for the network adapter.

Disabled everything related to power saving settings both for Win, GPU network adapters and so on.

DX9 and DX11 doesn't matter what so ever for this problem.

Turned back the OC for my CPU even though it has been running stable with any other game, burntest and so on.

I tried the FFXIV benchmark and get Extremely High with everything at max.

I run this game with a 390x 8GB GPU, capped at 60 fps both in-game settings and in Catalyst control center.

i7 CPU 4 GHZ, Samsung Pro SSD 256 GB, 16GB RAM.

100/100 Mbps fiber wired connection.

Everything FFXIV related running as administrator, I don't really see that there is much more that I can do on my end so please make a response and/or apply a fix.

I might have missed something, but will respond if anything is addressed since this is major problem for my experience of this game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    E' P'
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Sounds more like a hardware issue, or software conflict. How are the temperatures (CPU/GPU)? Do you have a dedicated sound card? Does this happen outside of FFXIV?

I've only experienced similar situations with a black screen, but it was my HDD/SSD power connector that was intermittently dying.

Follow KageSamaDice's advice (especially drivers).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleddra Sunbeam
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    If something fails, fail again?

You would like to try even higher settings?

What i think, and you'll probably disagree there, is dx11 provides less performances, is less stable and does not provide better quality. So don't use it unless you have a reason i don't know about.
    (0)
    When life gives you lemons, cry yourself to sleep, and tell all your friends.