Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonThunder View Post
    RMT is a massive problem in the economy too. A lot of people saying how nothing is worth more than around 100k? Honestly, you're right.

Unfortunately all it took was a handful of people who decided to sell things at insane prices and another handful buying RMT because they wanted the item just that bad. How much bad money do you think has come into the game from people buying Gil and then run-sellers taking them?
    wondering what will happen if RMT bots were removed , just the shard market
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zeon Darksol
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I say stop bringing up this subject.
    You undercut also which defeats making a thread about it, you drop price people are going to regardless and you saying you don't is a full blown lie and you know it.

If you undercut they will do it back 10 fold, then there are people out there who buy up the undercut value and re-sell for top Gil price, some just don't care cause they have enough gil and when they get a item less than what they make they throw it up for any price so this shouldn't even be a topic.

Cause it will never change, you can't change people.

Not trying to be mean about it but its true. I mean if you say I only do it cause they do it and they will say the same thing.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zeonx; 08-29-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Melondra Lorena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Blind the MB plain and simple, they were told by the Alpha and beta testers this type of system would destroy the economy, but you have all the fan boys out there saying there is nothing wrong. Said it once ill say it again, and it was mentioned by many other players ""Final Fantasy XIV online has the most volatile economy I have ever seen in a mmo." End qote. Seeing the price history of the last items sold is one thing but being able to see every listing price for ever player on the board will cause massive deflation. This is the system you fan-boys wanted this is the system you got,even though those of us that actually played many MMO had objected to this type of economy.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Justin Tymes
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    I'm willing to undercut anything I craft to by thousands, because it's criminal to be selling even HQ < level 50 gear at prices like 20K+ gil.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yumi Umi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Try undercutting my 2 star crafts oh wait don't think anyone can afford to try that lmao gg.
    Stop selling what others r selling and start selling things ppl aren't selling! Gillllllllll
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    the market is nothing else than an reversed auction where the seller drops the price until someone buys. if you want to make money you have to undercut.

but if someone undercuts me every 2 mins i will drop the price by a huge amount. just to annoy him as many as he annoys me xD if all went good he will drop the price too, someone buys his stuff (probably me xD) and i will increase the price again...

i also drop the price when nobody buys the stuff after a while. i only have 2 retainers. every slot with an item i can't sell is a wasted slot. sell the items fast and you have space for the next item
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    This should be easy for anyone to figure out if they think about it.

If you say you can actually go look on the marketboard and *yourself see* the item was undercut by that much, then that says something in particular. That even though someone undercut you by maybe a huge sum, it's still not sold yet. Also, if you are saying that this happens all the time, then we are talking about items that are fairly easy to make or easy to obtain otherwise. Supply and Demand dictate an items actual value. In this case, supply is far large than the demand. If something is offered at half the price and someone didn't pick it up in a heartbeat, then they didn't actually need or want it.

On the other hand, to suggest a sort of secret society of sellers trying to help each other out and keep prices high... that sounds like something a corporation would get into legal trouble for right? What if all the cable companies decided to work together or maybe just merge to keep cable internet prices high and not try to compete with each other and.... oh wait that already happened in the USA... ; ;
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Melondra View Post
    they were told by the Alpha and beta testers this type of system would destroy the economy
    Well, then it's a good thing they knew better than to listen to those idiots. Just because some people who have no clue what they're talking about say something does not mean that the company should follow their advice. The system works fine as it is, and drastic undercutting is an essential part of that. The economy needs people who will drop prices down to what they're really worth and stop the greedy suppliers who try to lock prices up to ensure 10 minutes of work can make them hundreds of thousands of gil. No, your time is not worth that much. Not if other players are willing to spend the same 10 minutes and charge a more reasonable price for it.
    (1)

Character
    V'aleera Lhuil
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 79
    I constantly undercut by 1 gil when selling consumables on the MB. When trying to sell your goods there are two prime factors involved in moving product: quality and visibility. Because there are only two possible tiers of quality (and sometimes only one) then what truly matters is visibility. Why should I price a good at the same cost as every other seller and simply have my goods mired in one long list when I can have them prominently made the very first thing a buyer will see for the mere price of a single gil?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Brilliance
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    The problem is not people that undercut, the problem lies itself on the crafting system which is totally broken as i explained here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...n-some-advices

Kinda weird nobody cared to answer or share opinions but i believe that is the reason why market is getting flooded by items > undercut.
    (0)

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast