Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

goodbye black pearls....

So umm yeah read the crafting patch notes and one of the items on the 'to be trashed' list is 'blacklip oyster'. So SE, lemme get this straight...one of the very few things a high rank CUL could make for profit and you're taking it away??? ...I mean, I always thought they were a pain to make, but still....and no batwings means no gelatin...so I guess no Stuffed Cabbage...which was another thing people bought. Oh and no more gil buns means no more baked sole...and I always did will with baked sole sales. :/

Do you just hate us? It's been a year and still no one understands how to use food, what to do with food, and CUL's still don't tend to make near the profit that their other crafting friends can make.

Don't get me wrong, I know supposedly there are changes for ALC and CUL in the future...but don't you think you could have thrown us a bone or two? Or at least not have erased several of our profitable synths before replacing them with new ones?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Black Pearls aren't going anywhere. The only two lists Blacklip Oysters in are "Not Used in New Recipes" and "No Longer Obtained from Gathering."

The old recipes still are in the game, and Blacklip Oysters still drop from Yarzon Bleeders, Sand Yarzons, Hippocerfs and Anemones. So CULs still can very much make Black Pearls post 1.19.

Gil Buns, while no longer gatherable by DoL, can be purchased from Wysslorh at 6,4 on the Merchant Strip in Ul'dah.

And you may be interested in this post from Yoshida that Reinheart translated, still getting bat wings too:

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    プロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。
    Producer/Director Yoshida Here,

プレイヤーの皆様には、大規模なレシピ改修にて混乱を来してしまい恐縮です。
    皆様からのご指摘によって、以下のアイテムについては、Bugを発見して修正を施しました。
    下記のアイテムはパッチ1.19後も、次なる改修が行われるまで排出続行されます。
    We are really sorry the large scale recipe changes are confusing the players.
    We noted below bug from your all and we corrected it.
    Below items will still stay even after 1.19 patch.

・プークの翼 - Puk Wing
    ・バットの翼 - Bat Wing
    ・ビアストの鱗 - Biast Scales
    ・ドレイクの鱗 - Drake Scales
    ・ドーマウスの粗皮 - Dormouse Pelt
    ・インプの翼 - Imp Wing
    ・アーリマンの翼 - Ahriman Wing

さらに、幾つかのレシピについて、不利益とならないための調整も施しています。
    Also we are making adjustments to recipes so it be disadvantage.

また、パッチ1.19にてインゲームでの排出は停止になるものの、
    将来的に再度排出される可能性があるアイテムについては、現在、とりまとめを行っている最中です。
    Also, some items that will be discontinued with patch 1.19 but still has possibility of coming back in the future, we are currently looking into right now (gathering info)

上記不具合の修正、並びに追記については、トピックスでの全リージョンフォローのため、
    トピックス更新準備を現在も作業中です。
    For above change and additional information we have to follow up with players from every region so we are preparing right now to update the topics.

改めてのアナウンスまで、もう少々お時間をください。
    皆様のご指摘には本当に感謝しております。引き続き膨大なリストではありますが、
    製作不能になる懸念等発見した際には、当該スレッドにてご指摘頂けると、
    パッチリリースまでの間、およびパッチリリース後も早急に対応をしていくつもりです。
    Please wait a bit more for announcement
    We really appreciate for you all pointing out (the bug/error) the list is huge bug if you find any other if you could please let us know though this thread, we will make immediate changes before patch and after patch.

ご指摘、ありがとうございました!
    Thanks for helping! (point out)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post362944
    (1)
    Last edited by Sephrick; 10-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    ummm...yeah so for ONE more patch we 'might' be able to make some pearls...also, they've already removed the mobs and camps that were better to farm oysters from (yarzons drop them but there were mobs/camps with better drop rates)

the gil buns/bat wings, okay so we can buy them from an NPC....I don't like having to buy my mats from NPC's all the time (it seems like it's at least one mat a synth at higher levels...the pro of course is at least we have a steady supply for them...but free was WAY better on a 1:1 ratio synth (baked sole).

My main point was this, ranking CUL feels 'eh...' on a good day...most days it's a 'I know this should pay off down the road but why am I doing this thing'. SE knows CUL is broken and thankfully, is going to 'fix' a lot of it in upcoming patches...but in my opinion, ALC and CUL should have been upgraded even before Materia crafting was introduced...especially since now with Physical ranks going bye bye and our skill points being 'set' for the next patch or two this seemed like the perfect time to teach people the wonders of food and alc items as 'boosters'. Instead, they're going to teach the player base 'eh, we didn't need that food then so why use it now?' ...food shouldn't be any more optional than a good set of gear...and right now it is. So really, any messing with CUL or ALC that makes it more challenging/harder on players currently ranking/playing those classes seems super unfair.

Keep in mind, CUL has officially been broken for a year...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eldaena Vonxandria
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I sort of agree with this OPs point. Though, originally I started culinarian because I liked the idea of crafting food for my friends, rather than the profit of it. I honestly thought that the beginning of the crafting changes was to be originally centered around Culinarian and Alchemist first. Culinarian needing changes for the fact almost every synth requires several materials as well as the food not being used as it should (practically another piece of gear.) And then alchemy in turn since they wanted to alter the dying system. I thought they would have alchemy influenced more into possibly dying the gear, rather than how they are doing it now with the all-purpose dye used by the craft that made the gear. Not to mention neither of these classes will have any hand in the materia process.

It's disheartening...these are my two favorite crafts and I feel like they have been neglected (other than the fish to shards conversions several patches ago.) I'm glad they cleared up some of the confusion over a few of the items in question on these changes, but I still have to question their intent for the classes overall. Even with the physical level being removed in a few days, I doubt food sales will change at all (or other consumables like potions) and I won't have any new recipes (like all the other crafts) to enjoy, share, experiment, and maybe even sell too. I just want equality across all the classes. Each should have equal need and enjoyment, but it doesn't seem to be that way as of yet.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eldaena; 10-02-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    ummm...yeah so for ONE more patch we 'might' be able to make some pearls...also, they've already removed the mobs and camps that were better to farm oysters from (yarzons drop them but there were mobs/camps with better drop rates)

the gil buns/bat wings, okay so we can buy them from an NPC....I don't like having to buy my mats from NPC's all the time (it seems like it's at least one mat a synth at higher levels...the pro of course is at least we have a steady supply for them...but free was WAY better on a 1:1 ratio synth (baked sole).

My main point was this, ranking CUL feels 'eh...' on a good day...most days it's a 'I know this should pay off down the road but why am I doing this thing'. SE knows CUL is broken and thankfully, is going to 'fix' a lot of it in upcoming patches...but in my opinion, ALC and CUL should have been upgraded even before Materia crafting was introduced...especially since now with Physical ranks going bye bye and our skill points being 'set' for the next patch or two this seemed like the perfect time to teach people the wonders of food and alc items as 'boosters'. Instead, they're going to teach the player base 'eh, we didn't need that food then so why use it now?' ...food shouldn't be any more optional than a good set of gear...and right now it is. So really, any messing with CUL or ALC that makes it more challenging/harder on players currently ranking/playing those classes seems super unfair.

Keep in mind, CUL has officially been broken for a year...
    What you fail to mention is that they have stated that Alchemy and Culinarian rework is bieng done in 1.20. So by the time 1.20 rolls around you still wont have to worry about it becausse your class will be getting an overhaul. No worries people. They are not taking a dump on your class.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by StateAlchemist View Post
    What you fail to mention is that they have stated that Alchemy and Culinarian rework is bieng done in 1.20. So by the time 1.20 rolls around you still wont have to worry about it becausse your class will be getting an overhaul. No worries people. They are not taking a dump on your class.

I did give SE credit that CUL/ALC is supposedly seeing changes in upcoming patches... the point I was trying to make was this 'seems a little backwards to me' ALC/CUL currently suffer WAY more than other classes...just by re-doing these two classes first, there would have been more balance across the classes...or leaving us alone for one more patch.

I think what bothered me most about the patch notes was this: Lists of new recipes and mats for all but ALC/CUL (yes, I know next patch...and I knew that while I was reading the patch notes so I really wasn't expecting much for my class) but not only do ALC and CUL get nothing really new right now, we loose some ease of gathering for current synths. This wouldn't actually bother me if SE included a list of ALC/CUL recipes that were going to be 'dated' too...at least for those that had mats on the 'discontinued' list. It just seems like they 'forgot' us again...not so much because we didn't get anything new, but because we have to 'read between the lines' to know what recipes are still viable. Oh and add this to some of my 'mats camps' already have disappeared (as of the last patch)...I just feel like we got no love.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaine Astreaus
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'll tell you one thing i think they need to start listing the effects that food causes to stats that way more ppl would buy food i know i would, most people are not going to blindly throw down gill to buy it unless they know the benefits and i hope its something that SE fixes so that i can contribute to the culinary cause.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MokoMuncher View Post
    I'll tell you one thing i think they need to start listing the effects that food causes to stats that way more ppl would buy food i know i would, most people are not going to blindly throw down gill to buy it unless they know the benefits and i hope its something that SE fixes so that i can contribute to the culinary cause.
    This is planned in an upcoming patch. The description of the food item will include what it actually does. I don't know if they will give exact numbers or not but probably something like 'optimal rank 30...+attack/hp'
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    This is planned in an upcoming patch. The description of the food item will include what it actually does. I don't know if they will give exact numbers or not but probably something like 'optimal rank 30...+attack/hp'
    It need to have the full benefit listed in the tooltip. Whether that be a numerical value, a percentage increase, whatever. Anything less than placing all the info is unacceptable. Unless they start doing the same thing for every other crafted item. Could you imagine the uproar if weapons/armor only listed 'some' of the info needed? There would be an uproar all over. The only reason there isn't more noise being made about CUL is because most people do not care or have just plain given up.

I have watched other jobs make 100+ million in gil from making items while the only thing people want from me is a pearl. I didn't start a CUL to get people pearls, I started it to make people food.

People keep saying 1.20, I never saw an definitive info about CUL/ALCH changes coming in 1.20. Just vague comments about an upcoming patch which means yes, it could be 1.20 or it could be 6 months from now.

There will be no recipe changes for alchemists and culinarians in patch 1.19.
    Recipe changes for alchemists and culinarians will be implemented in future patches.
    So who knows, I don't have any hope for 1.20. Besides if all they do is change the recipes and leave the food system for yet another later patch it doesn't even matter.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    /sigh I agree with you Vesper...and I didn't start ranking CUL to make pearls either...just was one of the things we could do that'd make an actual profit. Really, I still don't understand why CUL/ALC are the last 2 classes to get updated....materia crafting should have been held off until these classes were fixed. Giving the 'gear' crafting classes yet another way to profit and keep selling wares while still keeping our classes broken was a dumb move imo.

Also, while it seems all the other crafts have recipes that only require 1-3 easily obtainable mats to make the leveling purpose easy, we're stuck ranking on recipes that require 5+ mats...usually at least one of which is rare and/or only available from an NPC and expensive. (I'm not saying all of the other crafters recipes or their profitable ones require fewer mats, just the exping ones). So once again, I don't know why they couldn't have streamlined us first.

The only reasons I can think of that they are updating CUL in a later patch is this: Our recipes getting reworked and our items getting actual descriptions. Which while I hope they are as detailed as possible, I'd be happy with something like:

Apple Juice:
    'A sweet tasty juice made from freshly squeezed apples.'
    Optimal Rank Range: 35-45
    Boosts: Magic Craftmanship by 10%
    Boosts: Magic by 20 points
    Duration: 30 Minutes

But I'd expect that in addition to this they either include in each note 'Effects weakened if item is used by a class that doesn't fall within the optimal ranks or some warning about loss of effectiveness somehow. This is my bare minimum expectation.

Ideally though, I'm hoping they rework food so that different races/classes/jobs benefit from eating specific meals. So maybe a Lala rank 50 tank gets the best boost from La Noscan Toast but a Hyur rank 50 tank should be eating knights bread for the best benefit. I like this only because it'd make it so almost all of our recipes are good sellers and profitable and avoid situations like in ffxi where while there was a HUGE list of items craftable by Cooks, very few were commonly used by the player base. (Less easy to have market monopoly's if so many items are in demand)....this however would take a lot of energy on SE's part to start...and we see how much energy they've spent on our class so far. Although far less convuluted that the current 'stat-based' system.

It'd be ALOT easier on us as CUL's if they changed foods to either have stats based on character levels/classes or on character race/level/class, since all that would require from us is. "What class, rank and race are you? What stat do you want to raise? Oh you should try _______ it's yummy at your rank" That'd be WAY easier that what we have going on now.

Oh and I also think that we're having to wait for love (at least this better be a reason) because they are completely rewriting what some of our items do/dropping recipes/giving us new ones etc. So just because apple juice gives +Magic Craft now, doesn't mean it will after the update...nor that it will be a higher rank juice. After our update, it might give MP refresh and be a rank 20 Mage drink. Who knows...I just want love.

As to the 1.20 CUL/ALC patch...well I think I read that a while ago...but lord knows if that was official or not. I'm just going to hope for now that is when we see changes. Oh, and we did get 1 recipe update. Smoked Raptor....because that was the recipe I thought was crazy /sarcasm ....if they would have fixed Crown Cakes, I'd have a little more respect for them....what the heck is with that recipe????
    (0)
    Last edited by Kinseykinz; 10-04-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast