Player
    Character
    Domik Orn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Question about Monk

Hi, I'm extremely new to trying to do dps in this game.. the two classes I've come to enjoy most are the ninja, and the monk. I tend to lean more towards the monk, just because I kinda feel like a dragonball character. I've watched videos on their rotations and stuff at 60, but I simply feel at the lower levels, 36, I struggle through solo content, and even feel like I'm not doing much damage in dungeons.

Not being able to do the positionals while soloing is annoying as well. Just simply want to know if it truly is worth my frustration in the end, or if I'd be better suited to other things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thanix Caelus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Monk is incredibly fun and quite competitive in the end. It's by far and away my favorite class to play, but in solo content it is probably at its worst. A big issue is at around 30~35 a lot of other jobs begin getting their big power spikes and some defining abilities whereas Monk doesn't see this until level 40 with the ability to stack Greased Lightning up to 3 stacks from 2 and the addition of Fists of Fire which is an additional static 5% damage increase. Basically, a 14% increase at 40 when it's all said and done. If you can stomach the crappy levels ahead and make it to 50+, though, Monk stands at the peak of competitive damage and is a blast to play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zami Terrechant
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    monk will always have problems with solo content just because of class design, they are the only class that has positionals on almost every attack, but they are one of the most valued at end game if your good with the class.

for solo content the best you can usually do is avoid casted aoe and get positionals off there, and utilize your stun to get a few positionals also.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dawn Scarlet
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Yeah once we get GL3 monks are pretty amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5sdJSPL1Vs
    Basically this is how I feel. Start at 2:06. He gets GL3 at 2:23. (Hajime no Ippo spoilers)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Domik Orn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Thank you all kindly for all the replies. I'll just stick it out till at least 40+ and see how it goes from there.
    (0)