Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Solo exp chain

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    My only issue is the time for next chain at chain #5 is ridiculously low. The current clunkiness of input in the game makes it so you're lucky if you can even perform a single action before the timer runs out.

Also, it's annoying when you deal the killing blow to a monster before the timer runs out but it doesn't "finish dying" before the chain timer ends and you don't get the chain, even though you killed it in time.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I think lowering the level required for chains to allow you to kill things 1-2 levels below you would be great, since you'll get a bit less XP than if you fought higher leveled stuff but you'll have more consistency and less stress if you're having trouble. It also helps by allowing more areas for you to actually camp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    The Cyclops
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    My only issue is the time for next chain at chain #5 is ridiculously low. The current clunkiness of input in the game makes it so you're lucky if you can even perform a single action before the timer runs out.
    The secret is to fight #4 and 5 almost simultaneously using aoe weaponskills. Which is hard to do, but not impossible if you use the right WS.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    K'ye Gimyajan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    As a newer player I've yet to get a chain 5 solo- I can get a chain 4 pretty reliably regardless of the job as long as the mob is the same level as me, but 15 seconds is a bit of a stretch imo~. For party play I definitely see that being reasonable.

Any adjustments'd definitely be nice.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chevalier Vuitton
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't think solo players should be expecting to get, let alone maintain, 5+ chains. Maybe chains 1 through 3... My thaum can get up to chain #5 on leves just from aoe nuking every leve target on leves with many targets, but other than that I don't expect to chain mobs solo. If I get a chain 1 or 2 I am pretty happy.

Prolonged/repetitive chain 5s should take the effort of a light party at the least. It's supposed to be a reward, after all.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Moe Jax
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

Also, it's annoying when you deal the killing blow to a monster before the timer runs out but it doesn't "finish dying" before the chain timer ends and you don't get the chain, even though you killed it in time.
    Pretty much this. So many times I've killed the mob before the timer ran out but you don't get credit for it. Lowering the level would be ok if it would only affect solo play.
    (0)

Player

I've solo chained with a 23-25 cnj, 25 pug, 34 mrd, and 47-50gla. You just have to be very efficient with your abilities and have a good action bar setup for solo. Anything more than 3 is very difficult solo because of the time contraints. Also +3 levels above current level seems to be about the threshold for when fights become difficult/inefficient particularly because monsters start to evade your attacks more and crit you more often.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rodger Ritter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Good, I think 2-3 levels lower is fair for solo chains. Maybe 1 level lower for non solo also.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Thanks Bay, this is good news for those of us who like to Solo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valega Kazenoko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Is it difficult to chain mobs solo? I find getting Chain #3 pretty easy, the only thing that usually stops that going higher is the run to the next group of mobs.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast