Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fiona Greentear
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    @Blood-Aki This is not how a good game design goes. I have played all FFs before, and the one thing I learned is that everything, even outdated abilities can have a good use in certain situations. Adding utility to a skill that would be replaced not only makes it have a situational use beyond LV54 but enhances low-level gameplay. There are a lot of players coming to the game after Heavensward. We didn't need it before because Stone 2 was our best spammable spell after Holy.

@EinherjarLucian I would be happy enough with more procs for "chain healing" just like we have for targeted healing (Cure > Freecure > Cure II > Overcure > Cure III) but for AOE. Enhanced Medica could proc with Medica or Medica II to make the next Medica spell have increased range to 20 yalms or cost less MP.

There are a lot of things that can be done with only traits to make WHM more unique, like adding a "Cup of Life" Trait that returns X% of the overhealed amount to the caster, they could also add a single target Haste spell with long cooldown (most previous FF had Haste as a WHM spell), or create a "Pray" skills that heals for a minimal amount all the party members without costing any MP, so we could try to save our DPS friend who is stuck with 10% health at 90 yalms from you.

For a bigger change, since everyone now have HoTs, and SCH is the Shield Healer, AST is the Lightspeed Healer, WHM could be even more of an AOE healer, with better range for all skills.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fevelle; 08-29-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardButte View Post
    What WHM has that AST doesn't:
    -an AoE that heals everyone for 300, damages all enemies for 300 AND restores 10% of my mana
    DS is def a good WHM skill, most everything else the AST has access to in one shape or form

You really cant weigh assize as heavily as you do.
    Because of stats you really only have the choice between dmg in cleric stance OR healing out of cleric stance because at any given time one of them is going to be pitiful.

But the major part you're missing here is that MP management is a system and not limited to one particular skill.
    Assize as a part of an MP management system is restrictive. If you blindly use it on cd, the 300 potency may not be used as efficiently as it could have been which lowers your mp efficiency, but the longer you wait to use it the more you miss out on the its MP restore.

AST MP management is much more flexible. LA can be used in conjunction with Spear if you want. You can use or save ewer to help with MP, give ewer to the other healer, OR do something else entirely and try for a party DPS increase instead.

Seriously, go level AST to 60, and when your static leader politely but forcefully asks to to go back to WHM, maybe THEN you'll get the message.
    How bout you level WHM to 60?
    (2)
    Last edited by winsock; 08-29-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo

Player
    Character
    Blitz Ace
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Honestly stop with the whining threads, i'm so SICK of all these idiots(yes idiots) Calling out they need a buff for their "oh so favorite" class when ever a different class gets a buff and now outshines(Ahem... right) them in a area. And now makes you what? Heal less? Nope, Exactly, nothing changed on your class, and its not just on FFXIV, its on every game now a days, Spoiled little children whining about buffs and asking for nerfs(Not in this thread i guess)

Jesus, play your class have fun stop whining. (Y)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Dax
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by winsock View Post

AST MP management is much more RNG. LA can be used in conjunction with Spear if you want. You can use or save ewar to help with MP, give ewar to the other healer, OR do something else entirely and try for a party DPS increase instead.
    I fixed this for you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chaosgrimm Winsock
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dax View Post
    I fixed this for you.
    Right, cause WHM doesnt deal with RNG in MP management. /sarcasm
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jace Dax
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by winsock View Post
    Right, cause WHM doesnt deal with RNG in MP management. /sarcasm
    Then I suppose that makes them equal?

Not really when taken into consideration a WHM has a % chance of a specific action causing a specific effect. Where as cards are a % chance of drawing one of 6 effects.
    (3)
    Last edited by J-Dax; 08-29-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chalyss Hearthglenne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fevelle View Post
    @EinherjarLucian I would be happy enough with more procs for "chain healing" just like we have for targeted healing (Cure > Freecure > Cure II > Overcure > Cure III) but for AOE. Enhanced Medica could proc with Medica or Medica II to make the next Medica spell have increased range to 20 yalms or cost less MP.

There are a lot of things that can be done with only traits to make WHM more unique, like adding a "Cup of Life" Trait that returns X% of the overhealed amount to the caster, they could also add a single target Haste spell with long cooldown (most previous FF had Haste as a WHM spell), or create a "Pray" skills that heals for a minimal amount all the party members without costing any MP, so we could try and sabe our DPS friend who is stuck at 10% health at 90 yalms from you.

For a bigger change, since everyone now have HoTs, and SCH is the Shield Healer, AST is the Lightspeed Healer, WHM could be even more of an AOE healer, with better range for all skills.
    Okay, here we go! These are great ideas. "Better AoE Radius". Maybe some CDs that give you a guaranteed proc of Freecure and/or Overcure, like the Reload mechanic for MCH, or like Sharpcast. Maybe a literal "chain heal" spell that bounces from target to target, like that spell in WoW; you can cast it on the closest person and it will bounce its way over to someone who really needs it. Whole-Arena or very-long-range heals (maybe a CD that gives you +100y radius and range on your next healing spell?)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fiona Greentear
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EinherjarLucian View Post
    Okay, here we go! These are great ideas. "Better AoE Radius". Maybe some CDs that give you a guaranteed proc of Freecure and/or Overcure, like the Reload mechanic for MCH, or like Sharpcast. Maybe a literal "chain heal" spell that bounces from target to target, like that spell in WoW; you can cast it on the closest person and it will bounce its way over to someone who really needs it. Whole-Arena or very-long-range heals (maybe a CD that gives you +100y radius and range on your next healing spell?)
    Exactly! OF COURSE it would need balance, but if something like this was to be implemented, we could have three very different healers and AST wouldn't be just an hybrid also, so it's a win-win situation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Danielle Leclair
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fevelle View Post
    Exactly! OF COURSE it would need balance, but if something like this was to be implemented, we could have three very different healers and AST wouldn't be just an hybrid also, so it's a win-win situation.
    Except range buffs brings nothing new to the table as every class should be near the boss at all times for both dodging and more efficient healing. Ever wondered why conic aoes are getting larger on every patch?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fiona Greentear
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by mp-please View Post
    Except range buffs brings nothing new to the table as every class should be near the boss at all times for both dodging and more efficient healing. Ever wondered why conic aoes are getting larger on every patch?
    Range do make difference in various situations, and it's the best I can think without anyone screming "OVERPOWERED" to my face. But my post wasn't just about range, if you read it right, it's about going back to the root of a WHM and bring it to this game.
    (1)

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast