Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Gather/Craft Progression

Currently on botanist/woodwork you gather one walnut log, it turns into 4 lumbers and then a permanent weapon/armour piece requires only 1 of those lumbers. Blacksmith is 3(?) ore for 12 nuggets and you use maybe 5 of those nuggets or more on a piece, something like that so it's a little better. But IMO given the rate at which I gather ore and logs it needs to be way more raw materials to make a weapon otherwise gathering is barely worth it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Uhm, both are compleetely wrong, 1 log equals 1 lumber. And nuggets are extinct.
    (2)

Player

Yeah, that's what I meant on the lumber, was just looking it up, still think it's too slow with stack of 99. It ought to be at least 4 into 1 IMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Medura Bloodspiller
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Yeah, atm logs is better to deliver to grand companys instead 1 stack of oak logs equals 450 seals under foundation day etc, only 200 later
    (0)

Player

O_o nice... getting on that.

Anyway yeah, I think it's crazy I can harvest about a stack of logs in 20-30 mins and go make 99 weapons out of that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakefingers View Post
    O_o nice... getting on that.

Anyway yeah, I think it's crazy I can harvest about a stack of logs in 20-30 mins and go make 99 weapons out of that.
    And the poor crafter has to spend 1 hour+ converting that to lumber...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The abundant raw materials are probably needed considering the new recipes are a lot less vendor dumping friendly. Raw materials are still too expensive for the new recipes to be suitable for leveling up as you get so much less gil from vendoring the refined products of the new, low-yield recipes.

Armorers still have to craft using Iron Squares despite there being no new recipes that use them. The new "simple" synths like Cobalt Ore into Cobalt Ingots cost around 11k/synth to make and probably vendors for 10% or less than that. I'm hoping prices haven't simply adjusted enough yet and that cobalt ore will eventually come down to the 500-1000 gil range and enable these ingot based recipes for leveling up.

A better option, though, would be to make vendoring your results so expensive it'd be inconceivable for most players and simultaneously increasing exp gains by 10000% or more so that you'd only craft to meet player demand. Right now the necessary crafting volumes are so great even a single crafter is often enough to satiate the demand of several servers combined.
    (0)
    Last edited by Frein; 10-13-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mariya Shidou
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Not really Frein, Logs are over abundant, consider that at most you need 1 Lumber while you need 2 - 3 Ingots, and the ratio from log -> lumber is 1 : 1, ore -> ingot is 3 : 1 or 8 : 3. There are very few recipes that utilise 2 lumbers, most of the Bows use 2 branches along with lumber instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frein Mannis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MariyaShidou View Post
    Not really Frein, Logs are over abundant, consider that at most you need 1 Lumber while you need 2 - 3 Ingots, and the ratio from log -> lumber is 1 : 1, ore -> ingot is 3 : 1 or 8 : 3. There are very few recipes that utilise 2 lumbers, most of the Bows use 2 branches along with lumber instead.
    Perhaps Carpentry is different. I haven't really messed with it since 1.19. Still, in the past you'd turn a single log into 4 lumber and vendor 4x more worth of gil than you do now converting logs into lumber.
    (0)

Player

Been doing some GSM/MIN and ore is not nearly as messed up IMO but is still just a little over (at least at low levels), that might be a GSM perspective though. The raw materials for a weapon should be rare otherwise the market is just going to be flooded with unnecessary material which everyone will vendor, pumping unnecessary gil onto the server.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast