Character
    Gladiator Boocraft
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60

Why are duties insane hard?

Doing the limitless blue (hard)

Can't even continue through the story because the wipes are next level. Every group votes to abandon. Why did they make the main scenario clear duties so difficult for newbies?

To be clear... this place is easy. But for some reason people die before half way through the phase or the dps clear phases die too slow. Wish addons existed to see why the dps is low.

I know people are against it. But why should I be stuck on my main scenario quest for an entire day because a few people don't know how to play their job correctly after 50+ levels or they can't move out of damage areas that explode after 4 seconds.

I'm just saying they should make these places way easier. Only raids and actual dungeons that don't require main scenarios should be difficult.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Because we play a weird game where anyone is allowed to play any way they want without fear of being held to some sort of standard, yet encounters are meant to punish groups for players not meeting these empirically derived standards.

Even some duty finder content highlights this bizarre paradox.

You'll find a group that can do it eventually in duty finder though; just gotta be tenacious.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Livia Bloodletter
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Last boss is ironically less difficult than Bismark Hard, which mainly means that it's poorly tuned.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Some people that are attempting Bismark "normal" are still undergeared I found. But others are just not doing a good enough rotation to get through the fight. You were probably dying on the dps check on the two snakes right??? (whatever those damn things are) EX it gets even worse....I will cross my fingers for you.
    (0)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player
    Character
    Gladiator Boocraft
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    It's still ridiculous and shouldn't be like this. By far the most grindy MMO i've played so far and I played everything up to now.

Why is the game grindy and have a main scenario that punishes you for playing with others that don't know what to do after 3.. 4... 5.. 6.. tries until everyone does abandon leave.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ardor Historia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I have never experienced your issue, to be frank. Maybe I just got lucky, but I got to clear the first Bismark on my first run. On duty finder.

I'm not going to dismiss your finding it difficult, but all I can think of is that you've just been unlucky!

As a side-note, people will only get better if content gets more difficult! Some main scenario quests becoming more challenging is only good! Force people out of their comfort zones!
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Boocraft View Post
    snip
    Go play Ragnarok Online (vanilla, original) and lemme know how grindy this feels.

And if people are failing that much... do you know what to do? Are you able to communicate with the party to tell them what to do? If everyone has communicated, back and forth, and people are still wiping, then yes it's best to break up. Unfortunately you can't do much about ragequitting.

Make a party finder group to find people to clear it with you.

This is the story version, right? I think.. when I did it my party wiped twice. First time, because we didn't get on Bismarck's back to hit the carapace and the second time because we didn't DPS down the two big sanuwas fast enough. Each time, someone explained why there was a wipe and we were able to clear it.
    (12)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

Player
    Character
    Vhaela Rhathyne
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Because people are terrible and god forbid you tell them that they suck. They'll call you an elitist and that you're ruining their fun. You know what ruins fun? Dying 10 times because people still can't do that basics like DODGE! Just keep trying and you'll get a good group.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Sakura Kinakina
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Boocraft View Post
    It's still ridiculous and shouldn't be like this. By far the most grindy MMO i've played so far and I played everything up to now.

Why is the game grindy and have a main scenario that punishes you for playing with others that don't know what to do after 3.. 4... 5.. 6.. tries until everyone does abandon leave.
    Make a party finder and ask for help then? but i find it funny every party you have try fail this much every time. Are you 100% sure your not messing up?
    (7)
    Last edited by SakuraMidori; 07-26-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Destomius Masteron
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    most grindy mmo? is this your first one?
    (28)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast