Player
    Character
    Rexipher Evergrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynric View Post
    It amazes me how many people in this thread still think the Legacy mark required you to do more than make a character. You want it exclusive that's all well and good. But you never had to support 1.0 to get that tattoo. You just had to make your character and then log out. You didn't even have to actually start playing. I'm not really on either side, I just see a lot of whining over a tattoo you can't really see anyway. But I am against misinformation. Legacy Status =/= Legacy tattoo. Spending 5 seconds to make a character, log out, and never play again = Legacy Tattoo. It has nothing to do with supporting square in tough times.
    Wasn't there a requirement that you had to have atleast 3 months of payed subscription for the Legacy status? Think I recall reading about it somewhere.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Klaus Nomi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    NO NO NO NO

I didn't even play 1.0 but I can tell you if they put that in the cash shop, it would make me mad.

Seriously, can there be exclusive stuff in this game? It's ridiculous how people think they're entitled to *everything* because they pay money *now*.

Waaah I want a Yukata for free! not fair! Well, you didn't sub at the time it was introduced so you didn't pay for its development. Too bad. But guess what, now you can pay for it. Just like we did.

Waaah tattoo not fair! See above.

You don't deserve everything bc you pay a subscription. By that line of reasoning, someone could start playing in two years and get everything day 1. {No thanks}
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rexipher Evergrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaCha View Post
    NO NO NO NO

I didn't even play 1.0 but I can tell you if they put that in the cash shop, it would make me mad.

Seriously, can there be exclusive stuff in this game? It's ridiculous how people think they're entitled to *everything* because they pay money *now*.

Waaah I want a Yukata for free! not fair! Well, you didn't sub at the time it was introduced so you didn't pay for its development. Too bad. But guess what, now you can pay for it. Just like we did.

Waaah tattoo not fair! See above.

You don't deserve everything bc you pay a subscription. By that line of reasoning, someone could start playing in two years and get everything day 1. {No thanks}
    In the end when the game shuts down for good all this argument about glorified pixels will be for nothing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lokin Modar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    No for the legacy. Yes for an option to add other tattoos in the aesthetician
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Firepower Shinryu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Well as someone who played the 1.0 alpha, beta, open beta and the free trial for 1.0, I even have the 1.0 collectors edition of which I paid full price for. I realised it sucked and never paid a days subscription. Because of this I never got any legacy stuff but still get the tattoo on a level 20 character on Durandal that I have never used. Personally I did a lot of supporting of this game before it even was released I just never paid (although I paid with my wasted time on 1.0)

I don't think it's that exclusive anymore, it's only a tattoo, chocobo and gobbue so why is it such a big deal? It's not like they are taking away your cheaper monthly payments or 1.0 titles. Let people buy them if they want. It doesn't hurt anybody and nobody cares if you have it or not.
    (1)
    Last edited by Firepower; 08-09-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Scary Trees
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Wasn't there a requirement that you had to have atleast 3 months of payed subscription for the Legacy status? Think I recall reading about it somewhere.
    Yes that is true for the legacy status but the tattoo itself was not a part of the legacy campaign it was something that EVERY character created in 1.0 received.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rexipher Evergrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JouriStarz View Post
    Yes that is true for the legacy status but the tattoo itself was not a part of the legacy campaign it was something that EVERY character created in 1.0 received.
    Ah ok. I thought it came with the Legacy Status.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I don't get the appeal of it. It's not like there's Legacy players lording the tattoos over people, near every piece of gear and two-handed weapon hides it, as does long hair. Further, it's not a reward from some long lost 1.0 quest, unless you call playing 1.0 a quest (some would more call it a journey of deliverance...). I don't care about Square rereleasing 1.0 quest rewards, they were quests that everyone in 1.0 had access to even if only for a time. But the tattoo was a gift directly from Square for having been cool people, being patient and understanding of their situation at the time. You had to be there for it, just like the earrings from the primal challenges at the cons last year. Noone's whining about missing out on the earrings whose visibility is much more obvious, what's so special about the tattoo?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Legacy 1.0 or Meteor Survivor tattoo will be never in the cash shop.

If you want a tattoo, ask for a wing designed tattoo for every character created between 3.0 and 4.0 (or for every character who finished the 3.x story before 4.0 start)
    (5)
    Last edited by Felis; 08-09-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tetsu Taru
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Not sure if the people always asking for legacy stuff or the people who respond with haughty overwrought "1.0 players are the saviors of XIV" paragraphs are worse.
    (2)

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast