Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig land

So is it ever gonna pop or am I just wasting my time?

(7)

Player
    Character
    Powercow Cowcow
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Just give it a couple more minutes!
    (16)
    If someone wins an argument, they have learned nothing.

FOR DOCKHAND!

Character
    Muhau Nbolo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    You only have J selected in Languages.

You're on Malboro, which is in the NA/EU Data Groupings.

You created your own problem by not selecting more language groups.
    (32)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    1. Select all language options
    2. If your queue lasts twice longer than average wait time, requeue. It works in mysterious ways, but always helps.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    You only have J selected in Languages.

You're on Malboro, which is in the NA/EU Data Groupings.

You created your own problem by not selecting more language groups.
    If he doesn't speak the other languages he shouldn't tick them. Now I assume he speaks english according to this post and his client is in english.

What I really wanted to say was, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH DO NOT TICK "E". I only have E ticked because I want people to understand me in dungeons if we are having problems, but almost always I get the "sorry no enlis" when I try to explain why we just wiped or something

And people speak in french or german in chat. There's an option for that so I wish people would use it.
    Or oor, we should be allowed to kick players who doesn't follow the language rule
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Rynia Tenendora
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post
    If he doesn't speak the other languages he shouldn't tick them. Now I assume he speaks english according to this post and his client is in english.

What I really wanted to say was, IF YOU DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH DO NOT TICK "E". I only have E ticked because I want people to understand me in dungeons if we are having problems, but almost always I get the "sorry no enlis" when I try to explain why we just wiped or something

And people speak in french or german in chat. There's an option for that so I wish people would use it.
    Or oor, we should be allowed to kick players who doesn't follow the language rule
    It is depressing when you only tick E, but still get into a full party of people speaking French or German =/ Dunno if it's a derp of the DF or people just ticking everything for faster queues, but it does make communication super hard.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Miranda Madison
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Become a master of auto translate. And average wait time is misleading. Don't go by that.
    (3)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post
    There's also the option to select more than one language. Some of us do know more than one language.
    (5)

Player

pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig pigzig land
    I hadn't noticed that only the Japanese language was selected. Thanks for pointing that out. No idea how that happened.

Edit: After selecting all languages it popped in a matter of minutes.
    (7)
    Last edited by _Pigzig; 08-01-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Character
    Muhau Nbolo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilite View Post
    Become a master of auto translate. And average wait time is misleading. Don't go by that.
    100% this.

I honestly understand why you wouldn't want people in your party who don't speak the same language, even with a great tool like the auto-translate feature. As silly as it may sound, in FFXI, I made some great Japanese friends by using auto translate and I honestly felt it was amazing to help build a bridge between two cultures. But I get that a lot of people want ease of communication.

Hell - you'll probably roll your eyes at this, but I actually made friends with gilsellers in that game too. Because as a Bard I had to camp an NM that dropped both a Rare/EX item and an item that sold for a decent amount. I asked politely if we could party up using the auto-translate. The Minstrel's Tunic was Rare/EX Drop from the NM and I promised them I'd pass on the item that was sellable if they'd be able to help me out, too. Though to be fair - in that game, competition was fierce. Fighting them for the drop wasn't going to be in my benefit.

It was a different experience.

Though hell, I guess people would rather use the auto translate how they want to full thrust inside the miqo'te rear entrance and internal release their fluid aura. <.<

Long and the short of it is, I would hate to miss out on playing with people just because we don't speak the same language.

====

Regardless, as far as the OP is concerned for the one who quoted me. He posted on the NA forums. In English. And is on an NA/EU data Center (Molboro.) At the very least, selecting E/D/F (Earth Defense Force!) would probably help him. <.<
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast