Player
    Character
    Aija Dal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Hopefully this thread still sees some dev traffic. My suggestion for QoL:

An in-game journal of sorts so we can keep track of our day-to-day activities that we might not be able to get done in one sitting. I'd love to be able to write out what I was working on the last time I logged in so I can easily pick up where I left off.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maki Makki
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Got back to the game some weeks ago and I remember from launch some suggestions to make your buffs/debuffs on the target bigger or somewhat more visible, would be really nice to see this in game.

Would also love to see improvements to the tab targeting system, prioritizing rotating over in combat minions and minions closer to you or your current target would be awesome as sometimes it jumps to someone really far away or to someone that is not even in combat with you when there is a really good target just by the side of your current target that is actually in combat with your group.

More player status options would also be nice with different restriction levels other then just Busy and Not Busy, being almost forced to be Busy to avoid gold sellers spam and being locked out to all other kind of whispers and even not being able to interact with ready checks inside dungeons is really annoying. Maybe even a "ignore whispers from players lower then X level" would be really cool IMO.
    (0)

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great suggestions!

I have some quality of life improvement information I would like to share with you all.

To improve teleport, we're planning to implement a feature, similar to the crafting log favorites, which will display a list of your destination history, as well as a feature to add specific destinations as a static element to this list.

If you have any other great suggestions, be sure to send it over!
    (21)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Kakashi Hatake
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    RESET COOL DOWNS ON RAID WIPE!

We desperately need this, it is incredible this feature still does not exist.

Waiting 3 minutes on every wipe for CD's to come back is NOT FUN.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Jak Alendi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Haven't gone over the whole thread but here are my QoL suggestions:

1) Automatic dismount if you right click on something you need to interact with for a quest

2) If you right click on something that requires a quest item, have the item automatically be used instead of having to select it from inventory

3) Dismount upon ability use

4) When level synced for a FATE, if you leave the FATE area, don't unsync level immediately, but instead display a warning message and a countdown, and if the player hasn't returned to FATE area by that point, unsync them.

5) Display how much a FATE has been scaled so you don't waste your time trying to solo one if it has had the difficulty scaled a lot (due to a lot of players running it previously).

6) Replace ARR Beast Tribe FATEs with one of those circles you walk into that spawn the enemy.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dirty Paws
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    When crafting or gathering, change the colour of the crafting/gathering window when Collector's Glove is enabled.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JakAlendi View Post
    2) If you right click on something that requires a quest item, have the item automatically be used instead of having to select it from inventory
    Currently, when you're asked to select the item is the only time in most quests where the item is actually shown. I don't want it streamlined away to the point where we never see what it was that we got and then used. (I wouldn't mind if they moved the item description from when we use/give the item to when we receive it, but seeing it should be part of the quest at some point.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 01-06-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    When a recipe is in our crafting log "Favorites" list because we manually added it, we get a "Remove from favorites" option. When, on the other hand, it's there automatically just because we'd used that recipe before, that option doesn't exist. The only way to remove an automatic "favorite" is to first select it and choose "Add to favorites" which just adds the pinned icon and moves it to the top of the list, where we then have to select it again and choose "Remove from favorites". That's awkward and confusing.

So please give us that "Remove from favorites" option on all items in the favorites list, regardless of whether they had been manually or automatically added.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vash Warbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    If you have any other great suggestions, be sure to send it over!

Allow us to toggle off Flying Text of everyone around us and only display our own! If I could only have one thing, it's this! I don't need/want to see everyone else's damage, it just make it harder to see my own. In addition, let us determine where and in which direction flying text will scroll. Sometimes when there is a very large enemy, I can't see my own flying text because it's off the screen. Setting static flying text "areas" would solve this.

1) If we are unable to craft something due to class, automatically switch to the appropriate gear set (or display a small menu if there are multiple gear sets) and begin the craft. Only display an error when no gear set can be found.
    2) Allow chocobos to be summoned while queued for Duties.
    3) Allow people to invite you to party while your own chocobo is out. Simply auto-dismiss the chocobo when accepting invite.
    4) Auto-dismiss chocobo when attempting to stable it while it is summoned.... you get the idea already. Less "you cannot do that" errors, and more streamlining where relevant so we don't see errors in the first place.
    5) Make the filter targets indicator a separate HUD element from the Parameter Bar.
    6) Make the the Cross Bar button labels optional instead of forced. This is "Display Hotbar Help"
    7) Separate the Fate "Sync" button and progression indicator from the Duty list.
    8) Like #7, separate the Duty Finder indicator from the Duty List.
    9) Add chat line-level fade options. Meaning, if a chat line has been active for x seconds fade it from view. When you manually go into the chat window, it can reappear and the timer starts over for each line individually.
    10) Like #9, allow the option to have the chat window opacity decrease to zero when there are no chat lines showing.
    11) If you are a party leader, right-clicking on any member of another party should give you the option to Send Alliance Invite to party leader. Right now there's no way I know of to easily determine the leader of a party so that you can form an alliance, and it shows because no one ever does it.
    12) Allow minions to be summoned while chocobo is summoned. Optionally, also remove the minion summon restriction from all zones and instances.
    13) Auto-select items used for quests, gardening etc, housing. instead of opening our inventory bag, make it like fishing where only the appropriate items are shown.
    14) Add an option when equipping gear to "gray out" items that are not relevant to your current class/job.
    15) Allow the option to choose which "Server Info" items you want shown. For example, while the time is of great importance to me, I do not need the useless "wifi" icon displayed.
    16) Allow the duty finder to show more than 5 items. In fact, instead of always showing 5 (or less) duty items, allow us to choose to toggle specific quests so that they are never shown unless we want them to be.
    17) Auto-equip the Echatl gloves when crafting for the Ixal beast tribes, if not equipped already. Only display an error if the gloves cannot be found/equipped.
    18) Save macros to server so they can be available to all computers without syncing
    19) Add the option to have the Gil hud element only show briefly when there is a change to your gil amount, fading away after a set time.
    20) Add the option to have the Experience bar auto-hide if the current class cannot gain experience (max level).
    21) Allow more configuration of what Nameplate items are shown. For example, I would like to show a persons first name (without last name letter), hide the Free Company tag, show their current level just like monster, hide status icon, but show a class icon instead. There's currently no way to do this.
    22) Save gear sets to server.
    23) Show your party members status bars regardless of what zone they are in. You should never see "???" when looking a party members bar.
    24) Similar to #23, always allow the use of "Examine" regardless of whether you can target the member or not.
    25) When trying on a glamoured item, allow the ability to try on the glamour (by default) or the original item look.
    26) You should go "out of combat" immediately when a Fate ends, not when all the enemies have finished running away.
    27) Dummies should not keep you in combat for extended duration. You have to run pretty far from a dummy to disengage and it's pretty crazy. You should be able to enter and exit combat with a dummy at will.
    28) Register and show the damage or effect of a skill immediately, not after an animation is finished. If a weapon skill is instant, it should damage the enemy when I press the button, not after a lengthy wind-up.
    29) Create a separate "Repair" HUD element, that only appears when your gear durability is below a certain threshold, and shows you the condition of each piece.
    30) Randomize the conditions for spawning an S-Rank, and randomize the zone it will appear in.
    31) Allow re-ordering of link shells
    32) Add option to have the circle target indicator (the circle on the ground that is under your current target, not the aoe target circle) have a higher z order than everything else. In crowded situations, other characters and effects obscure the targeting circle, so that I literally can't even tell which way the target is facing.
    33) When un-checking the "Always show crossbar" option, add an option to have the crossbar still show while in combat and/or crafting. The idea behind that is to prevent the crossbar from cluttering up your screen when you don't need it, not when you do need it.
    (5)
    Last edited by FaileExperiment; 01-07-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I'm still waiting for the ability to keep icons lit on macros, like they used to be before /macroicon was implemented and a way to change gearset icons without macros

On a related note I would also like to See the icons for dummied out abilities like Fey Light appear on the default list of icons (Those moves are never gonna be lit anyway since they were well...removed)
    (0)

Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast