Player
    Character
    Ithil'lina Bilnol
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Lets Talk About UNDERCUTTERS!!!!

I mean, come on, we all have done it once in a while, undercutting someone by a few gil, just to get the quicker sale.. i speak of the people who sit there and undercut by hundreds, or thousands of gil, forcing prices to where its not even worth selling an item anymore, and just better off vendoring it off. We ALL want to make money, can't we all work together and come to some agreement?? Lets work together, and find a fair medium to charge at base minimum so that everyone can have a fair share at making some money.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    I hear you and agree totally. Nothing we can do really, people are free to do what they want. All we can do is control the market and teach them a lesson...but who has the time or energy for it. We can buy them out and lose some money up front but try to ensure a "fair" market value. Does not always work though...It is just something we will always have to deal with.
    (0)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player
    Character
    Knot Destroyer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    "We want our stuff sold faster!" - Undercutter
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Destomius Masteron
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    If the supply really is limited and you get undercut by that much, you could always buy out the undercutter's items then resell them for your own price.
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Ellie Fredericksen
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I have seem some HORRIBLE undercutting lately, like really bad stuff. Say something almost clears out on the MB, and before it was selling for 70k. Now its at 150k. You and a select few are trying to keep those prices high and theeeen comes the people that go OH HELL NO IMA SELL DIS RIGHT NOW! jfwjbfbgnf 40k!. When people do this it ends up selling for less which in turn drops the price way below what it was before. And i don't understand why people feel they need to list things for soo much less than everybody else, it just pisses people off and drives the economy down, aren't we all here to make money?, obviously said undercutters are or they wouldn't undercut just to get their gil lickety-split
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shadry Stone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    I like the undercutters keeps the price low for me.
    (61)

Player
    Character
    Doranaux Wavemet
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Undercutting is a necessary evil I'm first in line to curse at players who undercut my items, but I'm also the first one to cheer when I see expensive items dropping in price. I've got my eye on the Fat Cat market right now hoping for some undercutting, while at the same time I'm hoping the one other armorer with a HQ Adamantite Lorica of fending doesn't get any funny ideas.
    (6)
    A true paladin... will sheathe his sword.

Player
    Character
    Allyrion Windwalker
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    The worst is when they undercut equal to or below the vendor sell price.
    Though that's probably just RMT, I know there are some players that do it legitimately or at least follow suit.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I can understand heavy undercutting on items that are priced so high they barely move, but I'll never understand why people make insane cuts on goods that sell quickly. Unfortunately there's nothing SE can do about jackassery and if you confront the undercutter they'll just give you a laundry list of nonsensical reasons for why they do it. If they undercut by enough it's best to just buy them out and relist and move on.
    (4)
    Am I even allowed to be this strong?

Player
    Character
    Ayaminae Yirien
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I agree, its stupid how people jack the prices way down and make things worthless :/

Know what'd fix this pretty quickly?

Tax, huge amounts of tax when you put an item up, not for when it's sold. That would stop people from changing their price every 10 minutes. You could even get to the point of a higher tax the greater the difference of the price you listed compared to the lowest it's selling for. Example? Item for 150k, someone puts it up for 149k, gets hit with like 3k tax, maybe not that much, but just an example. Someone tries to be smart and puts it up for 50k, gets hit with a 100k tax. That would fix those people quickly lol If you're going to make an item worthless and contribute to killing the economy, you should have to pay the consequences.

Or you know, just do it like XI, you can't see how much people are selling it for, just what it sold for last. SE did it right there, I can count the number of times I've been undercut on XI like XIV does... on 1 finger

Just think, if let's say there was plenty of housing space. Without idiots undercutting like this, housing would be reasonably priced, if you could actually sell something higher than 5k
    (11)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 07-28-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast