Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    After reading through the pages, while some of you bring up legitimate complaints and there are lots of improvements that need to be made, a lot of you really only have problems stemming from poor inventory management skills. Even if SE were to double our inventory tomorrow I'm certain a bunch of you would return within a week complaining that your inventory is full again.
    (3)
    Am I even allowed to be this strong?

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayerinn View Post
    The easiest solution to the inventory issue is to ALLOW US TO MAIL STUFF TO ALTS - if they are totally separate characters THEN LET US MAIL ITEMS TO THEM This is why I have a much, much more space in a game like WoW where an alt = storage.
    And why many other MMO's have an account wide bank slot.
    (2)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1445972/

Player
    Character
    Tsuki Vasnir
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I hardly ever even fill my first bag and that's with 1/4 of it filled with stuff I always carry. I don't get how people can complain about the best inventory management system I have ever experienced in an MMO. There are no "vendor trash" items in this game. Everything has a use. It makes inventory almost a non issue entirely.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshpar View Post
    I hardly ever even fill my first bag and that's with 1/4 of it filled with stuff I always carry. I don't get how people can complain about the best inventory management system I have ever experienced in an MMO. There are no "vendor trash" items in this game. Everything has a use. It makes inventory almost a non issue entirely.
    If "Tsuki Windcaller" is your first account i suggest to get level 60 before "experience" the problem with gathering...
    The items you only get from fights or dungeons will never fill your inventory, and your fisher around level 30 doesnt bring you the rare fish you can get at level 50...
    Then we have legacy players playing since 2011 having a lot items they just dont like to lose (some you can buy from online shop now).
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eldon Pierce
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    The game needs a "collection system" and a dedicated trade goods bank.

Collection system where you can save the appearance of gear without using any inventory space - e.g. Trove. Toss the gear in, it will no longer be redraw-able but you will forever be able to use it for glamour and it will never get "full".

A trade goods bank which can store a nigh infinite amount of trade goods (crafting materials and components) which you can craft directly from - e.g. GW2.

PS: I kind of understand why inventory changes take time though. High performance databases aren't easy to set up.
    (1)
    Last edited by Bishop81; 08-20-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    You have a handful of classes and clearly don't craft or gather - of course you are not going to have inventory issues.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ayerinn; 08-20-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop81 View Post
    The game needs a "collection system" and a delicated trade goods bank.

Collection system were you can save the appearance of gear without using any inventory space - e.g. Trove. Toss the gear in, it will no longer be redraw-able but you will forever be able to use it for glamour and it will never get "full".

A trade goods bank which can store a nigh infinite amount of trade goods (crafting materials and components) while you can craft directly from - e.g. GW2.
    Funny enough it sort of exists already in the form of the Armoire - it is just terribly limited in scope and usefulness.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Eldon Pierce
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayerinn View Post
    Funny enough it sort of exists already in the form of the Armoire - it is just terribly limited in scope and usefulness.
    Beats me why it's implemented the way it is.

It shouldn't be limited to gear "you can never get again". We need it to hold gear that are a PITA to get as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Valentyne Laska
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    That's just not possible. I've played through the game twice now. They give you far more potions, food, and other miscellaneous items than a person's first tab can handle. I couldn't even consume the food fast enough before I'd still get even more food clogging up inventory space from all the quest rewards. Without prior knowledge as to what is a useful item and what isn't, your first tab is guaranteed to be filled. So either you just sell everything with wild abandon or have prior experience. In either case, that is fairly atypical.

Edit: Also, any remaining space you have in the first tab would be taken up by drops from trash mobs, like jellyfish umbras and bone chips.
    (5)
    Last edited by Fendred; 08-20-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    To those who are making assumptions about we complainers' inventory management skills, I'd just like to say this. At this point, I honestly don't have inventory issues. Well, I get them every now and then, throw out rare or expensive items I'll need later on but not right now, and suddenly I have space again. That doesn't mean I feel the system is workable. Why can I afford to throw our items that have value to me? I have several dozen million gil. I can just buy materials I don't use very often from the MB when I need them. I can afford to lose a few millions in the process - I don't really care about money anymore. I've stopped running dungeons for gear I only want for glamours and just suck it up when I want to use a glamour and can't because I threw something out. I've stopped using food items and just deal with being sub-par in endgame raids due to a lack of food buffs.

Ever since I stared doing this, the game became significantly less fun for me. I play less, and I often just do one thing when I log in, like afk at a gathering spot so I can tab back to the game every 30 mins to gather. I don't run old content with FC-mates/random newbies unless I *really* like them. I used to ambush random newbies with HQ crafted gear just because. I do that a lot less now because I don't have the materials on hand anymore (I'm far more likely to do it for people in the narrow range where all the mats are also glamour prism mats, because I still carry a stack of each of those on me along with grade 1 clears for quick glamours despite the rest of this). If a friend asks me to make something and that something has 3+ ingredients I don't have on me, I just say no now unless they get me the mats. I craft almost all endgame stuff with NQ mats and just suck it up when I NQ something expensive/valuable. I throw out all wedding invitations I get even if I really like the person - if I do go to their wedding, I'll get one from them at the door. I don't make items to sell on the MB anymore because I never have the mats on me and gathering them from scratch every time something sells is way too time consuming. I don't have to - I have plenty of money. I don't gather in bulk anymore, and after I gather, I throw out whatever I don't immediately use. I lower the quality of everything I get from treasure maps.

None of this is fun. None of this makes me want to play the game more. It's frustrating, because this game is exactly what I was looking for, but I'm a completionist/collector. That's how I have fun in games. I'm a girl who likes playing dressup, so naturally what I want to collect is gear. I am literally incapable of collecting gear in this game. I can't even collect all the gear for one class or all untradable gear, or all gear from endgame raids. And yes, one free retainer isn't going to solve or address that desire, but the ideas for an expanded armoire or an equipment guide would. What problem would a free retainer solve? Holding enough mats so make equipment for newbies without having to bounce between the Ixali, the Amalj'aa, the Kobolds, the Sylphs, the FC house, the housing ward vendors, and Limsa. Since I generally can't hold all the mats and finished items on me at once, I can't even do it all in one trip. I wind up making at least three trips to the Amalj'aa for one full set of newbie gear (all 12-13 pieces).

Yes, I have mitigated design flaws in the game by significantly changing how I play it. That doesn't mean the flaws aren't flaws, or the problems aren't problems. It also kills my interest in a significant portion of the game. There's no reason to do anything other than endgame content when you can't pick up loot from earlier game content. It makes me help people less since I don't have mats on me for early game crafts.

Making simple tasks like glamouring an item or crafting gear for someone else less accessible and more time-consuming does not mean that people will play your game more so they can do just as much. It means they'll play your game the same exact amount, spend more time running around needlessly and boringly, do less overall, have less fun, and have less desire to play more later. Making it so we can't store the rewards from early game content doesn't mean we'll run that content and let newer players take all the loot, it means we'll run early content less or not at all and lot on stuff anyway to turn in for seals or desynth because it's not like we're getting anything else out of it.

It must really suck for people who are just now getting into crafting and expect to make money from it, or new players who have long queue times because no one will run early content. Last I heard, Crystal Tower raid queues were immense. I certainly won't run that stuff (unless its for a first time clear of someone I really like) again - some of the loot looks really good, but where would I put it? If I get any, and I will still roll on it, I'll just desynth it hoping for a BC3 (anything else from it, I'd probably just discard).

It drives me crazy when people think everyone else plays the same way they do and enjoys playing that way more than any other way. So, whenever someone posts requesting a change, they assume she's just whiny and wants attention, or is some kind of crazy hoarder with an inventory full of stacks of Animal Skin. Not everyone is you (that'd be super creepy anyway).
    (9)
    Last edited by Nyalia; 08-21-2015 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typo - armoire, not armory

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast