Thread: Solo exp chain

Player
    Character
    Bum Bum
    World
    Titan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I don't really want a faster manner of gaining exp for now..
    I was solo lvling my MRD from lv19 yesterday, now it's lv22

I'm leveling it keeping consistent chain 4, against the crabs in Bloodshore.
    And I was even fighting multiple of them at lv21 (Their lv range is 20-22), keeping the chain 4 going in the meanwhile.

Keeping a chain 4 while solo probably means a extended time or level range for chaining is not really needed..
    Or else we'll really see all gears of lower levels being useless, as you can level up even easier after it's being adjusted that way.

P.S. I switched 2 weapons for my MRD for a better one, none of them reached 40% spiritbond yet..
    I think for main hand weapon,
    (As it wont be shared by other classes to make the spiritbond quicker to fill up at that level)
    the exp needed for a 100% spiritbond should be at least accomplished within exp required for the class to gain 2.5 level

This way the player is given an opportunity to remake & meld the weapon, and perhaps it could be an alternative choice to make the chain a bit easier for players as well.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Asakura Yoshikage
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Hmm, maybe if they did it so there was a overall time on chain kills. Then depending on the time it takes to kill another of that same monster is what chain you get so like.

So a very quick example would be something like,

5minutes would be the max time allowed to score a kill, if a kill is not gained during that time no chain is gained and any current chain you may have is lost. EXAMPLE TIME!

I start a fight with a monster, the timer starts, i finish killing the monster and took me 4.59 minutes, i gain chain 1, as that's the longest time allowed before the time runs out and to allow a kill to gain a chain im rewarded with the worst chain (1). The timer resets after that kill back to 5 minutes.

If i was to kill a monster within 4 minutes, reward me with chain 2, if i cannot get any faster time than this, i stay at chain 2 but always recieve the bonus for each kill, unless i do not kill something within the 5minutes allowed.

If i kill a monster within 3 minutes, reward me with chain 3, if i cannot get any faster time than this, i stay at chain 3 but always recieve the bonus for each kill, unless i do not kill something within the 5minutes allowed.

This means, the very first kill is the one that rewards you the chain, and each kill after that is just to keep it going and allow for rest time. even if i was to spend 2-3minutes resting and then kill something, as long as i already have a chain going, kill something and reset the time back to its maximum, then rest.

After each kill, the timer resets back to 5minutes (example time!)

This would mean a full/light party would finish kills fast, getting chains 4-5 easly, and for solo players it would allow time for them to rest, but not losing the chain during that rest time.

I hope people understand what i'm tring to explain mehe
    (0)
    Last edited by tteh3r; 10-19-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Green Green
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Karleguarth View Post
    I don't really want a faster manner of gaining exp for now..
    I was solo lvling my MRD from lv19 yesterday, now it's lv22

I'm leveling it keeping consistent chain 4, against the crabs in Bloodshore.
    And I was even fighting multiple of them at lv21 (Their lv range is 20-22), keeping the chain 4 going in the meanwhile.

Keeping a chain 4 while solo probably means a extended time or level range for chaining is not really needed..
    I agree. If you can keep 4 chains while solo, why it should go back. Party is needed in mmorpg, so people can adjust and learn to play in different situation while they re in party.

I don't want to be able to solo all way till cap. Really....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evenstar Wanderlust
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I can chain to 4 almost every single time and that is fine. Higher chains should not be easy to achieve when you solo. Come on, if you chain mobs of your level you get around 1400-1500 experience points in about 3-4 minutes, which is really fine for soloing.
    (0)

Player
    Definitely should lower the level of chains. Should be able to chain on mobs slightly lower than you by a few levels but have a reduced chain modifier or something of the sorts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ava Faye
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I was able to chain 5 and 6 with minimal downtime on my low level Archer and Conjurer, but at the moment I am leveling Gladiator and holy moly, this class is WEAK! I'm lucky to get chain 3...

Personally I never thought of low level/solo chains as an issue, but I also understand that not everyone is at the same skill/financial(in-game) level.
    (0)

Player

You have to kill mobs at your level or higher to chain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yongdi Washou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by zerrith View Post
    Just curious if anybody has been able to execute a solo exp chain. I tried to do it, but I can't defeat an enemy of my level or higher now within the exp chain time limit with the adjustment to mob stats.
    I was able to get a +5 chain on my LNC with the high-20s Antelope Does east of Camp Tranquil when I was 29. I may have just gotten lucky though. I usually gave up the chain when I hit +3 since I usually needed more than 20 seconds to down one of them, that and Doomspike is ridiculously over-powered when coupled with Ferocity. In hindsight, I probably should've recorded that run with Fraps...
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdub View Post
    Please understand, we love to hear your ideas, but we would like them to be constructive and relevant to the game.
    Formerly Rounnin Tiankeris of Kashuan; reborn as Yongdi Washou of Hyperion.
    May we continue to walk in the light of the crystal and restore Eorzea to its former glory.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/top?cicuid=12044635
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/997521/

Player
    Character
    Eith E'las
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Be great if as a solo player you can start chaining mobs couple of levels below you.
    (2)

Player

Granted you aren't going to be chaining very high, (was chaining up to 5 on my ARC doing company leves with mobs one level higher than me) it shouldn't be too difficult to at least chain 1 or 2 times so long as you're not fighting mobs more than a couple levels higher than you. Getting up to 4-5 chains is really good solo, and very plausible so long as you're not shooting too far ahead of your level with mobs, not sure if this really needs a lot of adjusting.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast