Player
    Character
    Munba Lunru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I'm totally with the OP on this.
    Additionally, i'd like to have several 'lost' books to find and obtain (by quests or riddles or something) around the world (in ruins, abbandoned hoses, caves, temples, etc.). And the possibility to put them in my personal Library in my House (Everquest 2 had it eheh). Some of these books could give us Lore about Eorzea or particular monsters, other books could give us some hints to find secret places or treasures (of course only if you find these books you'll be able to aquire those treasures.. internet cheating not-allowed lol!).

Another idea: you could have your personal lore book (empty at the beginning) to fill with several lore informations you acquire in several ways (not in the books): speaking with specific npcs, finding wall writing in temples or ruins and so on.

All of this could be linked with a new Achievement called "LORE".. with several steps to acquire special items (ex. treasure maps) and stuff.
    (5)
    Last edited by Munba; 01-20-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rowyne Olde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    As one of our resident lore-whores, I wholly support this. Content is a game's body, interaction is it's soul -- but lore is its character. It's a direct reflection of how much effort the team felt their creation was worth - whether they considered it more of a paycheck or more of a representation of their body of art.

It's hard to see in XIV at times due to the game being a disconnected series of individual "Once upon a time..."s, but the lore here is massive, and most of all it's cared for and loved - Ferne's posts really help drive that point home and, IMO, should prevent us from doubting this aspect of the game.
    Lore-whore is a term I often apply to myself. I'm glad to find another kindred spirit.

I wholeheartedly agree that there is actually some wonderful lore in (or rather surrounding) this game, but the problem is with the way it's presented. It should be spread across main scenario quests (which should, obviously, be story-heavy), sidequests (in shorter, lighter bits, so as not to overwhelm players with the 'wall of text' issues many have mentioned), and additional supplements for players who really enjoy this, such as flavor NPCs, books, monuments, and other optional outlets for players to actively seek.

There have also been a couple threads about race-specific settlements (which I'm also in favor of). I think this has been requested for lore reasons to get more background about Eorzea's inhabitants and understand the differences between each race's clans. But that's slightly off the topic at hand.

Right now, much of the game's lore must be accessed externally, through the FFXIV official site, the Lodestone, and the localization forums. Average players most likely won't go to such measures. Lore shouldn't be treated like a supplement, it should be an integral part of the game.

IMO, Eorzea has an empty feeling that could be remedied by making lore accessible in game, breathing life into the world in which our characters live. A library would be a great addition.

Player
    Character
    Forerunner Highwind
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Implimentation of cutscene replays should be housed here.

Each Class/Job combo get's it's own section.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Onion Guardian
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Elisuren
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Well if the Devs don't want to put this in, we should work on compiling our own library! I don't really know enough myself on how to do it but it would be something super fun to try.
    (0)

Player
    I just want a ingame bestiary. I don't care where or how I get it.
    (1)

Player
    Uldah (i picked Limsa Lominsa by mistake at phase 4!)
    Character
    Undie Nilleshna
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    i second the idea of a grand library being somewhere we can access all our cutscenes.....our memories embedded in crystals that can be recalled by a special viewer in the building......
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Loving it~!

Also, a quest line to find rare books for the library across Eorzea, or collect stories from NPCs. In a way, this could be woven into the bestiary option as well. The Great Library should have a monster compendium of sorts that the adventurers can help fill by collecting monster info through battling.
    (3)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Yes please. Hopefully you can actually read books that are more than 5 pages long too.

Edit: WITH pictures.
    (3)
    Last edited by Reika; 11-11-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wylhelm Hayward
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Supported.
    Lore-related objects, targets, even scholars to talk to, who will randomly provide information about the happenings prior to the battle for Eorzea in Mor Dhona, about the now-past Sixth Umbral Era would be incredibly appreciated.
    Not just for us to remember, relive old adventures and refresh our memories, but also for the newcomers to the game, so they may be up-to-date with the events, but in a complete way. Or maybe just because the spark of curiosity ignites their spirits. After all, many of us used to read the interactive tomes in games such as WoW or Ultima Online. Why not on FFXIV: ARR as well ?
    Once more, supported.
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast