Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    It's strange to me to see complaints about inventory space in FFXIV when pretty much every other MMO is worse about it. What the heck are people doing to use up all this space?
    Oh yeah? Name one MMO with as many crafting items as FFXIV. Just one. Just one! Come on, can't be that hard.

Inventory and the amounts you require is reliant on the amount of items you are liable to use or have. In FFXIV the amount of items is far larger then for most other MMOs.

Also the armoury system is a double-edged pizzacutter. Who actually has 25 bracelets to store? Yet 25 are too few spots for chest items, or main hand tools.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Valentyne Laska
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeyis View Post
    Oh yeah? Name one MMO with as many crafting items as FFXIV. Just one. Just one! Come on, can't be that hard.

Inventory and the amounts you require is reliant on the amount of items you are liable to use or have. In FFXIV the amount of items is far larger then for most other MMOs.

Also the armoury system is a double-edged pizzacutter. Who actually has 25 bracelets to store? Yet 25 are too few spots for chest items, or main hand tools.
    Then there is the mostly wasted off-hand armory slots, the only classes that use those being gladiator, conjurer, and thaumaturge. Even then, conjurer and thaumaturge only use off-hand items very rarely and only during the leveling. So there is wasted space in the current inventory system for sure.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Deifact Kinspawn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Yep it's ridiculous. We have all classes / jobs on one character which means gear etc. For each. Most MMO are 1 character = 1 class.

SE also decided to have vanity require items. GW2 for example dyes don't take up inventory they are put on your character sheet. Most MMO have vanity alots, instead we have prisms which is even more items.

Basically loads of items could be shifted from our inventory onto character sheets (like currency is right now). Like why don't vanity items just occupy a "wardrobe" character tab or something?
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendred View Post
    Then there is the mostly wasted off-hand armory slots, the only classes that use those being gladiator, conjurer, and thaumaturge. Even then, conjurer and thaumaturge only use off-hand items very rarely and only during the leveling. So there is wasted space in the current inventory system for sure.
    You use them a lot more if you craft/gather. ...But still, since DoW/M *mostly* don't use it, it's OK.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Increasing personal storage is not something i ever really wanted. 100 slots works fine for me.

However, i do realize that crafters have issues holding onto materials.
    And so i propose the following...
    When they give us the ability to access all retainers at once in a specific area, Allow Crafters to use Materials stored on Retainers directly from the crafting menu while in this area.

As for Armory space, Please don't exaggerate.
    Accessories are shared.
    DRG+MNK
    PLD+WAR+DRK
    BRD+NIN+MCH
    AST+WHM+SCH
    Considerably reduces the space requirements for all Jobs on the accessory storage.
    Only need 12 slots for Weapons out of 25 available.
    Outside of Artifact Gear, we share all the Armor too. And even then, You only need 12 slots out of 25 to store all 12 Jobs worth of Artifact Gear.

The only thing about the Armory i can agree with expanding is the Ring slots since we need 2 rings at all times.

As far as i know, Crafting Gear is generally shared. Though i understand thats changing with Crafters now having a kind of Artifact set.
    That doesn't change the fact that even if you had all 23 jobs at lvl 60 and carried around their entire sets with you at all times, you STILL have space left over in the Armory.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sylve; 08-14-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendred View Post
    OH is not wasted if you are a crafter/gatherer - that is 10 spots right there (fishing is the only one that doesn't have an OH)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Wobble Wibblewobb
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I have no issues myself with space. Only thing I would like them to do is move things like ventures, gear trade, fate trade in items, atma, etc. into key items and use some of that massive unused space.
    (5)
    Last edited by Wobble; 08-14-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    -snip-
    You obviously don't craft... that's quite a few weapon slots right there. And with this patch/expac, they moved away from shared crafting gear (only needing 1 chest piece of DoH and only 1 for DoL was a huge help... but it's gone). Also, if you're working on something like a relic (Hello 3.1...), you do need to have that second weapon on hand. And, because we have our AF2, we now have separate gear for each job on the left side, but you'll still need general gear for the same if you have more than 1 of a given role leveled and want to play it (ie, WHM AF robe, then Gordian robe for AST and SCH, etc etc).

No one's complaining about running out of space for their bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    I mean, if you're trying to maintain a presence in every single crafting class at once, then sure...you'll have issues. Every game is like that, try being an auction house trade baron type in WoW and you'll have to jump through a million hoops to maintain inventory space, even using dummy guilds and such.
    The way FFXIV crafting it set up, you have to have a crafting presence on all classes to be viable. The crossclass skills are not optional to successfully craft anything reasonably current, and generally you'll want to make the materials yourself too as there might not even be any on the market.

And no, other games are not like this.
    (17)
    Last edited by Risvertasashi; 08-14-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I just see a bunch of horders complaining thry can't hoard all items in the game. All DoH and DoL lvl60 and all DoW/DoM at least 50. Just make the finish mats and dont save the raw materials.
    (5)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Apop Tic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I was actually thinking about making a new post on this topic but someone beat me to it. The excuses about memory space blah blah are all absolute nonsense, when this company is willing to give you the same thing in the form of retainers for a price. You clowns who come on here spouting the company line and telling people not be to "hoarders" are doing yourself, and all the other players of this game a disservice. If the space exists to add extra retainers (for a price $$$), then the space exists to add inventory. Period. The fact the game encourages you to collect tons of different costumes and gear sets for all the different classes should mandate a solution to this that doesn't involve emptying peoples pockets even more. And making all the various gear tokens take up space as well when they just as easily could have been placed in the quest gear slot shows that encouraging people to buy retainers is what is driving this practice.

Its not a memory problem, its a greed problem.
    (30)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast