Player
    Character
    Kai Ulric
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyRae View Post
    Obviously, Gridania is desperate to lure anyone they can away from Ul'Dah's GC. If wearing a provocative dress in a promotional poster is what it takes for Kan-E-Senna to save her country, so be it
    I don't know, last time I looked at the grand companies poll that someone put up on the official forums Grid was ahead of LL and Ul'dah... I think Kan-E-Senna is gonna be just fine! Heehee.

=3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kidd Ikuto
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    looking at the new pic.. i think i will reconsider Gridania..

Player
    Character
    Renshi Hyatsuki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I was just browsing some Japanese users' Lodestone pages, and I found this, wanting to share it with everybody

Join the Twin Adder, Now!
    Props to Buront Uchouten (Gysahl)
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    A type forest dweller that looks like a child with horns on his head.
    "In Gridania, there are those blessed by the forest. They are known as the Padjal. the touch of the elementals causes horns to sprout from their heads. They are ageless children, fluent in the tongue of the forest. It is the stuff of faerie tales, no?

So all the Padjal are kids so it's not her that someone else.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    You guys should remember these are posters not photos of the characters. That means someone made them so its possible the artist in the context of the story decided to do some modifications to make Kan-E-Senna more appealing. Like painters would do with royalty and nobles etc
    (2)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 10-04-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Liona Leoncoeur
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Well, even thou is just a poster, no matter what it doesn't resembles anyone :P

Ppl think too deep into it haha
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aeriscloud Scherwiz
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I thought maybe it was supposed to be mother nature.
    (0)

Player

I think that this woman just symbolizes gridania to arms- The weapons she holds and the nature colours make it plausible
    examples of this use:
    http://athens.indymedia.org/local/we...elacroix10.jpg <- freedom
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rLoTIBt4A1...E%B7%CF%82.jpg <- greece
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yumi Hibiki
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Scherwiz View Post
    I thought maybe it was supposed to be mother nature.
    oh i guess i get whats so great about being "in the bosom of nature" then ^~^

btw i looked at kan e sennas art again and i start to think that this hair decoration are horns as well, kinda like moose antlers
    (0)
    Last edited by Yumi_Hibiki; 10-04-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Hello, all!

This is Fernehalwes from the Localization team. Some of you may know me from such posts as "Thanks! That bug will we fixed in the coming patch!" and "Great catch! The erroneous comma will be removed and reflected in patch 1.XXa!"

I've also been known (once in a blue moon) to post juicy tidbits of Eorzean lore, which was why I was called upon to address the issue of the Gridanian Grand Company poster released earlier this month.

There has been much speculation that the...er...well-endowed woman depicted could be the Elder Seedseer, Kan-E-Senna. However, as has been pointed out by many an astute fan, the woman in the poster lacks the telltale horns seen on Padjals. So, who then, could this goddess-like figure be?

Well it turns out that it actually is a goddess--the guardian deity of Gridania, in fact.

(From the Character Creation screen)

"Nophica, tender of soils and harvests and goddess of abundance, is the guardian deity of Gridania. She commands the element of earth and is associated with the eleventh moon of the Eorzean calendar. Nophica is the daughter of Azeyma, and the younger sister of Llymlaen. She is most often depicted as a jubilant farmer holding a scythe of steel. Her symbol is the spring leaf."

(From residents of Eorzea)

"The Twelveswood is a vast forest set aside just for the elementals by the Matron, Nophica. It was here long before we came, and will remain long after we are gone."

"Just as Nophica's bounty helps Her children to grow, so too does the blessing of experience help young men and women grow into noble servants of the land."

"Do you not know that hymn of Nophica? It's an old favorite among farmers and harvesters.
    Sun's sweet smile and wind's cool breath♪
    Both of these I send thee♪
    To ripe thy fruit and spread thy seed♪
    And nourish those that tend thee.♪"

In short, Nophica is a mother-figure associated with bountiful harvests, fertility, and nature...hence the tendency for artists to incorporate these themes into her appearance and...er, physique.

I hope that clears everything up!
    See you all again in the Localization forums!
    (108)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast