Player
    Character
    Leo Vanhalen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

A Realm Reborn. A totally different game

After all the talk about 2.0 before the servers closed. All i was expecting was really just a change in graphics, maps, new added raid content nd removal of speed runs, and also changes to some frequently complained about stuff like the market. However with every new video thats coming out it seems like ARR is looking like so much more. I was moved to write this after reading something big in the last ARR video where the dev said they were changing damage algorithms nd such. Thats huge!. That would mean changing caps, effectiveness of skills like attack power> strength or attack potency > int.

There was a lot of debate in my linkshell prior to 1.0 closing about whether or not it would be better to try getting really good gear b4 1.0 or selling all ur good stuff before it became worthless, Im guessing the latter faction might have been right now.

Either way, this thread wasn't all about ranting. I did have an actual question. You know how they said they're going to make material melding more casual?. *barf*. and gonna make single stat materia tiers?, meaning each tier of a kind of materia would have the same stat. What would happen to a lot of the gear pple already have in the game?.

To state my q with an example. Ive got a triple melding lightning brand. +15, +15, +20. melds, basically tier 334 top stat. I'm guessing they're going to average out the stats. and since tier 3 int is from 10 to 15 i think the avg would be 13, which would make my brand change to +13 +13 +18, losing me 6 int. QQ. Would all already melded gear be affected by the incoming change or will they be allowed to stay the same?.
    (0)
    Last edited by debola; 12-20-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'm guessing if you have a triple meld with 3 +15s and all TIVs become a static +20 then the materia you have melded would raise to +20.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kai Khada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Materia will go up to the highest value in each tier. If you have a +13 tier III it will be changed to +15, if you have a +16 tier IV it will become +20 and so on. You only stand to gain stats, in the worst case scenario you'll get +0 because you were running around with the highest value anyways.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sylkis Tea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Just pretend the level cap was raised.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Vanhalen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    oooh. nice Kai. ty for the info. now wishing i spam melded low level materia since they're all gonna be raised. QQ, but oh well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Yeah that's what I meant +16 >.>; been a few months since I played and thought TIV was 15-20 for some reason.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Angelas Diabolos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 60
    I am extremely excited after seeing the 7th video. It feels like a familiar game but still very new and different.. I like that alot
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiTBF View Post
    Materia will go up to the highest value in each tier. If you have a +13 tier III it will be changed to +15, if you have a +16 tier IV it will become +20 and so on. You only stand to gain stats, in the worst case scenario you'll get +0 because you were running around with the highest value anyways.
    lol if this is true ..i have an awesome +43INT hat waiting for me xD
    and the game been different.. Of course it will be different ..ARR will be the combination of a lot of new minds,styles and ways of thinking ...1.0 didn't have a BOOM!! change because the engine didn't allow it
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avgustin Narion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    If I remember correctly, even though gear is going to be easier to meld, the effectiveness of stat-stacking is going to decrease in ARR. That's why a lot of people didn't bother with triple melds by the end of 1.0.
    (0)