Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lee Ciaran
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Wasn't there a screenshot of concept art of some kinda wolfman race? I doubt they'd implement something like that (complications with making gear/clothes fit for them), but it'd be cool if they did.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Adagio Blaze
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by seida View Post
    Hmmm... people say they want a beastly race, but I really wonder how many people who say that would actually change to one. It also seems unlikely given the massive changes that would have to be made to gear... so I don't really understand Yoshi's "Viera are too similar to Miqote" excuse when Au Ra are hardly that different! We seem to be stuck with humanoid of some size + weird ears/horns anyway, so....

I'm really curious to see what else they will come up with.
    Yeah I'm not really sure I understand that statement either. I mean. Maybe if aura had turned out like they look in the concept art for them. But definitely not what's in game. They are literally the same case. Humanoid with horns. Add some scale tattoos and voila. Aura in a nutshell. (Not that I dislike aura mind you). Personally. I would literally kill for Viera like the concept art to be added in Literally kill. Would drop my miqo'te in a heartbeat.

Also. People asking for more beastly or rounder races just don't seem to understand. Numbers dictate that the amount of people who actually play them are a very small percentage among the community. To design a whole race for only a few people to play seems just ... Wasteful. But hey. They add Viera in and I wouldn't give two craps less how wasteful they are with other new races lol ;P
    (18)
    Last edited by Khaoticsuccubus; 08-10-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lorielle Kurayami
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Problem is if you want to simplify it, even the Au'ra aren't much different from Miqote(females anyway). The Au'ra Male actually stand out enough as 'fierce and strong'. While the females are more or less 'cutesy' or 'elegant' depending on your model choice. But the fundamentals for female Au'ra are nothing but Miqote with horns and a dragon tail instead. Even a friend of mine admitted she didn't really see anything that really defined Au'ra as 'dragon like'.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Dragoon View Post
    snip
    Female Auri already did that (and they can be shorter). Though again, there's a high chance that Viera won't be appearing in the game (as posted earlier) and I hope they don't. It's time for something ugly to appear in this game (too many cute things).

They've posted some concepts of a wolfman race and from judging that, the most they would need to work around is the feet (just change all pieces to a reworked BLM PvP Wolfseye boot) and head, as well as explain why the three starting cities would allow them to enter. I highly doubt SE would make Garleans a race, since they're mostly Hyurs (Midlander or Highlander, using Cid and Nero as an example) it wouldn't be adding anything new to the game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I'm up for any new races, although I do like the Viera idea the most, so far. >w>
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestama View Post
    Snip
    They could always do chocobo style leg armor, that is to say, leave the feet the same and just put the armor on the knee/ankle area.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Yeah, that could work as well.
    (0)

8. 08-10-2015 01:37 PM

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Viera don't have tails, actually o:
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gralwyb Waekgohtwyn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Only race/gender I'd consider changing to would be female Ronso, but they are basically a cross between Miqo'te and Roegadyn, so don't see that happening.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Seryne View Post
    We need more fierce races.
    That is problematic because of a Catch-22.

People want fierce races, but many will not play females unless they are cute.
    A race with cute females is not a fierce race.

This is how we ended up with the Au'Ra fierce male/cute female sexual dimorphism.
    (8)

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast