Player
    Character
    Silvaire Voltour
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

A Relic Reborn (Gae Bolg)

Hello all, I've run into an issue with this quest and not sure what I should do to fix it. The quest required a materia-enhanced champion's lance and I didn't realize it had to be specifically savage aim tier 3 until after I had already put a different one in the weapon. I've added the savage aim materias but am not able to turn in the quest. I think it's because of the other materia in with those 2 but not entirely sure. Has anyone done a relic reborn previously and turned in with an extra materia?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saarna Shani
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    you can go to the bonfire in central Thanalan where you learned how to meld and pay to remove the materia. buy 2 brand new grade 3's that are required and turn it in... you can not hand it in with less or more and different grades melded.

so you will get to remove the materia but you will lose it as well. the weapon is kept. so just buy 2 more and do not meld any except those two needed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Yes...what they said exactly...had to be what the quest said exactly.
    (0)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player
    Character
    Silvaire Voltour
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Okay, thank you both. That's what I had thought but wanted to make sure before I removed them and wasted gil buying more.
    (1)