Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jerrard Coeurl
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60

Why do healers not gain as much contribution to a FATE as anyone else?

Because I did just as much work on rare spawn FATES keeping people alive and making sure there were no deaths, and afterwards I only got a bronze. What? How do FATEs work if healing doesn't matter?
    (2)

Character
    Nadirah Serenity
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Based on threat generated.

You want gold on a boss fate as WHM, benediction on the tank will get it quick.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Endless Paradox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Did you attack anything? Last I checked you need to tag atleast one mob with an aero or something, sure someone else can confirm this who is more familiar with fates than me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Techno Techie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gist View Post
    Because I did just as much work on rare spawn FATES keeping people alive and making sure there were no deaths, and afterwards I only got a bronze. What? How do FATEs work if healing doesn't matter?
    by keeping people alive, did you do any actual healing? best way to get gold on FATEs is to benediction/lustrate spam the main tank, or cast regen on everyone in range, or spam other random heal spells on people that are actually fighting the boss (healing AFKers won't get you any credit)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'zual Neverdark
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Tag the mob(s) first. Then heal the MT like you want him to feel like the worst player that's ever graced Eorzea.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    I remember months ago, I read ppl here said that healing players not in your party is useless... ^^;
    something has changed?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kelvena Visralia
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 62
    You have to hit/tag/dmg a mob first to make the threat generated by healing legit.
    Healing someone without having hit the related mob doesn't give anything.
    AFAIK.
    Perhaps more specifics.
    (0)

Character
    Buff Archer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    This needs to be improved somehow it's annoying as hell to be the only person healing the main target, like I was with the big crab fate on my AST yesterday, and making sure to tag the target plus the fate adds coming for me from healing a couple of people they attacked. People in fates don't seem to realize, or perhaps care, sometimes that when you heal them you're picking up their aggro and they need to take it back. I've had to say at the really major fates- take these adds off me or I can't heal anyone anymore.

Swapping to CS to keep the one DOT I have at my level up on the main target and hit it with DPS spells as I could, while having to stay out of CS and spam heals on the target, I was rewarded with Silver and I was pissed because I did as much work as anyone and as the only healer there, if I hadn't done that the main target would have died and everything would have gone awry, including a possible reset. It's not like there were a ton of parties there and it got zerged with me barely having any time to cast anything, was just a handful of people.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I was doing "The Eyes Have It" in Coerthas (the cyclops boss FATE) as an AST. I swear I raised 20-30 people, sometimes the same person multiple times, applied the one DoT I had and only got silver. Now granted, 95% of the time I was raising instead of healing or doing dmg but come on, Healers should get credit based on HP healed/raises performed. If a healer does no damage, but raises 30 people in the FATE, that should count for something.

If you want a guaranteed gold, be in a party.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Selahdis Gharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    100% Agree. I never knew healing didn't really count for jack in fates until I leveled my WHM. I've also heard, as someone said, it does if you heal party members but never really confirmed that?? I've seen people yelling when healers in fates aren't rezing/healing whoever is tanking but the way it is set up right now kinda punishes you for doing your job as a healer and encourages people to just spam stone etc rather than trying to heal and dps since you run the risk of getting a bronze or silver. I feel like if you are inside the fate zone and heal someone who took damage from a fate mob, it should count the same as if you dpsing/tanking a mob. That's just me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast