Thread: Botany tips

Player

Botany tips

I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to get from 22 botany to 40+ quickly? i've been doin leves every reset and goin really slow. I heard i can do botany in higher zones than what my level is like at 22 could i go to 30+ places? Would it be worth it? Just wondering if you can let me know some spots to hit to raise my botany from 22-40+ quickly would help me a ton "im low on gil and i cant afford gear for my mrd".
    (0)

Player

From what I can gather DoL has is significantly easier now. This is most likely due to the stat buff and automatic allocation.
    First step would be to get all gear that is your rank or lower. While gearing up make sure to max output. This will give you more attempts at a node.
    Next, a fundamental understanding of how gathering works is quite beneficial. Each item has a specific strike/jig/chop point (it use to be possible that if you did not have proper rank or stats that this point could appear to be random). Also each item has a specific remainder bar. So this means if you find a specific node with items that all have different remainder bars and you know where those items need to be hit to gather them you can essentially one shot each items to gather it if you have high enough gathering. If your gathering is a bit too low you will need to make a second swing, but overall with the latest patch it is faster since it would appear the rank and stat restrictions for constant jig/chop/strike points may have been removed or that their requirements are easier to reach.

To put it simply I would suggest trying grade 4 with max output gear. Aim for 4 total gather attempts. Learn which items have which remainder bar. Learn where those items chop points are. You wont be able to use the skill that pings for the nodes so I would suggest you stick to the black shroud since it is much easier to find nodes there. Also, you can look at the maps at http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/

Ill assume you have your chocobo whistle. This makes gathering stupidly quick once you put the knowledge of how gathering works to good use. Once you get high enough to do grade 5, be able to attempt 4 swings on a grade 5 node, go to iron lake. Due to the landscape the nodes at iron lake are stupidly close together.
    (0)
    Last edited by tragic; 10-14-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    http://xivpads.com/?tragicnate

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    They do need to change the level at which you get rank 4 and 5 abilities.

I have had to resort to using www.disciplesoftheland.com to start gathering at area's that I have no search skills for, just to get decent XP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tete Rouge
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    The nodes at Nophica's Wells are very compact. When you first arrive, complete a loop around the Westernmost canyon area and you'll find two harvesting spots and a tree. There's always a tree there. This makes it very simple to find three locations without needing Arbor Call IV. You could come here as low as 20 and still turn out reasonably good experience, as harvesting spots should still yield around 200 for a successful gather.

At 35ish, head to Iron Lake as, like Nophica's Wells, the nodes there are very compact, except even more so. They are simple to find without Arbor Call V and you have a high chance of multiple trees spawning within sight of each other, seriously speeding up your gathering.

On the Western side of the main Iron Lake area there is two harvesting spots within sight of each other. Combined with one tree, these two can power level you to a high level from as low as 30+, assuming you are using sufficient gathering and output gear. I couldn't tell you exactly how much of each stat you will need as the formula has been changed since I levelled Botanist.

However, due to the compact nodes and the low amount of aggresive monsters at Iron Lake, it makes it a very fast camp for those who 'technically' shouldn't be there yet.
    (0)

Player
    This may seem like a silly suggestion but..

I'm a fan of the music and sounds of the game, but after so many dozens of hours of rince and repeat, run find aim chop run find aim chop.. the music kind of gets to me. Playing your own music does help the time go by really quickly, it may not help you level faster in reality, but it will seem like it's helping.

gl
    (0)