Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Achalys Frostbolt
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70

Meracydia/Miqo'te/Azys La speculations (spoilers)

(before you embark in this post. in coment http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3251921 it was shown evidence of the Miqo'te being from azys la.

The remaining structures are still from unkown origin (maybe allagan) but we know that Qarn, Azysla's cathedral and Aqueduct were built by the same civilzation.)

back to original post:

Hello, this is my first time posting something in this forum althou im a lore fan since 2.0

I posted a thread on reddit and i thought it would be interesting to post in here. Im going to exactly copy paste what i have posted there.

This may end up being a long post, just warning already.
    It is currently known of the hints that Miqo'te come from Meracydia continent, that during the Age of Endless Frost when the sea froze they eventually came to what is now Eorzea.

This theory is already supported since quite a while due to the miq'abob/aloe relationship (this is the first decent result i found from google to exemplefy : http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...tc_etc/cneh2n9

Want to know your opinions, what do you think ?
    (post is too big ( 3743 characters, need to make it shorter..)
    (6)
    Last edited by -Krypyonite-; 08-19-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Achalys Frostbolt
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Today i was randomly on Azys La and noticed that there were two interesting areas, called ''the Acheduct'' in the Delta quadrant and ''the cathedral'' in the gamma quadrant.

What is interesting about them is the fact that their architecture being far difrent from what we know of the allagans.
    ''They could be allagan constructions before they got high tech!''

Yes it could, but i strongly believe it is not.
    Here is a picture of the Acheduct: http://i.imgur.com/JvoCkJ9.jpg
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Achalys Frostbolt
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Usually Acheducts are used to carry water to the main cities. this one leads to nowhere, literally like the rest has fallen.Althou there is a small course of water at the side from it coming from what i believe to be water aspected crystals (but thats just imo) , but what is funny is that looks like the rock is absorbing the cobblestone of the construction and notice those simbols please.

Okay here is a picture of the roof of the Cathedral in the Gamma Quadrant now: http://i.imgur.com/tZ3RTO1.jpg It has the same simbols as before, and its in another quadrant, the type of architecture and stone seems to be the same aswell.

Now it gets interesting, this is inside of the Cathedral: http://i.imgur.com/owGvQQB.jpg You can see ''Azeyma the warden'' simbol, one of the 12.

Azeyma is known as the godess of sun, and is an important deity to the Miqo'te. Interesting is it not?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Achalys Frostbolt
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    It would look like these chunks of rock were literally plucked form the ground, its structure does not seem to have been built to stand like that : http://i.imgur.com/tj3U49A.jpg

thanks to a while of talking with a friend of mine called Nivi Qahna wich we spoke about everything in this thread. He stated that Azeyma is like a deity from egyptian mythology (wich i dont know alot about) the Wadjet-Bast or sekmet, 2 consorts of the Sun god and both represented by cats.

There is clearly some egyptian inspiration in some allagan createns, such as the shabti or Fractal continum last boss.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Achalys Frostbolt
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Lets not forget our great friend (wich i did not liked at first) G'raha Tia the Miqo'te from the Crystal tower story line. We know that Allagans introduced the ''eye'' in his blood line long time ago, allagans are known for their genetic plays, if they played with Meracydians, why couldn't they do the same with the Miqo'te?

To me it would seem that the whole Delta quadrant where the meracydian stay, and a it of gamma quadrant were literally plucked from the ground and these findings seem to help confirming the theory about the Miqo'te origin, as i think to be very unlikely that allagans would put their own historical ruins of their own past, praising a wierdly connected to them god where that already exists in the plot line IN a floating continent used for genetic and aetherochemical research.

About the other 2 norther quadrants, wasnt able to find specific traits of areas, althou beta quadrant has alot of giant trees and roots. where could it be from?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Varsir Ishtear
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    PS: you can Edit a post to make it past the 1000 word limit
    (10)
    The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it..

Player
    Character
    Achalys Frostbolt
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
    PS: you can Edit a post to make it past the 1000 word limit
    I feel so stupid right now... thanks.... well no way im redoing that ! but thanks....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by -Krypyonite- View Post
    What is interesting about them is the fact that their architecture being far difrent from what we know of the allagans. <...> Here is a picture of the Acheduct: http://i.imgur.com/JvoCkJ9.jpg <...> notice those simbols please. <...> here is a picture of the roof of the Cathedral in the Gamma Quadrant now: http://i.imgur.com/tZ3RTO1.jpg
    This architecture is actually seen elsewhere in the game - Thanalan. The Azeyma symbol and border elements are identical to those seen at Qarn and on the Invisible City (Lalafuto VI's Tomb). Both are known to have associations with Belah'dia, a Sixth Astral Era city-state possibly built by the surviving descendants of Mhach, the Black Mage city-state of the Fifth Astral Era. The thing is, Qarn was already there when the Belah'dians got there. This leads us to two initial questions:
    • Are the symbols Belah'dian, or were they inspired by the original Qarn?
    • In either case, do the ruins have any connections to the Miqo'te?
    Belah'dia was a lalafell-majority state, but Qarn was (we assumed) Fifth Astral, which is after the Miqo'te's arrival. The statue of Azeyma at The Invisible City is also quite similar to the statues built by the Lalafell of Ul'dah of Nald and Thal, and we know that they did worship Her, which begs the question - did the original inhabitants of Qarn? Or were these added specifically by the Lalafell in question in the early Sixth Astral Era?

Quote Originally Posted by -Krypyonite- View Post
    He stated that Azeyma is like a deity from egyptian mythology (wich i dont know alot about) the Wadjet-Bast or sekmet, 2 consorts of the Sun god and both represented by cats. <...> There is clearly some egyptian inspiration in some allagan createns, such as the shabti or Fractal continum last boss.
    Indeed, this is the information we've had on Azyema's wiki page since 2010 and we haven't found contradictions, yet. The enemies at Qarn (especially Hard) also bear some resemblance to Egyptian themes, as do the Shabti from the Allag areas (though, those were originally borrowed from FFXIII for the Lightning Strikes event).

Qarn might not even have been Fifth Astral in the first place if these ruins on Azys Lla are 5,000 years old, which also implies that the symbols predate the Belah'dian arrival at Qarn, the Mhach, and the arrival of Miqo'te from Meracydia.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, yet...
    (11)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 07-25-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Shippuu Nammuu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I thought Miqo'te didn't start worshipping Azeyma etc. until after they migrated to Eorzea? At least that was my understanding of their lore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shippuu; 07-26-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
    I thought Miqo'te didn't start worshipping Azeyma etc. until after they migrated to Eorzea? At least that was my understanding of their lore.
    Tecnicly we dont know. All the lore says is that they worship azeyma.

AND WAIT A SEC QARN WAS BEFORRE THE ALLAGANS? IMPOSSIBLE
    Qarn is a temple made by the belah'idans. It was no a city on the times before the the ancenstros of them ( forgot the name of the civilisation )
    (0)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast