Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavieh View Post
    Stop this. The Math has proven that GB off at time is beneficial and it isn't really all that difficult. What is difficult is adjusting to it and you will never adjust to it if you hide behind such petty excuses for your laziness.
    Yet my numbers show relatively similar, if not lower numbers with nearly identical procs on a straight test. Math and actual practice are two entirely different aspects. It's not more difficult but it certainly allows for more slip ups, and some fights won't go your way to justify locking yourself into GB for the remaining 15 seconds after the fact.
    (0)

Player

thats what feint is for
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ellunavi Sevald
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceisNice View Post
    Yet my numbers show relatively similar, if not lower numbers with nearly identical procs on a straight test. Math and actual practice are two entirely different aspects. It's not more difficult but it certainly allows for more slip ups, and some fights won't go your way to justify locking yourself into GB for the remaining 15 seconds after the fact.
    Even given good RNG taking GB off when there are no buffs up, oGCD's to pop and lead shot is up there will never be a downside to taking off GB. Math is reliable, testing things out in actual practice is where you will find inconsistencies while the Math on the matter is absolute.

Just as BLM's have to learn Fights, MCH and BRD's need to learn fights and you can easily figure out the moments where you have to pull GB off to specifically handle mechanics and when you can take it off just to deal more damage. Worst case you can easily just use Feint if you have to dodge and completely miss a cast. I have yet to find a situation where I feel pressured to use Feint and I stance dance when I find the moment opportune.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Rice and Lavieh, you both have it correct actually. Generally speaking, there's not many situations (yet) that I feel it necessary to stance dance, but when I do, it's absolutely right for the situation. The movement heavy mini-phase of Ravana Ex and A3's add phase are prime examples. Yes, I can do the A3 adds with it, but for pure speed of DPS on adds, Gauss off works perfectly well for me. And in Rav Ex, when running with tethers, I can still freely DPS while in motion.

All in all, it's situational. And while most situations don't necessarily call for Gauss NOT to be on, there are a few, and it's all about adapting on the fly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I believe by stance dancing he means to turn it off unless Gauss Round, Ricochet, buffs, or Lead Shot need to be recast. Just seems to add another complicated thing to keep track of for an already somewhat complicated job, resulting in minor gains (or even losses if not played perfectly).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naesala L'arachel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethanil View Post
    GCD is 2s, Gauss Barrel cast time is also 2s. So 4s are used, one shot base (for example) 400 damage. GB gives +30% (30% of 400 = 120) total shot value 520.
    Comparatively, 2 shots in 4s without GB. Each shot base 400 damage. 800 damage total.
    How is maintaining a 100% uptime a DPS gain? Just due to the fact that our Split shot is such a minuscule percentage of our total damage (assuming random proc doesn't screw us)

:')
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2