Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Celthric Sundwil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 6
    They could make it a quest to increase bag size. Maybe like the gobbie bag quest in FFXI. I don't know just a thought
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Shaka View Post
    They could make it a quest to increase bag size. Maybe like the gobbie bag quest in FFXI. I don't know just a thought
    No. That would get backed up every 5-15 seconds (I forget which it is) and add to server stress. We don't need bigger bag size. We need more off-character storage, which does not contribute to server congestion.
    (3)
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Velikayl Minx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I understand that increasing our inventory/armory chest atm is not possible without further back end improvements. That's fine, there's still a list of things they could do to improve inventory issues (some of which have been mentioned in this thread). Implementing one or more or all of these would noticeably improve inventory issues without increasing personal inventory size.

1) Give a free retainer with heavensward
    2) A glamour log that destroys the items and just keeps an id
    3) A separate crafting storage, possibly setup like retainers and accessed through the bell to limit access/bandwidth transfers
    4) A large longer term separate storage for gear, possibly with a transaction fee to limit how often it's used, useful to store gear you want to save for leveling a future job
    5) Move more tokens/etc to the currencies tab to remove them from inventory (or put them in key items since that page rarely has many items)

~allow armor sets to pull from inventory as well as armory chest
    (Although not an inventory fix, since armory chest is part of our inventory and can't be increased at the moment, this would be a QOL fix until additions can be made)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zarzak Tigerspirit
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    And then, of course, there's the armory system. Don't get me wrong I love it, but when you're trying to maintain gear for 10+ classes, well, yeah.

The armory system NEEDS expanding. Currently we have what 24 classes for 25 armory slots? Heaven forbid you have more than 1 extra weapon across all 24 classes.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Newer players to MMO games will likely draw from their experiences playing FPS games, GTA, Dragon Age, Skyrim, etc.. and they will evaluate a MMO based on that criteria. But other online games (and offline RPGs) are designed to be picked up, played for maybe 5 months and then abandoned for when the next big game comes along. A Veteran MMO gamer knows that the experience of the game is stretched out over years, and if crafted properly, it leaves players with some of the best gaming experiences to be found anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    This is the problem most content is solo and you get your group action from a cross-server queueing tool. This is not like older MMOs where servers developed real communities. It's more like MacDonald's Drive-Thru, where you queue up, do your run, then never meet those people again.

Player
    Character
    Miranda Madison
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Uhm.. If you run out of inventory on your character.. if you run out of space on TWO FREE retainers, both with 175 slots.. what good will it do to expand inventory further?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Apop Tic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilite View Post
    Uhm.. If you run out of inventory on your character.. if you run out of space on TWO FREE retainers, both with 175 slots.. what good will it do to expand inventory further?
    i don't think having one level 30 weaver and one level 20 weaver on separate characters as your only crafters, and only two battle classes on each of the characters, only one of which is maxed out, have given you a full appreciation of how full inventory can actually get when you have lots of craft and lots of battle classes leveled up.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilite View Post
    Honestly? Tons. Count up the number of materials in this game. Feel free to remove the ones bought from vendors or 100 gil or less on the MB. You'll still have more than 250 types of items. Then add in bait, rare dyes, glamour gear, gardening seeds/soil, chocobo feed, materia, catalysts, tokens, and so on. Then what about endgame gear you've obtained for classes you haven't finished leveling, all the gear you're actually using, super rare gear you don't currently need but can't get back if you discard (wedding attire bought with RL cash, lucis/supra tools, zeta/zodiac weapons, etc), your PvP gear, and any gear you want to Spiritbond.

In my desynth database, I have all the materials listed. It's an incomplete list, as I never added CRP or ALC stuff to the database. It still has 600 materials listed. That's way more than 450, and that's just crafting materials!

Plus, this is all just assuming the items stack with themselves, ignoring the truth that there are both NQ and HQ versions of materials. The fact that NQ and HQ don't stack with each other easily eats up 15-25 spaces for me, and that's with reducing quality on items that aren't endgame crafting mats.

When there are more items you need to keep than space you are given to keep it, then there's a problem.

Not to mention, for those of us who handle airships for our FC, there are 28 airship-related materials some of which you will have multiple stacks of, and the need for multiple stacks of other materials such as coke (most airship parts take from 81 to several hundred coke each). There's also airship repair materials, airship parts not currently in use, and fuel. There's only so much room in the FC chest for this stuff, especially if you use the FC chest for actually storing items you want accessible to other members of the FC. Very soon, we're going to have to start discarding this stuff or storing it in player inventories.

This game has a serious space issue. It has an absurd number of items. Items can easily take up multiple slots due to HQ/NQ. If you are not experiencing these issues, you are likely not at the endgame yet, or you do not have all your classes leveled, or you don't craft, or you don't use the glamour system, or you've bought extra retainers, or you're just trolling.
    (5)
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Miranda Madison
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoptic View Post
    i don't think having one level 30 weaver and one level 20 weaver on separate characters as your only crafters, and only two battle classes on each of the characters, only one of which is maxed out, have given you a full appreciation of how full inventory can actually get when you have lots of craft and lots of battle classes leveled up.
    Please don't judge me based on the amount of classes/jobs I have and then assume. You don't know my situation and I do not know yours. (I have one main, lvl60BLM, lvl59WAR.. 30+ on nearly all crafts..)

I'm full inventory + my two free retainers, and half on my third... Don't need all 60s to know how much of a pain it can be. It simply wont do any good to add more because you'll just run out anyway. This includes the amoury chest.

I'm fairly sure, even though I will never do this, that getting all the paid retainers wont make a difference. Your situations with space will not change.

Now go ahead and make yourself look foolish and judge me(not wasting my time with the poster above), but I'm only stating what all you know should know is the truth anyhow. They could add 1000 slots to the character. You know you will complain for more space months later.
    (0)
    Last edited by Twilite; 08-20-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Valentyne Laska
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    If they want an efficient inventory system to learn from, Wild Star's is pretty top notch even if the game itself isn't everyone's cup of tea. They have a dedicated crate for housing supplies, which also accounts for the room needed for the kind of "tinker toys" construction of non-instanced buildings that made their housing system famous, but that extra space could be used for airship components in FFXIV. They also have a very simple way to keep vanity items from clogging up inventory space: The player simply pays a small in-game fee for saving the item's appearance to a list. Afterwards, the player can dispose of the old armor set. Then they need to decide what to do with the old glamour prisms, because they either need to go in the currency tab or just get consolidated into a single, non-multitiered item, or both. They've also been pretty lazy with currency in general with the way they just throw vouchers, ambers, and other currency items into the player's inventory.
    (3)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendred View Post
    Then they need to decide what to do with the old glamour prisms, because they either need to go in the currency tab or just get consolidated into a single, non-multitiered item, or both. They've also been pretty lazy with currency in general with the way they just throw vouchers, ambers, and other currency items into the player's inventory.
    Whether they take an inventory slot or not, they are included with the data that is backed up every 15 seconds, so moving them to another tab would not relieve the issue that is preventing the expansion of inventory, it would simply shift however many item slots from Inventory to currency. Also, glamor prisms are currently a consumable item that you can purchase, currency items work in a different fashion. One thing that might help would be to boost the stack size of all items in inventory which would at least prevent multiple stacks of the same thing taking up more than one slot.
    (0)

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast