Player
    Character
    Kayu Lynette
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LucienFaust View Post
    I know right but one thing I have realized it's usualy the same 5-10 people complaining they really should you look elswhere to find a game that is right for them rather then trying to keep this place down in the dumps I for one I like to go on reddit a lot more fun there that is for sure. I for one enjoy this game a lot and I look forward to what other content they add in future patches that story cliffhanger!
    I think the funniest part of it all is some people who are talking like this poster.
    Joined this game 2-3 months ago but the rest of us who has been here since even early phases of 2.0 have been on the same treadmill and expected new.
    I barely listen to you new folks.
    I have been here since beta so your point is invalid usually only come here to see if there is any new info or on reddit funny though how you try to make an asumption though.
    Alright my bad then.
    Point still stands.
    Many Newbies try and defend the hell out of this game and only been here a few months.
    We can express our dislikes if we want to. Could always go back to Reddit and get away from our 'complaints'.
    (7)
    Last edited by Mhikail; 08-01-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Helios Etoilefilante
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    PVP has been a joke since day one and people getting to glamour armour they don't have rank for but still unable to use it in the still crap PVP. Crap is crap no matter how you shine it up.

Gold Saucer is not, in any shape or form meant to be serious. The only valid reasons to even do it is if you're an achievement whore or just want to take a break from normal game play without actually taking a break from the game itself. Honestly, rewards outside of monetary ruined Gold Saucer because now people feel entitled to new, shiny rewards when something new comes along.

Variety is the spice of life but too much spice ruins the dish. Whether it is glamours or game play you get what they give. Ultimately the only changes they are obliged to make to anything is if it causes: 1. a halt in the game's playability. 2. cheating in its various forms to occur. Square Enix, no, the development team for FFXIV is not required to do anything outside of what their bosses say. We may pay to play but that doesn't entitle us to make unruly demands on already strained time. Gender locked gear will continue to be a thing for as long as they wish it to be so and if they want to reskin things to save time and money that's their prerogative. I pay taxes but I can't go to the state trooper's HQ and demand to be allowed to drive an officer's charger.

Crafting was never meant to provide end game caliber equipment. I admit crafting in and of itself is annoying, but then we come back to the inevitable truth that this is Square's game. The quickest way to deal with the housing issue from a realistic standpoint is to forget about it's existence. It's nothing more than overpriced glamour and is entirely useless to the community save for free companies with workshops. You'd be better off buying a room in your free company house. I have no idea why it is that people want to spend unGodly amounts on housing.

It makes no sense to me when people complain about things like gear treadmill this or weekly cap that. Yoshida gave you the reason why and people kep saying it over and over again. To put it bluntly in regards to everything in general 95% of this game's player base have better things to do with their time than to run hundreds if not thousands of the same dungeons, kill the same monsters or whatever it is you wish to be the "bestest they can be" in make believe. And for what? a sense of accomplishment? A new shiny toy that was hardly better than what was used before? Or maybe because their self esteem is so pitiful they need people never met before and most likely never will in real life to think they're cool. Want to know what a real accomplishment is now-a-days? It's making it through the sick, sadistic, greed fueled, entitled, dog-eat-dog world just one more day and have your wife, husband, child or family/friends say "Thank you, I love you." When you take a step back from the computer or console and think about it and I mean really think about it, all this complaining about a game you got no control over WHATSOEVER will seem exceptionally stupid. You don't go over to your neighbor's house and demand they cut their grass the way you want because it's not your lawn. Same rule applies here.

TL;DR Don't make demands of something that doesn't belong to you. No matter how you word it: petition, riot, or whatever you choose to describe it as generally gets you nothing or the polar opposite of what you were after to begin with. They don't care if you leave and will probably be glad to have one less overzealous, unjustifiably angry person to deal with. Your wants are no better than everyone else's and definitely do not trump the master plan of the game. (BTW I was calm the entire time I typed this out ;p)
    (0)
    Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.

Player
    Character
    Ayaminae Yirien
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux_Rayna View Post
    It takes like 10 major patches to produce the amount of content that 2.0 finished with. You can't seriously expect a bunch of new things to do on the patch that introduces the expansion.
    I mean if this was 3.5-3.9 I could see the gripe.
    >_> Which wouldn't be so much of an issue if they didn't outdate everything as fast as it comes out, which by the time all that stuff is here, new expansion comes out and no one will do all the things that were added, back to 2.0 again. It shouldn't have been reset to less content than we had in 2.0, it should have built off of it and had more variety near the start. As of right now, a lot of us feel like we wasted $40 - $120, for what equals to about a 3-4 month update, rather than an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhikail View Post
    I think the funniest part of it all is some people who are talking like this poster.
    Joined this game 2-3 months ago but the rest of us who has been here since even early phases of 2.0 have been on the same treadmill and expected new.
    I barely listen to you new folks.
    ^ This. I give it a year or so before they're back here with us, talking about how 4.0 is 3.0, which is actually 2.0
    (2)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 08-01-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I know right but one thing I have realized it's usualy the same 5-10 people complaining they really should you look elswhere to find a game that is right for them rather then trying to keep this place down in the dumps I for one I like to go on reddit a lot more fun there that is for sure. I for one enjoy this game a lot and I look forward to what other content they add in future patches that story cliffhanger!
    That's what it might seem like, but off the forums, in my FC, in telegram, skype, all the people I know who play are all agreeing with me. Most of them do not even bother to log in anymore. They are just too lazy to come here and voice their opinion and they feel SE won't listen. It is a lot more then you think heh.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Neliel Tu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I have been here since beta so your point is invalid usually only come here to see if there is any new info or on reddit funny though how you try to make an asumption though.
    (2)

Character
    Talia Hailwind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiryuukishi View Post
    Or maybe because their self esteem is so pitiful they need people never met before and most likely never will in real life to think they're cool. Want to know what a real accomplishment is now-a-days? It's making it through the sick, sadistic, greed fueled, entitled, dog-eat-dog world just one more day and have your wife, husband, child or family/friends say "Thank you, I love you." When you take a step back from the computer or console and think about it and I mean really think about it, all this complaining about a game you got no control over WHATSOEVER will seem exceptionally stupid. You don't go over to your neighbor's house and demand they cut their grass the way you want because it's not your lawn. Same rule applies here.

TL;DR Don't make demands of something that doesn't belong to you. No matter how you word it: petition, riot, or whatever you choose to describe it as generally gets you nothing or the polar opposite of what you were after to begin with. They don't care if you leave and will probably be glad to have one less overzealous, unjustifiably angry person to deal with. Your wants are no better than everyone else's and definitely do not trump the master plan of the game. (BTW I was calm the entire time I typed this out ;p)
    Not sure if that was directed at me, but for someone ranting about not telling people what to do, you sure do alot of just that.

At the end of the day the game may not be real, but the fun people have on it is.
    This thread was intended to voice the things that are effecting everyone, not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryuukishi View Post
    TL;DR Don't make demands of something that doesn't belong to you.
    So your saying to the hundreds of subscription players that are paying for the game they brought that they have no say on the game they forked out their hard earn money for?

Theres a reason the forum is here and its for the game, not your sob story about how hard life is.
    (I hear enough of that crap from the old guys at work thank you)
    (4)
    Last edited by Talia_Hailwind; 08-01-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Neliel Tu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I understand critisim is needed that is for sure, for one I wish the cap for tomes was higher that way I could work on my other jobs as well. The main thing I enjoy a lot is the story and lore which I thinks keeps it true to what FF is. Hope the op does find motivation wether it be here or elsewhere.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Talia_Hailwind View Post
    Shame on you Square Enix.

You've taken all the time people spent waiting in queues to obtain that PvP glamor and made it naught.

Why on earth would I want to do PvP now?
    So you can waste my time again?
    No.

(I don't even like your new healer gear glamor anyway.
    Its just another bland robe again.)
    Wouldn't a real PvP player be doing it for the love of PvP?

It's not just about getting nice glamors that your friends don't have...
    (1)

Character
    Talia Hailwind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    Wouldn't a real PvP player be doing it for the love of PvP?

It's not just about getting nice glamors that your friends don't have...
    True, but with the lack of unique glamors in game you'll be surprised how many people do PvP for just that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Talia_Hailwind; 08-01-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Character
    Talia Hailwind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I just want to thank people for the positive responses, I do enjoy the game, it just saddens me to see Square let the game have these problems and not deal with them after so many threads have been made about them.
    (5)

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast