(0)

Player
    Character
    Shino Takeda
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 62
    Nope, a big fat nope, if SE goes F2P I'm out of here.
    (0)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    No. The day they announce this game goes F2P, is the day I terminate all services on my account.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leowald Chestwood
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    One major reason I came to FFXIV is because IT IS NOT a F2P kind. I prefer to pay my monthly fee. It's more honest than the free 2 login model. FFXIV became a huge success as a subscription model. I highly doubt the F2P will help. It will not help. For a brief of time maybe we will have more players but only temporarily. Then the mass exodus from angry kids who can't spend enough money to compete and the old loyal player base and fans who will be pissed will begin. Some games are successful as F2P but FFXIV is not one of them and it is not designed to be one. I prefer to hold my mouse and keyboard with my hands and not my debit card. FFXIV must stay as it is and focus on content and community.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pterois Volitans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    i would stay to see the way they do it and promptly realize that there is no good way TO do F2P... 10/10 would quit sadly.
    (1)
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Player
    Character
    Last Hero
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    *Probably* not, but would depend on how well they manage it. Already we're a hybrid so the question really is what will people do if they take the full F2P plunge. I foresee them nickel and diming us (even more) on Inventory, so that's a big strike. I don't play Neverwinter because of that. Vanity items I don't care much about, but I also see SE putting all the best armor models in the cash shop and not really doing good designs outside of it, so another strike. The other thing I see them doing is putting Housing under some sort of pay model.Their apparent refusal to even consider instanced housing for players makes me wonder if they are holding onto this model in hopes of monetizing it in the event the game starts to lose more subs than it requires to turn a profit.

So I guess that probably is leaning more toward a nah, not worth it.

In any event, we've got a long way to go before we're in any danger of this going F2P. They've screwed up, but not badly enough to warrant the kinds of Mass Exodus events games like Rift and WoW have recently enjoyed.
    (0)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Souljacker View Post
    *Probably* not, but would depend on how well they manage it. Already we're a hybrid so the question really is what will people do if they take the full F2P plunge.
    Given the minute revenue stream the 'cash store' represents compared to the subscriptions, I really can't agree that FFXIV is a hybrid already.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elise Marie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Hmm.. not too sure.

I like the subscription model for a few reasons..

1. I like Square Enix and Final Fantasy so I'm happy to give them money
    2. It's not that much money
    3. It entitles me to customer support
    4. It guarantees I can progress well without in app purchases which can add up to more than the subscription even
    5. There are no adverts
    6. I play with other serious players who are invested in the game too so less likely to do silly things or risk their accounts cheating.

I'm sure there are pluses of free to play too, but I'm really happy with it as it is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Z'nnah Silverbane
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Probably would quit if the game went F2P.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Can we bury this thread for the next 2-3 months again until the next necromancer come?
    (0)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast