Player
    Character
    Tolli Vir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryTail View Post
    Here is a video due to many requests for Astrologian PoV A1 Savage.

Enjoy
    Could you post some videos of you doing this in Nocturnal Sect?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiraan Kosmos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    This video is funny because it actually highlight the problems of AST...

- He actually used 3 AoE heal ( aspected helios ) during the whole fight because lets be real if he did more, he wouldn't have any mana anymore .

- He used Celestial opposition to extend his own mana regen buff, not for the party. ( because its probably the best use at the moment, which is sad)

- The real healers of the fight are the SCH and Eos ( props to Eos, very good job!)

- 80% of collective unconscious potency is wasted everytime because people need to move

- spamming benefic is so fun!
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Lady Rewind
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by kiraan View Post
    - He actually used 3 AoE heal ( aspected helios ) during the whole fight because lets be real if he did more, he wouldn't have any mana anymore .
    -Gasp- You mean AST isn't actually a mini-WHM and is meant to be played differently? Or maybe he trusted his raid group enough or understood that over time health regen will be enough to top the raid? Fancy that.
    - He used Celestial opposition to extend his own mana regen buff, not for the party. ( because its probably the best use at the moment, which is sad)
    So he didn't get the best opportunity to use CO. That's unfortunate but it's the same with assize - sometimes its used just from MP regen rather than the damage or heal.

- 80% of collective unconscious potency is wasted everytime because people need to move
    Not any different from Sacred Soil (but the function in diurnal stance is different, so it is different in the point of its actual usage) or Sacred Prism.

- The real healers of the fight are the SCH and Eos ( props to Eos, very good job!)
    Please really? It's no different from other A1 clears where the WHM heals one tank and the SCH heals the other tank. Props to the healing duo (trio) for working together and trusting each other.

- spamming benefic is so fun!
    Spamming physick/cure (variations) also fun.
    (6)
    Last edited by Rewind; 07-31-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kiraan Kosmos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Let's play the quote game!

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    -Gasp- You mean AST isn't actually a mini-WHM and is meant to be played differently? Or maybe he trusted his raid group enough or understood that over time health regen will be enough to top the raid? Fancy that..
    Trust? No, just NO, its just not efficient at all to use AoE as AST, and you have no CD to boost the potency either. AoE are in the base healing kit of every healer. When i play AST, i'm trying to avoid doing them as much as i can because i don't have the mana safety of SCH, or the increase potency of WHM. If for you AST should just put some regen here and there, and let your healing partner carry you, i don't know what to say

So he didn't get the best opportunity to use CO. That's unfortunate but it's the same with assize - sometimes its used just from MP regen rather than the damage or heal..
    Problem is, its not "sometimes" in this case, its always and with assize you can at least heal at least 2 people with it, but if you actually need it right away, you didnt use it proactively and healed people at the same time but thats another issue.

Not any different from Sacred Soil or Sacred Prism..
    Totally irrelevant, He is in diurnal so i don't know why you try to compare heals over time and damage reduction. AST can't do anything else at all when they use it.

Please really? It's no different from other A1 clears where the WHM heals one tank and the SCH heals the other tank. Props to the healing duo (trio) for working together and trusting each other..
    Its actually different as in its much safer to use WHM/SCH. They were so much times when people were at 5-10% and wouldn't be healed until Eos healed

Spamming physick/cure (variations) also fun.
    I'll give you this one!
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Spanky Mcdoogal
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Lycoris it isbecause astro is not a whitemage. They are not played like a white mage. Since aspected benefic is a burstish regen its basically ahalf potency benefic with a regen you can use it to supplement the aoe healing by having rolling hots and spot healing. An astro is meant to assist the group in anyway, by a player by player basis . Based on the cards you have every card is usedin some situation and spot healing ismore MP efficient than spamming a lower potency Medica.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lycoris Selunis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Arragomis View Post
    Lycoris it isbecause astro is not a whitemage. They are not played like a white mage. Since aspected benefic is a burstish regen its basically ahalf potency benefic with a regen you can use it to supplement the aoe healing by having rolling hots and spot healing. An astro is meant to assist the group in anyway, by a player by player basis . Based on the cards you have every card is usedin some situation and spot healing ismore MP efficient than spamming a lower potency Medica.
    I know ast isn't a whm. What I mean is why use only those spells? A single helios or aspect helios is cheaper than 4 aspect benefic. Sch isn't exactly the greatest aoe spammer either, having to use eos' hot cd, a cd to make succor all heals and not shields, or an aetherflow for indom. Each healer casting one aoe heal seems more efficient than one having to use two, or one aoeing and the other using enough single target to have used more mp than that one aoe would have cost.

And I really don't buy into the range thing. Medica2 is the ONLY aoe heal that big, whm's other two aoe heals, all of sch aoe heals, and ast aoe heals are ALL 15y. Sure we can't increase the potency like a whm can. I'm not saying to spam it. I am saying you can probably use more than one or two aoe heals and still be ok.

But I don't have a static to do savage with, so what do I know /sarcasm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Koopa Troopa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I'm confused with this thread. The general consensus was AST can do savage but a WHM can just do it better.

I saw some party members were on the brink of death many times, and the AST had to single heal ( to conserve mana) instead of AoE which a WHM would be doing. I'm happy to see a video of an AST completed a floor of savage but dang that was too scary. I've seem much safer videos with a WHM.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Akyio Tayin
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    The game was a GG but it just showed how SCH with Eos carried the healing in a well-organized party.
    AST took care of 2 people: tank and himself, while SCH+Eos took care of 5 people + himself. That pretty much says it all.
    So AST took a role of a secondary healer, throwing arrow cards on some DPS and stuff. But if that "secondary healer" was another SCH with selene, everything would've been less dangerous and more smooth.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Avens Cook
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Right, the video just basically showed that AST can keep alive a tank and himself (With some very dangerous situations where the tank dropped on 1 HP).

SCH mainly did all the rest (6 People) pretty safely, so props for him.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Avalon Planewalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Arragomis View Post
    FIery is the best astro in the game atm. Showing that a good player who knows the class well can do all current content with it. Hes an amazing player and showing people that astro arent bad.. people are used to white mage carrying bad players. or scholars carrying bad dps.
    so what your saying is that while the other two healing classes can carry mistakes, the AST cannot while still being on the same level as the other healers?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM im beginning to see an issue here.
    (11)
    EU servers are coming when Square?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast